Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 2,597

Atomic77

How about separating Sword from shield and pikachu from eevee in The game listings because some people don’t have both games.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

Octane

@Tasuki I've redirected the latter two to the first one. They're closed now.

Octane

Tasuki

@Octane Thanks used the search button and all three popped up. I wasn't sure which one to use and didn't want to start a discussion only to have it locked and redirected to one of the other threads.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

BabyYoda71

I have a question for @Octane or @Eel. Once a thread is locked, is it possible to delete it? I find it annoying when I’m scrolling through threads and I can’t comment on half of them.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I know I can’t delete other’s locked threads, but I wish I could delete my own.

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Octane

@BabyYoshi12 No you can't. Locked threads will eventually sink to the depths of NLife, so no reason to worry about them.

Octane

BabyYoda71

@Ocatane Okay, thanks!

I have a few more questions related to email notifications:

Can you turn them off?
If not, can you at least make it email you 100% of the time? Half the time, I don’t get the emails.

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 I never use the e-mail notifications. I simply go to the home page here, and then the notification bubble at the top of the page will tell me if I have any notifications and how many. If I'm going to the site anyway, I don't have to start up/log into my mail account first...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX I prefer to use the notifications on the website too, but I don’t want NL emailing me 24 times a day. I want to keep my email notifications on for when other things email me.

I know your situation, so I’ll just say this now- I don’t have 2 email addresses. 😉

Edited on by BabyYoda71

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 Well, I honestly don't know, but perhaps you can switch off e-mail notifications, and still be notified via your profile here. I guess you could try that.

On a side note: and yes, I do have two e-mail addresses. Comes in handy for stuff like this, and for keeping a little bit of privacy. Then again: I'm also an independent contractor, so I need to keep business and pleasure separate anyways, so that's another reason for me to have one e-mail address with my actual name, and one with a user name related to my avatar for anything else.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

BabyYoda71

Okay, oil DS someone try mentioning me?

EDIT: I meant, could someone try mentioning me. Autocorrect!

Edited on by BabyYoda71

ThanosReXXX

@graysoncharles So, which ones did you switch off then, and does that affect whether or not you see notifications on your profile here?

@BabyYoshi12 Consider yourself mentioned, or as we say here: tagged...

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX @graysoncharles I tested it out, I get notified on website, but not emailed. (I’ll update if I end up getting an email.)

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 So, did you switch ALL of them off, or what?

Something to consider, though, because there actually IS a small upside to getting e-mails as well:
when people say something to you, and then delete it after posting, for whatever reason, and you missed it on site, then that reply will still be archived in your e-mails, so say if someone tried to sneakily insult you or whatever, but chickened out in the end, then you'll still have proof of that in your inbox.

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX I suppose... but no, I prefer no emails.

It’s up to you. I just checked off mentions you in a comment, but I’ve never been notified for anything else.

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 I've now checked off a couple more than just that one. Let's see what happens...

Heavyarms55

I just want to leave my 2 cents here: I'm not a fan of the whole background adds the site has used lately. It's kind of ugly having what ends up looking like random assortments of colors and text on the sides that you can't really see anyway and gives the site a messy look that reminds me of cluttered Myspace pages from 2006.

I don't really mind ads on this site. In fact, this is one of the few sites I deliberately disable adblock for because I know you guys need the cash. So I hope you could maybe keep them a little more neat and tidy.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

WoomyNNYes

Hey the NL reviews page sorts all reviews by most recent!!!!!!! When did that get implemented? I never used that page because reviews were never sorted chronologically. But now it is!!!!! Now I can easily look and see the most recent reviews. Thank you nintendolife staff @octane @antdickens Who can we thank?

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Grumblevolcano

Please remove the Blair Witch ads from your site. Nintendo Life is a place for people of all ages, there shouldn't be horror game ads right in your face.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BabyYoda71

@Grumblevolcano Yes, agreed. I zoomed in to get them out of sight.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic