Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 1,777

Rexcalibr

I'll be honest. Amiibos are more exciting when certain ones are very rare and hard to get. If they were all easily accessible and in stock, I doubt people would be as interested in them.

Rexcalibr

IceClimbers

@DreamyViridi: I was able to walk into a Gamestop and pick up a Pac-Man yesterday, so yeah I'd say it's improving (it was their last one though, but they were nearly wiped out of amiibo stock in general - they didn't have Mario at all from either series). I think it's mostly a matter of people getting pissed off about the initial stock for each amiibo selling out, making it seem like Nintendo isn't doing anything about it. The restocks have been plentiful though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Shinion

They're selling out because they're popular. Sure you could say that Nintendo should have enough stock to more than meet demand, but there's two problems if/when that happens 1) they could be left with an excess of figures that no one wants, which is obviously undesirable for them 2) people would lose interest if they became plentiful, sure there's no excuse for them to be rare, but why make 1 million ROBs if only 1/10th of that will ever be sold, and who wants to see dozens of them stacking store shelves that no one wants, this will also damage their relationships with retailers, who are loving amiibo I'm sure especially with the store exclusive ones. Nintendo are improving, not quite there yet put I am a lot more happy about amiibo than I was particularly on the 29th February when I couldn't find a single wave 3 amiibo in 3 differnet GAME shops, which was the day of release. Though I still haven't seen a Rosalina, one I've wanted for a long time.

Shinion

Grumblevolcano

Given the recent restocks for UK, I'd say the rarest amiibo has changed from Rosalina to Villager.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

After watching Ant Man with my grandfather today, we saw a Best Buy and went in to find Dark Pit. Big shock, he wasn't there. The store got 15 of him that went out in minutes...well, it's better than my local Gamestop only getting TWO Ness's, but there's still room for improvement.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

TylerTheCreator

@DiscoGentleman: I don't think it's ridiculous at all. I think it would be cool to own all three of the colors. If the amiibo will bring you joy and you can afford them, then buy them! Why not, right?

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

Okapi

Nintendo is getting a lot better at stocking amiibo where I live. When Dark Pit came out, all the Best Buys in my area had 45 of them available. I went to GS today to preorder the 3 pack, and they also had 40 preorders available. Good stuff.

Okapi

NintendoFan64

Okay. I got the 3-pack. Everything's good.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Smash_kirby

I got one of the packs as well, they had around 25 left at the location I went to.

Smash_kirby

Xyphon22

I'm guessing not, but is Jigglypuff rare at all? We went to this new bargain store that opened up in town recently, and they randomly had a shelf with like 10 Jigglypuff amiibo for $8 a piece. That was the only one they had, and I didn't care for that one so I didn't get any, I was just wondering how rare those are.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Joeynator3000

....lol, they're not even trying now.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Rexcalibr

Xyphon22 wrote:

I'm guessing not, but is Jigglypuff rare at all? We went to this new bargain store that opened up in town recently, and they randomly had a shelf with like 10 Jigglypuff amiibo for $8 a piece. That was the only one they had, and I didn't care for that one so I didn't get any, I was just wondering how rare those are.

I would say Jigglypuff is sort of in the middle. When the wave with Jigglypuff was first released, people were literally knocking down doors to get it but I have since seen both JigglyPuff and Pac Man restocked at Target. I would not consider it that rare any more.

Rexcalibr

MsJubilee

Just saw the game grumps unveiling the Shovel Knight Amiibo! Whoo!

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

skywake

Me: "I don't need anymore Amiibo"
Nintendo: "SHOVEL KNIGHT!"
Me: "..... just.... just take my wallet"

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic