Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,369

dew12333

Hi,

Just a request to see if you could include information on age ratings for games that you discuss / review.

I would like to get excited about certain games for my son but often don't know if they will be okay.

I do understand it may be a bore trying to find out in some cases and also with so many countries, so no problem if not as I can find out myself.

Cheers

dew12333

Dogorilla

I think there should be a tab at the top of the site where all the 'best [genre] games on Switch' and '50 best games on [console]' articles can be found all in one place. Those lists are good buyers' guides and most of them seem to get updated when new games come out (or when user ratings change, in the case of the '50 best' lists) so it would make sense for the articles to be easier to find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCyD3XoJgM

Eel

I thought of a super fun new feature.

A really big noticeable and easy to read banner that appears when new users try to make a new thread that says:

“DONT CREATE A THREAD TO SHARE YOUR POKÉMON GO FRIEND CODE”

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

antdickens

@Dogorilla you can get to this under the 'Games' tab and then 'Best Games', but we are looking to change the menu structure even further in the future to make it easier to find.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Matthew010

@StableInvadeel Oh lord. I was looking forward to March 23rd. Not anymore. And what about when Gen V release in PoGo? It's only going to get worse!

Matthew010

Eel

Oh you don’t need to wait that long, right now they added a new quest that requires the player to add three new friends.

That’s gonna inflate our numbers starting yesterday.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CurryPowderKeg79

Sell the black NintendoLife shirts! It would be a source of income and good advertisement. Or at least have a contest where we can win one.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9 (SWITCH)(285+HRS)
(JUST BEAT)
WHAT THE GOLF (SWITCH)(7+HRS)
CATHERINE: FULL BODY (SWITCH)(9+HRS)
THE OUTER WORLDS (SWITCH)(39+HRS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Bunkerneath

New idea, when you do a tease on a game coming to switch etc.
On the right hand side where the game's info is, make it so if you hover over the picture of the game (like in the games collection listing), you can add to the "Maybe/Want" list.

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Tasuki

I don't know if it's some anti spam thing or what but sometimes when I losta comment I get a message saying "can't think of something more to say?". Which is really annoying. I mean if I thought of more to say I would have said it.

I am all for anti spam measurements and such but this is kinda overkill as honestly if I want put down what I am thinking of or what I want to say then what's the point of commenting? It just makes it feel very uninviting to comment.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Mijzelffan

iI would like it if it were possible to filter out certain topics on the main site similarly to how you can already filter out users. I want to stay unspoiled for for instance pokemon, but since this site always puts new pokemon as the featured image on the main page I would have to stop reading nintendolife altogether for the next month. If was able to filter out the articles with the pokemon tag though I could still stay to read everything else.

Mijzelffan

Dogorilla

Mijzelffan wrote:

iI would like it if it were possible to filter out certain topics on the main site similarly to how you can already filter out users. I want to stay unspoiled for for instance pokemon, but since this site always puts new pokemon as the featured image on the main page I would have to stop reading nintendolife altogether for the next month. If was able to filter out the articles with the pokemon tag though I could still stay to read everything else.

I've been thinking this would be a good idea too. I hate seeing leaked games/info prior to Directs/E3, so if I could filter out 'Rumour' articles I could still use the site without having that stuff spoiled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCyD3XoJgM

Diddy64

Here's something that I am sure a lot of us would appreciate. A type of filter that automatically makes comments unseenable. Yes we have an ignore button and I appreciated, but if a new account appears, it is impossible to know if that user is friendly or toxic until we read its message, which would be unpleasant for the reader if it turns out to be the same troll under a different name.

Undergoing games:
Octopath Traveler (playing it)
Bug Fables (playing it)
Hyrule Warriors DE (playing it)
Zelda Phantom Hourglass (on hiatus)

PBandSmelly

I would like to be able to see your own dislikes. Maybe private message others. And put the replies to comments right underneath rather than having to look in a sea of comments for replies

Forum Signature ACTIVATE

Octane

@Diddy64 Just report them if you think a troll is using a duplicate account. Even though in practice this doesn't really happen a lot, it is possible. We'll try and sort it out.

Octane

Diddy64

@Octane I will try, although yesterday I reported someone that created an account to troll, but no one did nothing. It was between 7PM-9PM.

Undergoing games:
Octopath Traveler (playing it)
Bug Fables (playing it)
Hyrule Warriors DE (playing it)
Zelda Phantom Hourglass (on hiatus)

Octane

@Diddy64 I'm sorry, I cannot find the report, so I think another mod has handled it.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic