Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 2,611

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes But your so helpful how can anyone hate you?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

fighting_game_player

E_Gadds_Garage wrote:

Here is an idea / request I have for the site:
For the users game ratings, can decimal points be added, at least a .5 option? It would be nice to score a game 7.5 or 9.5…. Especially since the user ratings are averaged to a decimal.

Not like it’s a huge deal, we can round up or down, but it would be kind of nice. Thanks!

I second this. It's a phenomenal idea, even though I haven't gotten around to rating the games I've played yet.

"as I roll along I begin to find.. things aren't always just what they seem.."

Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

If we don't want people resurrecting old threads, should that be added to the General Behaviour rules? (Forgive me if it's in the rules and my eyes have missed it)

Or, is there a laundry list of things that could be added, and simpler/shorter rules are preferred?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Tyranexx

Fujimoto-San wrote:

E_Gadds_Garage wrote:

For the users game ratings, can decimal points be added, at least a .5 option? It would be nice to score a game 7.5 or 9.5…. Especially since the user ratings are averaged to a decimal.

Not like it’s a huge deal, we can round up or down, but it would be kind of nice. Thanks!

I second this. It's a phenomenal idea, even though I haven't gotten around to rating the games I've played yet.

Thirded. I don't always think a game deserves a X.5, but there have been a few. I typically round up when that's the case. Usually (though not always) the general site consensus tends to trend how I feel towards a game, though I feel like some of the "polls" run here inflate some scores a bit lol.

This would be nice, though it isn't site-breaking or anything.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

jedgamesguy

Tyranexx wrote:

Fujimoto-San wrote:

E_Gadds_Garage wrote:

Thirded. I don't always think a game deserves a X.5, but there have been a few. I typically round up when that's the case. Usually (though not always) the general site consensus tends to trend how I feel towards a game, though I feel like some of the "polls" run here inflate some scores a bit lol.

I fourth this. It’s a feature that I could simultaneously live without, but would be fun to implement. Most game scores for me are decimals, because there’s always something that’ll drag games down.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

TheJGG wrote:

Tyranexx wrote:

Fujimoto-San wrote:

E_Gadds_Garage wrote:

I fourth this. It’s a feature that I could simultaneously live without, but would be fun to implement. Most game scores for me are decimals, because there’s always something that’ll drag games down.

I Fifth this, it would be fun/great to just rate a game in this way, I mean games like MH are great, but there is just little things that hold back the score for me.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

antdickens

E_Gadds_Garage wrote:

Sorry to disappoint but we won't be adding this, we believe in reflecting our editorial review scoring policy (ie, 1-10) which doesn't include .5 and has been debated many times in the past. I can see there might be the odd situation where you feel it might be useful, but in our experience it just complicates the matter when scoring. I appreciate the suggestion thought!

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

jump

Tbh I think 0-10 is too much imo let alone putting a decimal in it to make it out of 100.

Modern gaming seems to score things as 10 great, 9 & 8 good, 7 average, 6-1 unplayable garbage. I’d much rather have a 5 stars system where the numbers aren’t as easily warped but that’s just me.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

antdickens

@jump yes, this. If we ever decided to change the user scoring system we would change it down to a 1-5 scale. However, as our reviews are still 1-10 we want to keep parity for users as we feel that's the fairest method.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Snatcher

antdickens wrote:

Zuljaras wrote:

antdickens wrote:

In other news... you will now get notifications when someone quotes you in forum posts (which was requested a while back).

Thank you for that!!!

You're welcome!

Is this what the Test thread was about bc its about time! thanks mate.

E_Gadds_Garage

antdickens wrote:

E_Gadds_Garage wrote:

Sorry to disappoint but we won't be adding this, we believe in reflecting our editorial review scoring policy (ie, 1-10) which doesn't include .5 and has been debated many times in the past. I can see there might be the odd situation where you feel it might be useful, but in our experience it just complicates the matter when scoring. I appreciate the suggestion thought!

Ah ok, that’s too bad. Thanks for the prompt reply and explanation!

I do like the 1-10 scale, although if it went 1-5, I guess you just double it. Or if you want 1-5 now just half it! It’s no big deal, thank you again for the response!

Tyranexx

antdickens wrote:

In other news... you will now get notifications when someone quotes you in forum posts (which was requested a while back).

I will take lemonade with my lemons, thanks. Eh, the scoring thing would be a nice to have thing, not a "This is mandatory" change. Even if it had been a yes, I would've expected more important changes to take precedence.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

WoomyNNYes

@Eddiezus regarding dark mode, a couple weeks ago antdickens said "it will happen, but I don't have a timescale at the moment 😀". You can see the response on page 76 of this thread..

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Snatcher

I had a really cool idea for this site but totally forgot it LOL.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic