We hope you enjoyed participating in our Halloween event:

"It Came From The Forums! A Nintendo Life Curse"

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

EngineerMario

I wish Nintendo Life could say what deals and sales are week by week.

EngineerMario

Eel

I assume they don't do that because the deals and discounts on Switch are so... Numerous.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

klingki

Yeah, every weekend I log onto the eShop and scroll through the sale list to see what's there. A light week for sales these days is like 400-500 games on sale at a time. During bigger sale times that number can approach 1000, and the holiday sales like Black Friday, Christmas, etc. are almost assuredly going to exceed even that. You can't really cover that kind of volume in a simple website article.

klingki

jump

Eel wrote:

I assume they don't do that because the deals and discounts on Switch are so... Numerous.

They use to have new sales on the weekly European Download news, it was one of the main things I looked out for. I think Ninty stopped putting that info together which is why Nintendolife stopped including it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Diddy64

Another sticky ad which had the name of James Allen in the top appeared in the Crazy Kong article. Just like the previous one I encounter, this one also appeared while using Samsung Internet.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Ferdinand_Von_Aegir

Untitled

A dark mode would be cool!
I just used an extension to take this Screenshot, but an official one would be great!
(And yes, I use Opera GX)

Edited on by Ferdinand_Von_Aegir

Fire Emblem Three Houses is my favorite game
Ashe is the best character in FE:3H
Waluigi For Smash
The game I want most on switch is a new WarioWare (Welp. we got that!)
My favorite movie is Toy Story 3

Switch Friend Code: SW-0370-6056-2926 | 3DS Friend Code: 3755-1656-4298 | My Nintendo: LatsaSpege

Zuljaras

I would love from you guys to improve the Like/dislike icons to show if you liked/disliked a comment even after you exit and come back to the comment section.

So many times I click and nothing indicated my last action on the post just because it was liked/disliked before that.

I do not know if that was suggested before

WoomyNNYes

@Zuljaras on android firefox, after signing out, the like count is there, but dislike counts are not shown, to foster positivity.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Octane

@antdickens Just wondering, since this seems to be more a feature than a bug at this point, how is it possible that whenever I post a new post, about half the time it already says ''edited 0 seconds ago''? It makes it look like I'm editing my comments left and right.

Octane

jump

@Octane Huh, the same thing happens to me. I thought I was pressing post twice or taking too long to write the reply

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

antdickens

@Octane @jump hah, I think this is actually caused by the fact the created timestamp and the modified timestamp aren't set at the exact same time, so by the time we're setting the 2nd property the clock has (sometimes) ticked over to the next second. I've added a bit of code that should (hopefully) prevent that from happening again.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Any review of Pretty Princess Party ?
The game has been released on 3 December 2020.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

Is this happening to anybody else? Sometimes when I log in, it reloads the login page. I have to wait like a few seconds before I can actually log in. It just happened to me...it's pretty annoying.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

MarioVillager92

@antdickens Okay cool, thanks! I'm using Firefox if that means anything. I have Chrome, as well.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

MPSSislit

Hey @antdickens, IIRC, I believe you said that you were going to revamp the UI for the comments sometime in the future (I think it was the next year or two).
That being said, if you end up doing that, could you please add an emoji menu bar (or emoji tray) like Discord (and other websites) have? It's kind of confusing as to why Nintendo Life doesn't have one.

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

antdickens

@SM3DASislit are you spying on me somehow? haha. I've actually been working on a new UI design for the site(s) over the past couple of days... so perfect timing for your comment. Yeah, we'll have a method for browsing/posting emoji, I'll get that mocked up soon and thanks for the reminder!

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic