Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,481 to 1,500 of 2,591

Rambler

@Tasuki
After posting I remembered that I have my phone to dim, then change to b&w after set times at night

The only experience I've had with dark themes for apps, etc is through work. But I think that is more to do with high-contrast

Rambler

octokid

So is there a way to search for a specific article? Like if i wanted to find Kate Gray's review on Famicom Detective Club, i could search, "Famicom Detective Club Review" or something like that? If not, i think it would be a good add on.

amazing new mexico sunset. im hanging on a bridge with my friend-[GUNSHOTS] /ref
have a good day! stay hydrated! et cetera!
(any pronouns, she/they preferred, thank you!)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5873-1162-6324 | 3DS Friend Code: 3025-2448-4778 | My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo | Nintendo Network ID: MissMonkeyMoo

BabyYoda71

@octokid If you search the name of the article in the same place you search games, it will appear once you enter the search, hopefully you understand that. I’m not a very good explainer haha. If you’re searching for a review, you can also search the game, click on the game and the review will be available from there.

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Buizel

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but I think it would be nice to have a like/heart function for forum posts, similar to article comments. Many times I've wanted to express agreement with something someone has said, but don't really want to make a redundant post!

At least 2'8".

Eel

Hm stuff like that seems nice, but it can easily become a popularity contest. I'm not sure how it would turn out here.

Snatcher wrote:

@WoomyNNYes Hey, you remember that time Eel F*** the site that one time, kinda giving it a dark mode? (No hate on you Eel, one of my great memory's)

We don't talk about that 😅

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WoomyNNYes

Even though I've wanted to hit like on some forum posts, in long run, I think NL made the right move not having likes in the forum. I don't think they would encourage a healthier dynamic here.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Zuljaras

Well the like/dislike in the forums could be only for users that are loyal to the site for 3-4 or even 5 years. Not for accounts that are 1 month old

It will be a nice privilege for the old timers.

Eel

How about we sell a pack of 1 month with no ads and 30 forum likes for 10 bucks.

Save money by purchasing the yearly plan for $100.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

Ya er, I like the It like this, no like or dislike, people can just say what they going to say, and there going to get hate or not.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

WoomyNNYes

Snatcher wrote:

@WoomyNNYes Hey, you remember that time Eel F*** the site that one time, kinda giving it a dark mode? (No hate on you Eel, one of my great memory's)

Impossible. Angels can't do that. [ angel] @Eel [/angel ]
....that rings a bell, actually XD

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Tasuki

Yeah I hope the forum posts don't get the like/dislike feature like the article comments. Look how bad that turned out.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Buizel

Yeah on reflection I see the point that @Eel is making. I suppose I can get by simply nodding to myself in agreement...and if I have anything useful to add, I will do so

At least 2'8".

jedgamesguy

Slowdive wrote:

Trying to find a bit of nuance here. Must say that the forum overall is calmer I think. Most people who comment on articles don't even post on the forum. Maybe it can be given a try for a month or so, to see how things pan out.

I can already identify a good fifteen to twenty users who stay in comments. C'mon everyone, the forums are so much better than the comments.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@TheJGG @Slowdive You know what After that amiibo article, I do indeed see it, its much calmer here, and bc of the no like or dislike buttons you can just say whats on your mind, people will read it, they will like or not, And even fights on the here are calmer to, I can't believe i'm saying it but I i'm LOL, I do indeed need to come here more often, and even if there is a article topic, talking it about it here is better to!

The amiibo forum is much calmer then the article, people just talk to each other better idk what it is, but yall are right, I think i'm going to stick here a little bit more.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher Do it, it's the best thing to do if you like discussion and respect yourself. I'd just say carry over various topics from articles, to the Chit-Chat thread. That's what it's for ultimately.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

WoomyNNYes

I've gotten better at not bringing my ego into comments/forums. Too-much-ego & strangers-talking-in-text can lead to getting heated.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic