Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 2,611

Snatcher

@Eel Do you need to be a age or have writing skills to be a mod?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Tasuki Wait thumbs down does somthing?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

VoidofLight

One thing I kind of wish was easier is uploading photos to the site. I don’t really feel safe using an external source to upload pictures for things like technical issues when asked.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jedgamesguy

@VoidofLight True. Of course NL'll have to get dedicated data servers for that.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

VoidofLight

@TheJGG true.

Tasuki

@Snatcher Yeah if a post gets enough thumbs down clicks from the community it will disappear, not deleted mind you kind like and ignore list.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Mijzelffan

You know how on the main page you guys show the date the article was posted and the tags that belong to the article?

https://i.imgur.com/83ntumd.png

Is there any chance you could add the author of the article to that list?

Mijzelffan

WoomyNNYes

@Northwind You get notifications if people commment on an article, even if you aren't tagged?

I only get notifications if someone tags me, or posts on threads that I've clicked the watch topic button. When I look in my account settings, I dont see a setting for new comments on a news article. Perhaps I'm ignorant of other notification functions.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Northwind I understand now. I see how that's annoying. You can delete your comment on that article, in case they update that article again.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Dogorilla

I don't think 'Switch' and 'Switch eShop' should be different console categories in the game database. It makes sense for, say, Wii games because there's a clear distinction between WiiWare and physical releases, but almost all Switch games are released on the eShop and they often get physical releases at a later date or only in certain regions. For example, Hollow Knight and Journey to the Savage Planet are listed as Switch eShop games on here despite both having widespread physical releases. It would make more sense to just stick everything under the 'Switch' category and have a note on the game page about whether it has a physical release.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

RadNitro89

Can you add a night mode to the site for the late night browsers.

RadNitro89

Switch Friend Code: SW-1289-0741-1708

VoidofLight

@RadNitro89 I second this. There needs to be a dark mode theme honestly.

WoomyNNYes

@RadNitro89 NL discovered adding a dark mode to the site to be surprisingly overly complicated. To me, it sounded like retroactively adding dark mode presents issues. I believe it was Ant Dickens that mentioned this about a year ago, or more, in this thread. Granted it might be hard to go back and find it.

'Tendo liker

RadNitro89

@WoomyNNYes then they should add more website savvy people on board for the site if something like "retroactively adding a dark mode presents issues" so more hands on deck are required for a such task.

RadNitro89

Switch Friend Code: SW-1289-0741-1708

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes Hey, you remember that time Eel F*** the site that one time, kinda giving it a dark mode? (No hate on you Eel, one of my great memory's)

Edited on by Snatcher

Tasuki

I have never understood the appeal of a Dark Theme if something is to bright for you just turn the brightness down on your device. Problem solved.

My Backlog

Rambler

@Tasuki
Isn't it a UX feature for colour-blindness related things?
Having said that, I'm sure that there should be browser extensions that will do this.

Rambler

Tasuki

@Rambler From my understand it's suppose to dim the brightness at certain time mainly when you are in a dark room or at night, but again you can do that by adjusting the brightness on your device.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic