Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 1,472

Octane

@Anti-Matter The Mortal Kombat article? There's nothing in that image that isn't safe for people to see.

Octane

Anti-Matter

@Octane
It still attacking for me.
I don't even want to see any images that related with any rated 18+ games.
It just only triggering my anger even i accidentally saw it.
I scrolled very quickly the article list from my smartphone to avoid seeing that very disturbing image.

The things i LOVE :
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Octane

@Anti-Matter Alright, calm down. It isn't attacking anyone. The image itself is safe. There's nothing in that image that suggest 18+ themes.

Octane

jump

I see worse images every day on billboards, bus posters, newspaper that have been left on the tube etc but not because they are horribly graphic or anything, it’s just the Scorpion image is very tame.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

App

When someone on the forums quote you, could we be notified? Lots of people (myself included) like to communicate that way but we don’t get notified.

App

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Zuljaras

@Apportal That is a very nice thing to add indeed!

Right now I have to hit reply and then use the quote or add the name manually which is not intuitive or convenient at all.

Zuljaras

App

@Zuljaras yeah, for sure. Sometimes I want to reply about something specific so I quote them, but like you said, I'd have to @ them too which doesn't help.

App

App

Could we also like/disike forum comments?

Edited on by App

App

Octane

Until people keep quoting you for no reason at all. A toggle in your profile should work that allows you to be notified when you are quoted. But I don't want any of it.

Octane

Anti-Matter

@antdickens
I understand. 😣
Sorry for requesting something that will never get approved.

The things i LOVE :
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

antdickens

@Anti-Matter there is no harm in asking, others might agree, but currently it's not a popularly requested feature therefore we need to put resources into other features for now.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Dogorilla

I think one or two other people have requested the ability to filter articles based on their tags or whatever. That way Anti-Matter can hide articles with mature games, people who want to avoid leaks prior to a Direct can hide Rumour articles, those people who feel the need to comment on every Fortnite article saying how much they hate Fortnite can hide those articles (though there aren't very many of those any more).
I realise there are a finite number of uses for this feature, but I'm sure some people would get some use out of it.

Dogorilla

dionysos283

I can't see or write stuff in the forum on the mobile version of the site. Is there a reason why? Do others have the same issue?

dionysos283

App

@dionysos283 I do mobile most of the time and I’ve had no problems.

App

Grumblevolcano

Will Gamescom Opening Night Live be streamed on Nintendo Life or just Push Square and Pure Xbox?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

Ok honestly this has been a long time coming but NL lowkey need to stop pumping out so many articles about games that aren't coming to Switch. They did it with Castlevania Requiem, they did it twice today with Fall Guys and that new Jet Force Gemini successor game, and I swear like a third of their Persona news portal is just comprised of articles talking about either rumors or the debunking of rumors about Persona 5 getting a Switch port

If it doesn't concern a Nintendo console of any kind, it shouldn't be on Nintendo Life. I'm especially tired of all the Persona rumor articles, or articles that start with "Even though a mainline Persona game has yet to be ported to Switch", but maybe it's because I own PlayStation and Nintendo platforms

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Zuljaras

@TheFrenchiestFry To be honest I do not like it too, but it is still content and people click on it and comment on it. This turns into revenue for the site.

As for Castlevania they probably connect it to the exclusive days when it was on the GBA and the DS.

Most of those articles are "Why is this NOT on the Switch!" type of thing rather than a real news.

Zuljaras

Grumblevolcano

@TheFrenchiestFry To be honest it's better than the Nintendo Youtuber approach of constantly going about 3D Mario collection rumours.

I do hope Nintendo Life does a 1 year of no general Directs article if there's no Direct by Friday.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tasuki

Yeah in this day and age it's all about the clicks. Sadly it's not about your content that determines how successful your site is but how many clicks and visits it gets. Rumor story always generate the most traffic cause overall people want know.

For example if an article says in it's heading Fall Guys is coming to Switch, not to many people will click on the article because it says right there in the heading. But if the heading says Rumor Fall Guys could come to Switch people are going to click on it to see why and how it could be coming to Switch . It's those kinda of articles that keep sites like this one alive.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic