Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,475

jump

It could been worst and they could start posting 4chan rumours and those horrible lists of 5 best and 5 worse articles.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TheFrenchiestFry

@jump If anything I'm surprised they HAVEN'T done that yet since they've been known to have put their faith in unsubstantiated Twitter posts and Best Buy listings

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

App

jump wrote:

It could been worst and they could start posting 4chan rumours and those horrible lists of 5 best and 5 worse articles.

yep. Always look at the positive.

App

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

THENAMESNORM

I know there have been some in the past, but a new feature on Micro SD cards for switch would be awesome. I already have 2 but once I've downloaded Pikmin 3 and 3D all stars, there will be barely any room left. Having a 200gb and 256gb card isn't enough for my needs, but im wary of purchasing a cheap knock off one that might not have the right specs but has greater capacity. For example amazon in the UK have this one listed for £30.98 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Memory-1024GB-MicroSDHC-Security-Sma...

While the price is dreamy - especially for a 1TB card - it sound TOO good to be true, and when that happens it usually is!

Anyway, with so many must have Mario games coming soon i thought it might be a good topic to revisit.

THENAMESNORM

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3470-2974 | Nintendo Network ID: THENAMESNORM

BabyYoshi12

@Apportal Been a while since you posted about quotes- but based on the fact that if I quote, for example, Reynoblade’s comment above, then THENAMESNORM would be notified, O think I have an understanding of what quotes are meant for.

I think they’re meant for if someone wants to add to a topic. So if somebody wants to add something to what I’m saying now, they would quote this and you would be notified but I wouldn’t. Not sure if that is what this is meant for (@antdickens) but I think maybe.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Grumblevolcano

Since PAX EGX joint event started, there has been a massive increase in video ads. Each ad slot showing a different Youtube video attached to the event, gets really annoying when like 10 video ads run at the same time.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Northwind

@Grumblevolcano, I thought it was just me, lol. Like, I have NL whitelisted in my adblock software because that seems only fair given how much I'm on here - but yeah, autoplay videos are the worst, and there have bene a lot of them lately. They slow my computer down enough that on more than one occasion I've accidentally clicked one (which surely didn't help the matter) because the screen was jumping around instead of smoothly scrolling. (FWIW, yes, my computer is rubbish - but it's what I can afford rn and it doesn't have this problem when not inundated with autoplay videos.)

Autocorrect keeps causing me to write things I didn't Nintendo.

My Nintendo: Northwind | Twitter:

App

@Northwind @Grumblevolcano yep happens to me too. And if I scroll too fast it'll get really laggy and behind. Super annoying on mobile. The computer's fine tho.

App

Northwind

@Apportal, weirdly, it's the other way around for me. Mobile is mostly fine, but PC is rubbish with the vids. (Again, though, my current PC is not the most powerful machine in the world; my phone isn't either, but it's at least better than the PC in that regard.)

Grumblevolcano

Problem solved, I guess the videos stopped appearing because the event is over (last day was September 20th)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Northwind

Weird. I'm still getting like 3-4 PAX branded vids on every article. Or at least I was as of a few hours ago. Will have to keep an eye out to see whether it's improved.

Heavyarms55

I don't use ad adblocker on this site because I want you to get your ad revenue. Is there a way I can filter political ads? I see more than enough of that literally everywhere else.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Zeldafan79

I got an idea for this site! How bout on slow news days we stop filling the void with articles about how some guy in his moms basement modded or hacked whatever system like he deserves a medal or something? Yet don't we dare discuss hacking or modding ourselves!

Oh and rumors shouldn't be news worthy at all. What is this Nintendorumors.com? I want facts not theorys or some guy in some place got some info from some source who may or may not be affiliated with some game developer who might have an inside scoop on some BS!

Zeldafan79

Daniel36

Heavyarms55 wrote:

I don't use ad adblocker on this site because I want you to get your ad revenue. Is there a way I can filter political ads? I see more than enough of that literally everywhere else.

This is one of the few sites where I disabled ad blocker as well. But that's also because the ads here aren't very intrusive.

I did chuckle though when I was reading a review for a low poly racer and it had like 5 times the ad for a hyper realistic racing game.

Daniel36

Dynamaniac

Hello! I've been using this site for Nintendo news for a while now and I've really been enjoying it. I do have one suggestion though: what if we could have a "filtered" news section where users can filter the articles they see by type? You already go through all the trouble of categorizing articles (News, Random, etc.) so why not give us the ability to filter them based on those categories? That way people could personalize their news feeds. For example, I might want to see mainly News and Review articles, while not seeing Rumor articles. I don't know how difficult this would be to implement, but I personally would really appreciate it! Regardless, thanks for reading my comment, and keep up the good work.

Dynamaniac

App

@Dynamaniac I love that suggestion! I hope Ant thinks about it.

App

App

This is 100% not important, but I kinda like to know if someone ignores me. That's just me, I bet a couple of people will get upset if they found out someone ignored them.

App

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic