Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 9,801 to 9,820 of 13,108

CanisWolfred

ShadowFox254 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

In otherwords, you saw the second half, since most of the problems you listed are from just the second half. The first half is much better and you don't even really have to go on to the second half since it's ends just find in the first half.

I did had some bad problems with the first half, example: in episode 10 where Kirito joins Asuna's guild he tells her the reason why he was a lone wolf because he let his own guild members die because he didn't warn them that it was a trap from the beginning and after that he decided to be alone because he didn't want anyone to die anymore, but would do anything to keep that from happening again. Ironically the next day he's group into a three man team with Godfrey and another team member for a little training session and one of the fellow members betrays them by adding a paralyzing status in their drink, Kirito and Godfrey are at the mercy of the traitor, so the traitor tortures Godfrey first in order to savior the moment for Kirito, we see Godfrey being slash at while Kirito watches in fear, after Godfrey being on his last ounce of HP left we still see Kirito silent and the traitor leads the death blow on Godfrey.

This where it becomes a problem for me, before they left on the journey Asuna stated that Kirito is stronger than Godfrey and Kirito decided to let Godfrey die without even saying a freaking word like "I'm the one you want" or saying "Stop it", when finally came his turn, Kirito thought he would break free from the paralyzing through sheer willpower, just because he's Kirito, but Asuna comes in and saves the day bringing the traitor into his knees and begging for forgiveness, but Asuna lacking common sense decides to lower her guard and the traitor goes for the attack only to be protected by Kirito (since she can't do anything without him) at end who deals the death blow to the traitor.

I said better, I didn't say "flawless".

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Rocko52

Well, sorry to have been gone for a while (and I'm leaving pretty quickly too, going to camp tomorrow) But recently I finished marathoning the Greed Island, and Chimera Ant Arcs of Hunter X Hunter, and the Water 7/Ennies Lobby Arcs of One Piece. I've gotta say, Hunter X Hunter might have become my favorite anime of all time with the Chimera Ant Arc, which is undoubtedly my favorite shounen arc of all time.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

RR529

Toonami Saturday Night!

Attack on Titan - Missed it.

Bleach - Missed it.

Space Dandy - Missed the first ten minutes. From what I saw, it was a pretty good episode, though maybe surprisingly serious (by SD standards, at least)?

Naruto Shippuden - Pretty standard shonen stuff here. Fights were good, and they manage to overcome with the power of a promise! (Though it was a bit silly that all these experienced, trained fighters were so shocked by the revelation that they actually get tired the longer they fight, like they had no idea that happens. They actually had to have it explained to them at one point, believing their opponents were getting stronger over the course of the fight, instead of them simply getting winded...).

One Piece - Pretty good episode. Things are getting really intense.

Blue Exorcist - Pretty par for the course as far as this series is concerned.

Black Lagoon - The fire fight is underway, and the Lagoon Company is literally in the position of either roasting in the oven or jumping into the frying pan.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Sir_Diabeetus

RR529 wrote:

Toonami Saturday Night!

Bleach - Missed it.

Space Dandy - Missed the first ten minutes. From what I saw, it was a pretty good episode, though maybe surprisingly serious (by SD standards, at least)?

Naruto Shippuden - Pretty standard shonen stuff here. Fights were good, and they manage to overcome with the power of a promise! (Though it was a bit silly that all these experienced, trained fighters were so shocked by the revelation that they actually get tired the longer they fight, like they had no idea that happens. They actually had to have it explained to them at one point, believing their opponents were getting stronger over the course of the fight, instead of them simply getting winded...).

Black Lagoon - The fire fight is underway, and the Lagoon Company is literally in the position of either roasting in the oven or jumping into the frying pan.

I've also missed Attack on Titan and Bleach, because I was to busy watching Rurouni Kenshin. When I was at toonami. I was gonna watch Fullmetal Alchemist but then I realized it WAS 4:00 A.M. Then I have to sleep at that time. I don't want to stay up until 6:00 A.M. Otherwise, I would get NO sleep at all.

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

RR529

NintenNess wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Toonami Saturday Night!

Bleach - Missed it.

I've also missed Attack on Titan and Bleach, because I was to busy watching Rurouni Kenshin. When I was at toonami. I was gonna watch Fullmetal Alchemist but then I realized it WAS 4:00 A.M. Then I have to sleep at that time. I don't want to stay up until 6:00 A.M. Otherwise, I would get NO sleep at all.

Yeah, I actually used to stay up and watch the whole block (though it ends at 5 A.M. in my time zone) when they still had InuYasha, but now I don't bother to stay up that late, lol.

Hope you enjoy Rurouni Kenshin, btw.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Wheeler

Okay, I need some help on picking a anime to watch again (yes, I'm bored). Here are the 4 choices I'm mostly leading on:

Bubblegum Crisis (Original)
Gunsmith Cats
Trigun
Outlaw Star

Thanks guys. Also, any of the summer shows you guys are enjoying or plan on watching?

Wheeler

CanisWolfred

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Okay, I need some help on picking a anime to watch again (yes, I'm bored). Here are the 4 choices I'm mostly leading on:

Gunsmith Cats
Trigun
Outlaw Star

Thanks guys. Also, any of the summer shows you guys are enjoying or plan on watching?

I'd say Gunsmith Cats was my least favorite out of these, if that helps. Trigun would definitely be my top pick, but Outlaw Star holds a special place in my heart, too. Bubblegun Crisis is also pretty good if you watch it subbed, just not quite Trigun/Outlaw Star levels.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tobiaku

Bought the second Wandering son book yesterday. Its my first manga ^^ I'm gonna get the rest of the Wandering son books, but do any of you have other recomendations?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

GuSolarFlare

started watching Nichijou, so far it's being pretty funny!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

GuSolarFlare

CanisWolfred wrote:

GuSolarFlare wrote:

started watching Nichijou, so far it's being pretty funny!

That's one I figured you'd like. Surprised you haven't watched it already.

yeah when I started watching it I was wondering why I hadn't watched it before.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Spoony_Tech

CanisWolfred wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Gunsmith Cats
Trigun
Outlaw Star

I'd say Gunsmith Cats was my least favorite out of these, if that helps. Trigun would definitely be my top pick, but Outlaw Star holds a special place in my heart, too. Bubblegun Crisis is also pretty good if you watch it subbed, just not quite Trigun/Outlaw Star levels.

Outlawstar for what ever reason is my favorite. Ok because it rocks. Episode 21 I believe goes down as my favorite anime episode all time. No wonder it was cut from the early goings of adult swim. Trigun comes in a close second or 3rd but my top 5 are all really interchangeable. Oh and Bubble Gum Crisis is at least watchable. Falls somewhere in the middle for me.

Edit: It was episode 23 actually. Also did I mention it had the best opening music as well!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

My favorite episode of anime would probably be a certain episode in the middle of Detective Conan. Mainly because Conan at points has some crazy long episodes just because it was so popular they could get away with doing that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RR529

Tobias95 wrote:

Bought the second Wandering son book yesterday. Its my first manga ^^ I'm gonna get the rest of the Wandering son books, but do any of you have other recomendations?

As for recommendations, it depnds on what genre(s) you're into. I'll go ahead list my top five recommendations though (they are mostly action stuff, since that's what I typically read).

5. Puppet Master Genzo - Set in feudal Japan, it follows the adventures of a master puppeteer and a warrior princess who get caught up dealing with all sorts of trouble in her fiefdom. It's not unusual for some magical element to be at play with regards to the issues at hand, and has the highest level of mystery amongst all the titles listed. It can be quite dark themed at times, and fanservice isn't uncommon, but if those two things don't put you off, it's very much worth a read.

4. History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi - Kenichi is unusual for your typical shonen action hero. He's not your upbeat happy go lucky hero (like Goku or Luffy), nor is he the brooding loner with a heart of gold (Ichigo or InuYasha). Instead, he's a kind and humble guy who gets picked on all the time and as such, even looks down upon himself. However, he secretly desires to be strong in order to protect the weak, and after witnessing the beautiful new girl in school wipe the floor with some punks (saving him in the process), he gets the courage to venture to an old dojo and start tutelage under it's masters. The hook though, is that this dojo houses the six greatest martial arts masters alive (so skilled they can do all sorts of superhuman feats like running on water), who not simply want to teach him how to deal with his bullies, but to pass down all their knowledge down to him (after all, who better to teach ultimate power, than one who doesn't want to fight). Before he knows it, Kenichi is wrapped up in a global battle between martial artists with the world at stake! Oh, and that beautiful girl that he likes, is the granddaughter of the dojo's top master! It'll probably be the longest thing on this list (about 550 chapters and still ongoing), so it can drag at times (seeing as how the entire series as been spent fighting the same evil organisation), and this one has a LOT of fanservice, but if you can get past those issues, this'll keep you entertained for a long time.

3. Deadman Wonderland - Ganta Igarashi was your average teenage boy, until a mysterious man dressed in red appears out of nowhere and massacares his entire class with some strange power. Ganta being the only survivor (and no traces of the "red man's" existence), he's assumed guilty, and thrown into Japan's first and only privately owned prison (the titular Deadman Wonderland), where the prisoners are forced to operate an amusement park for guests. While there, he runs into a strange white haired girl with enormous strength who claims to know him (and is supposedly his best friend), and he even discovers he has been given the power to weaponize his blood. He's quickly thrown into an underground tournament with other prisoners with this power, and is promised a chance to fight his hated "red man" if he wins, but can he survive, even trust the seedy warden who gave him this promise, and what of the mysterious white haired girl? This is by far the darkest series on this list (being forced to fight in such a tournament has twisted the psyche of pretty much every character to a sick and twisted state, though most of them end up being good at heart), but the pacing is absolutely perfect, with each arc flowing into the next one perfectly, and the next enemy always being a logical next step forward.

2. Rurouni Kenshin (may be known as Samurai X) - In terms of sheer quality, this is probably the best series on this list. Set in Meiji era Japan, it centers around a ronin named Kenshin Himura. During the Meiji revolution he was the best killer around, and it was partly in due to his skill that his side won the war. Saddened by the deaths he has caused, he now wanders the land protecting the weak, vowing never to kill again (fighting with a reverse blade katana, that has a blunt "cutting edge"). However, he becomes enchanted by the ideals of a young female dojo leader named Kaoru Kamiya, who vows to pass down the teachings of her father who created a sword style that aims to protect life, rather than kill. Kenshin settles down at this dojo, but it's not long before his reputation gets out, and he has to start dealing with punks who want to make a name for themselves, and old rivals coming back to settle scores. A new revolution is about to set the nation alight, and will Kenshin be able to stop it's mad masterminds without breaking his pledge to never kill again? At around 200 chapters, it neither drags on, nor leaves you wanting for more.

1. InuYasha - In terms of quality, I'd say RK is definitely ahead, but I enjoyed this manga more (mostly due to the nostalgia I have for the anime).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Spoony_Tech

RR529 wrote:

Tobias95 wrote:

As for recommendations, it depnds on what genre(s) you're into. I'll go ahead list my top five recommendations though (they are mostly action stuff, since that's what I typically read).

5. Puppet Master Genzo - Set in feudal Japan, it follows the adventures of a master puppeteer and a warrior princess who get caught up dealing with all sorts of trouble in her fiefdom. It's not unusual for some magical element to be at play with regards to the issues at hand, and has the highest level of mystery amongst all the titles listed. It can be quite dark themed at times, and fanservice isn't uncommon, but if those two things don't put you off, it's very much worth a read.

4. History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi - Kenichi is unusual for your typical shonen action hero. He's not your upbeat happy go lucky hero (like Goku or Luffy), nor is he the brooding loner with a heart of gold (Ichigo or InuYasha). Instead, he's a kind and humble guy who gets picked on all the time and as such, even looks down upon himself. However, he secretly desires to be strong in order to protect the weak, and after witnessing the beautiful new girl in school wipe the floor with some punks (saving him in the process), he gets the courage to venture to an old dojo and start tutelage under it's masters. The hook though, is that this dojo houses the six greatest martial arts masters alive (so skilled they can do all sorts of superhuman feats like running on water), who not simply want to teach him how to deal with his bullies, but to pass down all their knowledge down to him (after all, who better to teach ultimate power, than one who doesn't want to fight). Before he knows it, Kenichi is wrapped up in a global battle between martial artists with the world at stake! Oh, and that beautiful girl that he likes, is the granddaughter of the dojo's top master! It'll probably be the longest thing on this list (about 550 chapters and still ongoing), so it can drag at times (seeing as how the entire series as been spent fighting the same evil organisation), and this one has a LOT of fanservice, but if you can get past those issues, this'll keep you entertained for a long time.

3. Deadman Wonderland - Ganta Igarashi was your average teenage boy, until a mysterious man dressed in red appears out of nowhere and massacares his entire class with some strange power. Ganta being the only survivor (and no traces of the "red man's" existence), he's assumed guilty, and thrown into Japan's first and only privately owned prison (the titular Deadman Wonderland), where the prisoners are forced to operate an amusement park for guests. While there, he runs into a strange white haired girl with enormous strength who claims to know him (and is supposedly his best friend), and he even discovers he has been given the power to weaponize his blood. He's quickly thrown into an underground tournament with other prisoners with this power, and is promised a chance to fight his hated "red man" if he wins, but can he survive, even trust the seedy warden who gave him this promise, and what of the mysterious white haired girl? This is by far the darkest series on this list (being forced to fight in such a tournament has twisted the psyche of pretty much every character to a sick and twisted state, though most of them end up being good at heart), but the pacing is absolutely perfect, with each arc flowing into the next one perfectly, and the next enemy always being a logical next step forward.

2. Rurouni Kenshin (may be known as Samurai X) - In terms of sheer quality, this is probably the best series on this list. Set in Meiji era Japan, it centers around a ronin named Kenshin Himura. During the Meiji revolution he was the best killer around, and it was partly in due to his skill that his side won the war. Saddened by the deaths he has caused, he now wanders the land protecting the weak, vowing never to kill again (fighting with a reverse blade katana, that has a blunt "cutting edge"). However, he becomes enchanted by the ideals of a young female dojo leader named Kaoru Kamiya, who vows to pass down the teachings of her father who created a sword style that aims to protect life, rather than kill. Kenshin settles down at this dojo, but it's not long before his reputation gets out, and he has to start dealing with punks who want to make a name for themselves, and old rivals coming back to settle scores. A new revolution is about to set the nation alight, and will Kenshin be able to stop it's mad masterminds without breaking his pledge to never kill again? At around 200 chapters, it neither drags on, nor leaves you wanting for more.

1. InuYasha - In terms of quality, I'd say RK is definitely ahead, but I enjoyed this manga more (mostly due to the nostalgia I have for the anime).

Kenshin approves of this comment!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RR529

RR529 wrote:

Tobias95 wrote:

I'll continue here, since my last post was so long, it couldn't fit in one thing, lol.

With regards to the plot of InuYasha, it centers around a teenage girl by the name of Kagome who gets thrown back in time to feudal Japan, and discovers she's the reincarnation of Kikyo (a dead priestess from that time), and has been brought back to purify the Shikon Jewel (a powerful orb that grants immesurable power to one who wishes upon it), which was burned with Kikyo's body, and reborn with her. The thing is, the jewel gets shattered, and now she has to team up with the foul mouthed half demon InuYasha (who wants it for himself, to become full demon) in order to get it back. Only she has the power to sense the jewel shards' locations & purify them, but she needs his protection from the dangers in this world. Of course, as time goes on, romance starts to build between the two, but things never go so smoothly, once the series villain pops up, amongst a variety of other things. I'd say the manga is a lot better than the anime, and lacks many of the problems that people seem to dislike the series for (most, though not all issues, were either anime exclusive, or highly exaggerated in the anime), so I'd give it a shot even if you don't care for the anime. The manga is also quite a bit darker themed than the anime, and has more explicit (and common) fanservice than the anime had, though (at least for the first 150 or so chapters, then both of those things get toned down, even in the manga).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Spoony_Tech

ShadowFox254 wrote:

@Spoony_Tech: The hot spa episode was awesome.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that!

MERG said:

CanisWolfred

Tobias95 wrote:

I ain't got much since when I read manga, it's usually really dark and serious, or at least action-heavy. I Hear the K-On College manga (basically just the college arc of the original manga) was pretty good, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic