Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 13,101 to 13,106 of 13,106

RR529

Newest additions.

Untitled

Cowboy Bebop: the Movie - Haven't seen this in ages, but it was pretty great. Don't think it quite lived up to the series, but that's a very high bar to clear & it came close. Really loved how lived in and grounded the world building felt.

Ponyo - One of the weaker Ghibli films IMO (it feels more like a "kids' film" than a "film for everyone that kids can also watch" that the better Ghibli films capture), but it still looks absolutely gorgeous (& I love aquatic themed anime) so I enjoyed it well enough.

Urusei Yatsura TV Collection 4 - The final set! It's pretty much more of the same, but I enjoy the antics. I don't even have 20 episodes left to go now & it's been quite a ride. Will start picking up the Ranma sets once I finish.

Why the hell are you here Teacher!? - Pretty cliche fanservice anime. Pretty fun if that's what you're into though, and the episode runtimes are brief so it doesn't put up much pretext & gets right to it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

Newest additions

Untitled
Untitled

• Dual: Parallel Trouble Adventure - Watched this eons ago on a G4TV anime block, so it feels kinda familiar yet fresh. It seems to take a lot from more famous properties, with a lot of superficial elements ripped from Evangelion (Teenage boy mech pilot ends up in a living arrangement with three women. His commanding officer, the tsundere girl who acts like he's worthless but likes him, and the stoic biologically engineered girl who opens up to him specifically. Oh, and the mech designs themselves are barely legally distinct from Evas), but also the antagonists are a knock off Red Ribbon Army (Dragon Ball). IIRC, it's revealed to be a stealth Tenchi Muyo! spinoff by the end too (like, legitimately). Obviously it's not as narratively deep & more lightheadted than Evangelion (definitely more of a standard harem feel), and it feels much more SFW with what little fanservice it's had (so far) in comparison to any other Tenchi related media I've seen, but I've been enjoying it.
  • Hand Maid May - Haven't seen this before, but it looks like something I'd enjoy.
  • Otaku no Video - I think I've seen this before a number of years ago, but I don't remember much about it (though I know it's loosely based on Gainax's history, with a group of otaku making their own anime studio). I've enjoyed every Gainax release I've seen though so it seemed like a safe bet. All the stuff in the second pic is all the extras it came packed with.
  • Pom Poko - Haven't seen before, but Ghibli is usually a good pick. I'm not a sub purist or anything, but I may skip the dub on this because I've heard that aspect of it is really bad though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

kkslider5552000

I'll be honest Dungeon Meshi (yeah, I give up, typing less is easier than saying the English title) was not an anime I was expecting to get into as is. I'm not a huge fantasy fan tbh, at least in terms of anything that fits the standard D&D understanding of it, especially with most modern anime just using it as an excuse to make the most generic video game jokes. And the other food anime I watched (yes, as in more than one) were formulaic to a fault. But this is really living up to the hype, its a way, way, WAY better dramatic fantasy series than I could've anticipated.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RR529

Recent Haul.

Untitled

Berserk - the '97 series. As famous as the franchise is I'm completely uninitiated. I think I'm about 9 episodes in now & am enjoying it quite a bit.

From Up on Poppy Hill - Haven't seen before, but Ghibli is always a safe bet.

Metal Skin Panic: Madox-01 - Saw this years ago on an old YouTube channel that was dumping a bunch of old 80's & 90's OVA's/Movies, but haven't seen it since. Generally like Mecha/sci-fi stuff of the era though, so It'll be nice to give it a watch.

Ranma 1/2 Set 2 - Finished this up recently. It's still as hilarious as it ever was & I can't wait to buy the next set once I'm done with Berserk.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Greatluigi

Hey everyone I just want y’all to know that the blue archive anime is coming out in two days and that they revealed a short preview of the first episode.
Please note that this is a fan translated video because I can’t find the original. Please give the fan translator some credit.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tQmEXIJX7-g&pp=ygUaYmx1ZSBh...

Edited on by Greatluigi

Greatluigi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic