Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 13,081 to 13,100 of 13,193

kkslider5552000

I do think because of a bunch of botched adaptations that people have really over-corrected into thinking an exact one-to-one recreation is the only way to do said things. Which is not remotely true, just on the obvious basis that most manga are not perfect.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Misadventures of Tron Bonne Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy TRON BONNE < Link to LP

EllaTheKawaiiNeko

Tomorrow is Spy x Family Saturday. I'll walk to Wesco and get a big bag of popcorn, I say this episode is gonna be great.

There is no end though there is a start in space. — Infinite.
It has (its) own power, it ruins, and it goes though there is a start also in the star. — Finite.
Only the person who (has) wisdom can read the most foolish one from the history.

Dom_31

Started watching chainsaw man because they already started dubbing - and streaming - it over here and it's incredible how damn good this series looks in its first episodes already.

And I constantly see people saying it only seems to look better with each new episode, which is STUPID exciting to me as a huge fan of that series (and Fire Punch.. And Look Back... And Goodbye Eri... I may have to look into the one shot collections by Fujimoto)

Dom_31

RR529

Forgot to post, but I got these in last weekend.

Untitled

Lupin the 3rd: The First - As far as I'm aware this is the newest Lupin 3rd film, and the series' first attempt at a CG flick. It was actually really fun. You can definitely tell it's not as advanced as what Disney or the other big western animation studios produce (in terms of the tech), but it didn't feel particularly dated either. Good jumping on point too, as it's probably the cleanest Lupin film I've seen since Cagliostro (though not quite as tame as that one). Pretty much Lupin 3rd: Indiana Jones edition, and it was fun. BTW, I got the steel book edition since the cost was about the same as the standard release.

City Hunter 3 - Just finished this one up (at only 13 episodes long, it's much shorter than the first two series, which were over 50 & 60 episodes each respectively). It's pretty much more of the same, and although the animation quality may be a bit better than the earlier series' on average, I wasn't a huge fan of the aesthetic choices on offer. A minor issue, but it had a much more autumnal color palette I felt (a lot of oranges, creams, & browns) which I didn't care for after the very bright 80's neon pallettes of the earlier episodes. They even changed up a few characters' hair colors (Kaori went from reddish to brown & Saeko from bluish to black) which I never quite got used to.

City Hunter '91 - The last series in the franchise, so I'm almost done (like CH3, it only has 13 episodes). Only one episode in so far so not much to say yet (other than that it doesn't look to shake up the formula much, if at all), though at least they fixed Kaori's hair at least.

Bonus: Alternate City Hunter box art under the slip cases.

Untitled

Probably going to move on from the Lupin stuff for a bit since I've gotten so much of it, and this appears to be the end of the line for City Hunter as well (already got the 2019 film as well).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

I cant wait for puss in boots 2

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Noir a tomato/replicats, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H
Holy S##t guys Puss in boots 2 is great
https://youtu.be/bEoNNYyVNxc - Puss in boots 2 preview

EllaTheKawaiiNeko

@KAIRU I'll have to let my brother know there's a new episode. I'll try to get around to watching it sometime, too.

It has (its) own power, it ruins, and it goes though there is a start also in the star. — Finite.
Only the person who (has) wisdom can read the most foolish one from the history.

EllaTheKawaiiNeko

@KAIRU It probably will have 12 episodes. I'm 13, but my brother says it isn't as ecchi as the internet leads on, so I'll give it a watch sometime soon. Plus, Grisaia series is probably worse, anyways, and I've seen part 1 and the movie of the Grisaia series.

RR529

My newest pickups.

Untitled

My Neighbor Totoro - It's probably the most famous anime film I've never seen before. I'm sure it'll be worth the purchase due to it's pedigree.

Fatal Fury: the Motion Picture - The steel book edition. Watched it last week. Don't think it was quite as good as the two preceding OVAs, but still a decent enough time (and it gets points for going all out on the Mai fan service, lol).

Code Geass - I haven't watched this since it last aired on Adult Swim back in the day (& I don't remember that much of it, especially the later parts, since me & buddy would spend all weekend playing video games back when it aired). This has both series, & I've just started on the second this weekend. It's really good stuff, even if I don't think I like it quite as much as my absolute favorite childhood/teenhood anime.

Bonus: Fatal Fury steel book outside the slip case, front & back (it's a largely clear case, so the only major difference is the removal of the BD & NEO GEO logos, as well as the "100 Minutes" graphic).
Untitled
Untitled

Art under the Totoro slip case is exactly the same, so I didn't include it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Pizzamorg

I am currently away, so I upgraded my Crunchyroll sub to be able to watch stuff offline (it is only a quid more than the regular sub). I know a bunch of people hate Crunchyroll, but I have never really taken the time to look into why and personally I think Crunchyroll is one of the best streaming services around. As prices balloon for streaming services all over the place, Crunchyroll has remained one of the most reasonably priced. And especially with their acquisition of Funimation, you now have a vast catalogue of shows, a vast catalogue of manga, loads of simulcasts and a massive range of both subs and high quality dubs. It is deffo the streaming service I put the most time into it, probably the next closest is Disney+.

Anyway, I have been working through Engage Kiss. I was following this when it aired, but for one reason or another fell behind around the half way point and then sorta forgot about it completely, but all the shows that pulled me away from this have now either finished or I am up to date with them and waiting for their episodes weekly, so I was poking around my watchlist for stuff to download for the plane and was reminded of this show’s existence.

It kinda feels like this was conceived as a hentai, from the protags design, to the general set up of the story, to the somewhat mediocre animation, but it never ends up quite going in that direction. Well, not completely, the protag powers his demon partner with a kiss (hence the title, I guess) and the way that is animated is erm…

But no, that aside, we get a different kind of action instead, the literal kind. And for some reason, almost every action set piece the show just goes so damn hard. It is like every episode is coasting, and then they splurge all of their budget per episode on like 15 seconds of fighting, and I am fully here for that approach. Every time I think about potentially abandoning this show, they wow me with a set piece and secure my investment at least in the next episode.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381

PC games currently playing: Midnight Suns.
PS5 Games currently playing:
Switch Games currently playing: Fire Emblem Engage.

Snatcher

I thought this fits. Fortnite is getting and spoilers ahead, mha! now if you read what I said then yeah it’s real, I’m really hyped and I now what I. Dropping some cash on. How will it work I have no idea, but they made dbz and Naruto work.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I edited a pfp! I really like it, I did have some editing hiccups tho. I will use it next week.

EllaTheKawaiiNeko

@KAIRU Yeah, my brother said something unpredictable happened. I have to watch this anime now. But let me finish Arifureta first.

EllaTheKawaiiNeko

@KAIRU I see. Have you ever seen Arifureta? And before you yell at me saying "It's just an average isekai!" and "It's a rip-off Konosuba!" I wanna let you know that I already know that. But it's still a great show, plush, it has something Konosuba doesn't... BUNNY GIRLS! Bunny girls are the best alongside cat girls, and if you disagree, I'm sorry, but I can't trust you.

EllaTheKawaiiNeko

@KAIRU Lol. I thought you would have at least seen Arifureta. I'm sensing the feeling I've seen more anime than you. Name EVERY single anime you've watched, and we'll see who's seen more. I'll start. Steins;Gate, Made in Abyss, Tonikawa, Teasing Master Takagi-san, Tanaka-kun is Always Listless, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Nyanko Days, Lucky Star, Machikado Mazoku, Bofuri, Spy x Family, Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out, Konosuba, Isekai Quartet, Re:Zero, Komi Can't Communicate, BNA, Little Witch Academia, The Helpful Fox Senko-san, Love Chunibyo and Other Delusions, Blend S, Gabriel Dropout, School-Live, Demon Slayer, Sailor Moon Crystal, Your Name, A Silent Voice, Steins;Gate 0. That's all I can remember, but I've seen much more than that. Here's the ones I'm currently watching.
Arifureta, Elaina the Wandeirng Witch, Kill la Kill, Gurren Lagaan, New Game, Sweetness and Lightning, Romantic Killer, My Hero Academia, and SAO.

WaffleBoat

No waffleboat, the Simpsons is not an anime
(Idk why I posted this I just thought it would be funny)

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

EllaTheKawaiiNeko

@WaffleBoat The Simpsons is an anime if you think about it long enough. The Simpsons does air in Japan, and anime is just the Japanese word for cartoon. So the Simpsons IS an anime.

EllaTheKawaiiNeko

@WaffleBoat What's Mr. Sparkle?

Scooby-Doo

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko A cross between a lightbulb and a fish.

I used to be scared of the dark. Then I played Silent Hill, and I'm not scared of the dark anymore. I genuinely don't know what happened there.

WaffleBoat

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko
It’s a joke about Japanese Simpsons clones.
In one of the episodes homer finds a cleaning detergent called mr sparkle with his face on it. It’s a really weird episode but it somehow turns into a joke about anime I don’t remember how it does but I remember it happening.

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

EllaTheKawaiiNeko

@WaffleBoat I see.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic