Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 2,630

Scooby-Doo

I hate to be a bother again, but I feel like it used to be possible to set games scores in your games collection back to No Score. I no longer seem to be able to do that, which of course makes sense if it was never possible, but if it was possible, than it just no longer works. It could be a glitch or something, or it could have never been there in the first place, but I feel like it probably was there. My apologies for this long-winded and somewhat strangely-written post, I just was incredibly unsure about the whole thing.

Truly I am mankind's natural foe! Evil Incarnate! A walking cataclysm! A shapeless insanity! GUNDHAM TANAKA!
Kelpies. Be they hound or horse? I'd rather smell wet dog than be drowned by a horse.
Currently Playing on Switch: Chaos Head Noah, PARANORMASIGHT, Mega Man Series.

FishyS

@Scooby-Doo that definitely seems like a new bug. I've removed scores before.

@antdickens There is still a 'no score' option under the stars (in the games part of our profile) and pressing it now does literally nothing but we can still change from e.g. 1 to 10 stars.

If you go to the actual game page rather than just your profile, no score is not even an option, just star options.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

antdickens

@Scooby-Doo @FishyS that should now be fixed, thanks for making me aware — there were some small changes to this recently that caused that bug.

@EaglyPurahfan thanks, that's a really interesting idea. I had considered a "friends/following" concept so that you might filter comment sections by your "preferred" users in the first instance, perhaps you could tab between "Friends" and "Everyone". Realistically there are a lot of other things we would need to prioritise before we look at community features such as that, but I think there is something in the idea for sure - so that will certainly be considered in the future.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@antdickens In the recent redesign, when you go on a game's page and click on "News" it goes down the same page to where the 10 most recent articles for that game. I found the old setup more useful where clicking on "News" would open a new page which allowed you to go through all the articles for that game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

antdickens

@Grumblevolcano I've already responded on to this comment which I believe is asking the same question: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/feedback/ideas_for_the_si... TLDR; I will be adding back a button to view all on those areas, however we'll still have the sections within the game profile page with the "latest".

@antdickens

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@antdickens Hi Anthony! Noticed an issue.

Android, landscape mode, firefox.

Forum issue:
If you scroll down the page of a thread then scroll back up, the page bar at the bottom of the screen ends up in the middle of the screen and gets in the way. You can see the problem while in this thread. The issue only seems to occur in landscape mode. Things seem to work fine in portrait mode.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

antdickens

@WoomyNNYes strangely I can't replicate this on iPhone+Firefox+Landscape, so it might be related to the resolution of your phone — can you email me a screenshot? The usual address thankfully there aren't many people that use their phone on landscape.

@antdickens

Kisrah

Could the “share” links on articles also include a simple “copy link” option alongside the links to share to social media?

I often come to the site through the Facebook app, and lately its sharing options have been very buggy for me. The bottom navigation bar on external pages has been missing in the app, and I’ve needed to close and reopen pages to get it to display.

It’s really annoying when I want to share an article to Discord or another site not supported by the sharing options already provided. Having the option to just copy the article link right there on the page would make it a lot easier to share, and it’s an option that’s compatible everywhere. Just copy and paste the link where you want to post it.

Forever juggling half a dozen games across four different platforms. Sometimes I actually finish one.

Fizza

Just wanted to report a small potential bug I've found with the Games Collection page: I just added Sin and Punishment to my listed collection though it shows up twice on the page rather than just once.
Untitled
I'm unsure whether this is a bug or just a biproduct of S&P specifically being very funky with it's release dates but I wanted to mention it anyway just to be on the safe side.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Tyranexx

EaglyPurahfan wrote:

What if there was a way to suggest an article in the sense that we could report on a new game that’s been revealed in case the site wants to write an article on it. I

I believe this functionality is already covered by the site's contact form. I've used it a couple times.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

RupeeClock

@antdickens
Hey, I recall running into a BBCode bug whilst editing a post on a topic a few days ago.

Basically the post featured bullet points, and I wanted to add emphasis or amend a URL within one of the items in the bullet point list, so I edited the post.
The resulting edited post had errors in the bulletpoint list HTML, showing raw HTML instead of a bulletpointed list.

I haven't got exact steps for reproducing this issue but does this help any? It came to mind when I saw your topics about tips for formatting messages.

I also recall that certain inputs will automatically formatted (similar to using MarkDown), such as starting lines with a dash and a space produces a bulletpoint list, and surrounding a word or sentence with asterisks will apply bold/strong formatting tags.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Eel

The other day I had an issue where I tried to put a single YouTube video in spoiler tags, but once you clicked on the spoiler the video would be broken.

Edit: lemme try to replicate it here:

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

RupeeClock

@antdickens
I've got steps to reproduce.
The issue manifests whenever you go to edit a post where an item in a bulletpointed list has underline emphasis using "[u]" tags.
Other types of emphasis like B or I tags (which update to strong or em tags) do not cause this issue, nor do URL tags.
Formatting allows use of dash ("-") or asterisk ("*") at the start of the line to denote a bulletpoint item, but will retain as the latter.

I've produced a video recording that demonstrates the issue. Video will expire in 48 hours.
https://streamable.com/pvyh8c

RupeeClock

RupeeClock

@antdickens
Yup, that appears to be fixed now, thanks!
Can edit a post where a bulletpointed item has underlined text without issue now.

RupeeClock

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic