Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 1,777

Xyphon22

I'm curious as to people's thought process on something. I got the Toad amiibo awhile ago and just got around to using it in Captain Toad. I have heard many people on here saying it is probably the worst use of amiibo (or one of the worst) and that it is lazy. I have to ask, what exactly are you wanting? It adds an entirely new game mode to the game! You can replay every single level in the game doing something new. This is by far the best use of amiibo that I have seen. Would you seriously rather have Toad dressed up like Mario or Link and just play the same stages you have already beaten and adding absolutely nothing new other than the clothes your character is wearing? If you want to be upset that you have to buy the amiibo in order to play that mode, fine (although it is a complete bonus to an already complete and full game, so that argument is senseless too, in my opinion), but I cannot possibly see how you can dislike this use of the amiibo.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Rexcalibr

Does anyone have any advice on coloring the sides of the Toad amiibo stand black and making it look natural without spending too much money? I have two of them but I keep one with the rest of my Smash Bros amiibo and the red border is an eyesore.

I guess one option would be buy an amiibo you can find anywhere (Mario, etc) , break it off the stand, break Toad off his stand and then glue it on the other stand....

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

Tsuchinoko

Just putting this out there. Nintendo of Japan just updated their amiibo site ith the Mewtwo info. The NA page lists only Smash, but the Japanese site shows him being also compatible with Mario Maker, Chibi-robo, and Wooly Yoshi.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Sisilly_G

Incidentally, all amiibo are capable of being read in Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash, however, only the Chibi-Robo amiibo has read/write support.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Tsuchinoko

@sillygostly: doesn't it make a trophy or something?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Gremstein

As I recall, Nintendo themselves said they didn't expect amiibos to sell nearly as well as they did, so it makes sense to me that the support at first will be kinda limited. It's my hope that since amiibos have sold so well now, they will do more stuff with them as time goes on. We just have to wait. Hopefully they will strike a nice balance between "more than just costumes" and "gating content behind amiibo walls."

Gremstein

Haywired

I wonder, if the amiibo stock issues are getting better (certainly the amiibo shelf-space in my local GAME is positively blooming compared to what it was) whether GAME will eventually put the prices back down to the £10.99 that they're supposed to be rather then the £14.99 that they jacked them all up to.

Haywired

llamareborn

Haywired wrote:

I wonder, if the amiibo stock issues are getting better (certainly the amiibo shelf-space in my local GAME is positively blooming compared to what it was) whether GAME will eventually put the prices back down to the £10.99 that they're supposed to be rather then the £14.99 that they jacked them all up to.

I bet they will reduce them to £10.99 on things like Black Friday and the Boxing Day sales but otherwise I doubt they will reduce the prices until at least February due to the increased sales around Christmas.

llamareborn

Smash_kirby

Target as a good note still has Doctor Mario and I was able to buy a 4 pack from Gamestop. I just need the Toy'R'us amiibo, and a dark pit. Besides all of that Nintendo has done a great job with this wave. My only problem is my poor wallet.

Edited on by Smash_kirby

Smash_kirby

DefHalan

Has anyone gotten some Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Rob_mc_1

My wife and I picked up 3 pack of cards.

♠♦♣

DefHalan

@Rob_mc_1: What did you get? If you don't mind me asking

HandheldGuru97

For those asking about the amiibo cards, my Gamestop had plenty. They seem like (so far) they won't be too hard to find. I got two packs, the cards are really well built and (thankfully) no doubles! I don't think know how many more packs I'll buy...maybe two more when Series 2 comes out, but other than that, a satisfied customer Nintendo!

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

Fiyaball

Went to my local game store today, they got restocks of Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, and the Classic Mario amiibo. I hope they keep this up! (I also saw my first preowned amiibo )

Fiyaball

Lalivero

Fiyaball wrote:

Went to my local game store today, they got restocks of Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, and the Classic Mario amiibo. I hope they keep this up! (I also saw my first preowned amiibo )

Except Ganondorf, I saw the same thing at my local GS. They had a couple of ZSS and Olimar, but one classic Mario.

...formerly - Chriiis

Switch FC: SW-6037-8910-2517

Switch Friend Code: SW-6037-8910-2517

DefHalan

US Amiibo Restocks are happening

Joeynator3000

...Should have asked this before...what should I name my Palutena amiibo? Couldn't really come up with anything clever like with my other amiibos, (mostly just references) and just went with "Palutena"....lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic