Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 5,021 to 5,040 of 9,620

Slayer

@randomous renaming saves really works! I renamed my old Village "VILARCA" because I named my Village Arcadia because my favorite city name is Neo Arcadia from the Megaman Zero series.
Edit: How do I use the Sky Fruit? I just bought it for some reason and have no idea what to do with it.
Edit2:I also have a core drill.. I don't know how to use that either, and the shopkeeper won't buy it.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

randomous

@slayer The core drill doesn't have a use yet, but you'll never find another one (unless you cheat lol). It may increase luck later.

The sky fruit (as well as any other fruit) is meant to be planted in the ground. Just dig a hole, then use the sky fruit in front of the hole.

randomous

Slayer

randomous wrote:

@slayer The core drill doesn't have a use yet, but you'll never find another one (unless you cheat lol). It may increase luck later.

The sky fruit (as well as any other fruit) is meant to be planted in the ground. Just dig a hole, then use the sky fruit in front of the hole.

Cool. Btw most people have cheated or have tried cheating, I did everything legit without hacking any money, items, etc.

InsertPi

Bluerobin2 wrote:

I have an off-topic question though, Is there a "Visual C" sort of thing that is actually related to C? VB is not like BASIC very much at all. It was like a combination of lua and JSON. Arrrrggghhh!

When I learned VB, it was more like an easier version of Java. I'd assume that VC is nothing like the real C

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

InsertPi

slayer wrote:

randomous wrote:

Cool. Btw most people have cheated or have tried cheating, I did everything legit without hacking any money, items, etc.

I've hacked in over $100,000 to that game. I really wanted that gold statue before the shop reset.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

randomous

If so many people are cheating, it's obvious that something's wrong with the game lol. I'll work on balancing prices and stuff after the arcade is added. Who knows, maybe the arcade will balance things by itself.

randomous

Slayer

ramstrong wrote:

swordx wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

slayer wrote:

Anyone interested in making a group RPG? Like everyone team up and make our VERY OWN un-official Zelda game? Remember-un-official. Fan-made, nobody can complain that it would copy. Or something else, anything's fine. Lots of people are busy with their projects, but every time someone mentioned a group project nobody really did a group project.

What are you talking about? Coral Maze was a group project. A successful one at that. It won an entry in the competition!

Another group project is open. A sprite game. I invite you (for the umpteenth time) to modify my WITCH game! I even gave you suggestions on the kind of games you can do. So, put up or shut up. You want a group project? There you go. Or are you just trolling complains?

Perhaps he wanted to start something else. Perhaps YOU should be a bit more friendly. He's NOT trolling, he's merely stating his wishes. Kindness goes a long way, @Ramstrong!

1. No, he does not want to start something else. If you read the text, he's open to any group project
2. I'm as friendly as I can, while still trying to "shock" him out of his shell of complancency. Ignorance is not bliss. In fact, one tends to hurt people unintentionally while doing so. I can do it a lot meaner, by pointing out all his bad behavior, for one thing.
3. Not yet, but the signs are there. Making a bunch of statements without checking facts. Numerous postings, etc. I have experience with this. More than one person have the same cues. I'm trying to head off trouble because it's not going to a good conclusion.
4. I phrased it as a question, yet you take it as a statement. I don't know what's wrong with you, because the only way you could get upset is if the answer is "yes". But then, what? You don't like it? Stop doing it, and do better! That's all.

From Slayer's responses, I'd say the message got through. And that's what important. Being a good contributing member of society is always desirable. Try not to do things randomly. You only have so much time. Better to do it with a sense of purpose, instead of idle wishing.

We are here to have fun. There should be some time for adjustment, but I think Slayer has been with us long enough that he should be contributing, instead of keep asking for hand outs. There is time for being spoiled, there is time for growing up, there is time for contribute. Welcome to the veteran club, Slayer!

BlueRobin is right. Just do it. You're too busy to do anything now? Then don't warble and waste time posting. Why do you think I don't post often? I'm too busy! You'll see daily posting on my simpletongeek blogspot, and I haven't put that in my signature yet. I'll post it out when I have something worthwhile to say.

slayer wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

@Sypher When is the next Touch OS update coming out? Not trying to be pushy, I'm just wondering...

Why didn't you post this in the OS thread?

Nobody goes there anymore. Signal to noise ratio is too low.

And feel lucky that I take time from making sprites for my project to make a background for your game. That's a bit of a rare occasion.

If you feel contributing is a burden, then I suggest that you do not contribute. The reason I made WITCH in the first place is to help you guys. WITCH is an exercise for sprite manipulation, so if you're confused about it, you can read and analyze the source code. The rest, I purposely left bare. Even if you don't know how to work sprites, you can at least figure out how to make a game framework, from start screen, to music, to sound effects, to end screen. You can change the sound effects all around. In short, it's a great piece to hack and experiment with.

I'm doing it to help you guys get off the ground. If you're doing it for the sense of entitlement, then I'd rather you make your own game. Coral Maze is successful because everybody selflessly contributed.

I'm not entitling myself to anything. I'm only trying to offer a helping hand to a project. Or that's what I thought I was doing. See, I never looked into Witch. I didn't know what to do with it. I thought it was a normal game.
And for another thing, "bad behavior"? I'm only stating that I'm not trying to make anybody do anything, and noting to everyone I never saw anything of group project posts here until now, and seeing if anyone's busy. If you call that "bad behavior", I'm afraid to ask what you call good behavior.
Wasting time posting is not when I say that I might start a group project sometime around, and now leaking that project might be Ghost Scrolls. I post often because I merely began programming not too long ago, and when I'm not posting I'm carrying out my life or working on a project.
I came seeking help, when I feel I need to repay everyone and contribute, I look for projects needing help, but many already have people working on them so I don't bother to because those projects simply don't need me.
I'm not sure what "shocking" me is supposed to do. I'm explaining myself now, that's what matters. Not exactly charging in and telling people not to post certain things when I see certain people saying they need a team for a project. That is following other's suggestions, a simple mistake, and I'm not sure others should counter that.
We ARE here to have fun. I'm here to copy my future in the past. I see myself as a game developer as an adult, and I want that to happen. I want to succeed. I got Petit Computer for that reason, I simply want to learn early to perfect the skill in the future. And you may look at my profile and it says I'm 20, that's a lie and I won't give my real age.
And what @swordx said, that was defense. But what you phrased was more a counter than a question. You gave me your project and attempted to make me learn a mistake when it was at least my first time suggesting it, and the way you did that was in the form of offense. That looked a lot like real offense to a lot of us, @swordx was merely trying to counter your form of sharpness. Don't bang a guy up so hard about first-time experiences, and you won't get that very much.

Edited on by Slayer

Pixelrobin

Should I get Warioware DIY or is it like an insult to a true game programmer?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

InsertPi

randomous wrote:

If so many people are cheating, it's obvious that something's wrong with the game lol. I'll work on balancing prices and stuff after the arcade is added. Who knows, maybe the arcade will balance things by itself.

I feel that a way the game can be improved is to have the shop update a lot more often, and add more ways to make money. I know this will be hard to do, but you can do anything!

Edited on by InsertPi

ejamer

Bluerobin2 wrote:

Should I get Warioware DIY or is it like an insult to a true game programmer?

WarioWare DIY is a limited tool, so I guess it depends on your viewpoint.

Some people think that "true game programmers" only work with the latest and greatest, most powerful tech. They have to be technological pioneers. They care more about showing how cutting edge they are than creating something that people want to play.

Some people think that "true game programmers" care only about the game being created, and learning to work within tight restrictions to create something fun (or at least, funny) is as real as it gets. Most people who are working with Petit Computer probably fall into this category, because otherwise they'd want to do real DS homebrew to take full advantage of the hardware (or develop for a totally different system).

My opinion: WarioWare DIY is fun. It's simple and cute. The DS game is much better than the WiiWare game, but if you can easily/cheaply nab both then it's a pretty sweet combo. Just know up front that sharing features through Wii are limited since WiiConnect 24 was disabled. It doesn't offer anywhere near the flexibility that Petit Computer does; but it's a lot more approachable and easier to churn out small pieces of content for.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

Slayer

I should animate my sprites now... I'll get on that.
What exactly is the concept of WarioWare DIY?

Edited on by theblackdragon

randomous

@IAmAPerson Well, the Arcade will let you make money each day, so that's something. Are you growing special trees? That's really the best way to make money. I never intended for fishing or bug catching to be your main source of money... but you can still make a lot from it! I made 50,000 in one inventory just from fishing! But if you start up a large tree farm, you could be making quite a lot of money every two days. I guess I just wanted the main source of income to be from the stuff you do daily, and not the stuff you can do whenever.

As for the shop... yeah, it takes a while doesn't it? I find myself hacking in a "shop reset" button all the time (there's a function called "RESETSHOP" that you can call whenever with GOSUB @RESETSHOP, and it'll reset the shop's inventory). What if I made it so that you could pay the shop owner to restock his items?

Edit: Looks like I missed something while I was sipping my espresso. Oops...

Edited on by randomous

randomous

InsertPi

randomous wrote:

@IAmAPerson Well, the Arcade will let you make money each day, so that's something. Are you growing special trees? That's really the best way to make money. I never intended for fishing or bug catching to be your main source of money... but you can still make a lot from it! I made 50,000 in one inventory just from fishing! But if you start up a large tree farm, you could be making quite a lot of money every two days. I guess I just wanted the main source of income to be from the stuff you do daily, and not the stuff you can do whenever.

As for the shop... yeah, it takes a while doesn't it? I find myself hacking in a "shop reset" button all the time (there's a function called "RESETSHOP" that you can call whenever with GOSUB @RESETSHOP, and it'll reset the shop's inventory). What if I made it so that you could pay the shop owner to restock his items?

Edit: Looks like I missed something while I was sipping my espresso. Oops...

I don't think it should be too much to pay to reset the shop. $1000 a reasonable number?

Edited on by InsertPi

randomous

@IAmAPerson I was thinking more like 5000 to 10000. Otherwise you could pay about 20000 and get every single item (it only takes about 20 days on average to get every item; the same is true for ores).

randomous

InsertPi

randomous wrote:

@IAmAPerson I was thinking more like 5000 to 10000. Otherwise you could pay about 20000 and get every single item (it only takes about 20 days on average to get every item; the same is true for ores).

Hmmm... 5000 sounds reasonable

Slayer

Okay, back on with the DSi. I might code a bit of Apocalypse Rising. I have a bit of code to change on the menu, and @Hairmanban19 gave me some new backgrounds.

randomous

@IAmAPerson All right, I'll work on making that a reality. Thanks for the feedback!

Edit: Oh yeah, you should probably go in the credits now. Really, thank you for the feedback!

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic