Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 13,081 to 13,100 of 13,108

jedgamesguy

@jump Sadly not, in fact every time I'm in London I usually end up driving four hours away from it >p. About an hour away from Exeter, actually but I'm going up north for university soon and I'll juuust miss some good screenings. Hoping to see Killers of the Flower Moon myself, it's gotten absolutely rave reviews.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Fizza

THE DEVIL MAY CRY ANIME IS REAL AND IT LOOKS FANTASTIC I'M SO EXCITED

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Oh that hyped Frieren show is already out with its like 2 hour long beginning...hmm...

Look, it worked perfectly for Oshi no Ko but I don't want this to be a trend. I don't want to watch a movie to start an anime series regularly.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

jedgamesguy

Joined my local Anime Society and watched the first episodes of One Punch Man, Toradora, Jujutsu Kaisen, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and the first four eps of Nichijou?! I think I like Nichijou the most actually, it's so bizarre that it circles round to being normal again.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Fizza

Forgot to post about it here but SCOTT PILGRIM THE ANIME COMES OUT TWO WEEKS AFTER MY BIRTHDAY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Genuinely picked up the entire book series in prep for this (haven't had the time to go through them yet though) so I'm absolutely over the moon it's coming out so soon!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Greatluigi

Just to let any scientific railgun fans know but it’s getting a official crossover with blue archive.
Here’s the link to the official announcement.

Greatluigi

EllaTheQueen6

@Greatluigi My phone could never run Blue Archive but gosh dang it I will buy a 500 dollar phone to play a Railgun crossover

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
Vice president/second divine goddess of the Chit-Chat thread

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

Greatluigi

@EllaTheQueen6 thankfully the global version is behind the Japanese version by 6 months so you might have enough time.

Greatluigi

Magician

I don't actively read Boruto, but seeing glimpses of him being power crept beyond Hokage Naruto is a little exciting.

Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Jhena

Finished watching The Story Of Pollyanna, Girl Of Love yesterday. The anime is quite a bit too dramatic for me and I think in general a little bit too heavy for young children. Still the anime shows how important it is to stay positive and to not give up, because in the end it pays off. Thankfully there are also alot of warm and lighthearted moments. The cast is very likeable.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

RR529

New additions to the collection.

Untitled

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence - I actually hadn't seen this one until now (which is kinda surprising since the first is one of my favorites). It wasn't as good as the original, but still worth the watch.

Giant Robo the Animation - 90's mecha OVA series. Haven't seen it before, but it looks right up my alley.

GinRei - Spinoff of the above. Neither is very long so I figured I'd just get both & watch them back to back.

Kiki's Delivery Service - Another one I haven't seen, but you can't go wrong with Ghibli.

Lupin the 3rd: A Woman Called Fujiko Mine - I'd seen this on streaming in the past & liked it (& like the Lupin stuff in general), so I decided it was time to get it for good.

Urusei Yatsura: TV Collection 2 - Almost have this set wrapped up. As a comedy it's kinda hit & miss, with episodes I love & some I can leave, but I do overall like it and how experimental it can feel at times.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kkslider5552000

I watched the first episode of Pluto, which literally just came out on Netflix just yesterday.

While it wasn't quite as incredibly gripping as I was expecting, based on both the hype and what I've seen of this guy's work, it is the third anime season in a row where I just happened to have watched a truly brilliant first episode out of the couple of anime I've decided to watch (also somehow, two of the three are Netflix shows that are late to the Fall 2023 party).

RR529

Last haul.

Untitled

Ghost in the Shell: the New Movie - Haven't seen it yet, but looking forward to it. I do have (& have watched) the Arise OVAs, but it's been awhile so I hope I can keep up with it.

Goku: Midnight Eye - Another 80's cyberpunk OVA series that's too cool for school. Not very high brow, but I love stuff like this.

Princess Mononoke - Pretty great & I get what they were going for, but it sits in a weird spot for me. I think I prefer my Ghibli fare to be more lighthearted & would rather watch something more explicit if I wanted a more "mature" anime film.

Spirited Away - Absolutely gorgeous & imaginative film. I probably last watched it on cable back in the days of SDTV, so it was great revisiting it.

Urusei Yatsura: TV Collection 3 - Almost worked my way through this. I wasn't quite sure what to think of this series going in, but it's really grown on me & feels quite comfort food like. AFAIK they haven't even announced when the last set is going up for PO yet, so I'll probably have to look into another long running series to get into in the meantime (will probably start getting the Ranma sets, as that's what I was planning on doing before getting into these in the first place).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

kkslider5552000

Scott Pilgrim is my favorite show I've seen this year...that isn't Oshi No Ko. Nothing was gonna beat Oshi no Ko, so that's not surprising but 6 episodes in Scott Pilgrim is wonderful.

I actually wasn't huge into the movie when it came out which is shocking to me since it seems like a movie made for me specifically in hindsight, though I understand why. But similarly, the Scott Pilgrim anime is also exactly my taste in anime in a lot of ways. I also just love that this is likely the only anime that will ever have the vast majority of these actors in it (...barring maybe a Ghibli dub). Also as weird as it makes the voice acting compared to other anime, I adore that they brought basically the whole cast back from the movie, that level of consistency is highly appreciated. It's just so cool in so many ways.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Greatluigi

A heads up that blue archive the animation is getting a release in April of this year.

Greatluigi

kkslider5552000

The only new anime I'm watching this season is Delicious in Dungeon, and I picked that one largely from hype from the manga fans + being a Trigger anime. Rest of my time is trying to catch up on last season's stuff and hopefully some stuff I've been delaying watching for far too long.

It's funny that two of them I plan to watch next are Panty + Stocking and Konosuba past the one season I saw once, since that doesn't reflect my usual anime tastes at all.

RR529

Here's everything I've gotten over the past 2 months.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

• Anime 3 Series Collection (Kurozuka, Ultraviolet Code 044, Viper's Creed)
  • Blue Submarine No. 6
  • Crying Freeman
  • Darkstalkers
  • Eiken
  • FLCL
  • Gurren Lagann
  • Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
  • Only Yesterday
  • Perfect Blue
  • Rail Wars
  • Ranma 1/2 set 1
  • Royal Space Force: the Wings of Honnêamise
  • Tenchi Muyo OVA Collection

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

kkslider5552000

Man I wish I had the money to justify buying Eiken on bluray, of all things.

This isn't even a shaming post, especially since one of my favorite youtube videos is a needlessly long one about Eiken, but I can barely justify buying any anime DVDs at all if I want to enjoy other hobbies as well, let alone for something as obscure and I guess semi-infamous as Eiken.

card-crunch78

Is there a list online that tells me which episodes of Naruto are just filler so I can skip them on Netflix?

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic