Forums

Topic: Wii U / 3DS eShop Exclusive Titles

Posts 121 to 140 of 269

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx great explanation. That really helps. I'll be grabbing all of these at some point within the next year. Just need to space out the purchases.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature No prob! Yep, I'm trying to space out my purchases too. I realize I went off on a tangent with Bowser's Inside Story (I'm assuming you were referring to the 3DS remake and not the original, which is on the normal DS) but wanted to express that I think it's a quality series so far. Though I've only played Superstar Saga and, more recently, Partners In Time. Some consider Bowser's Inside Story to be the pinnacle of the Mario & Luigi series. Depends on who you talk to though.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx sweet deal. I'll definitly be grabbing it down the road. We'll see how paper Jam fairs tomorrow when it arrives 🙂

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Let me know how that one goes! I've heard mixed things about Paper Jam, though it's been said that it's by no means a terrible game either.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx I will for sure. I'm sure it'll be fine, since this is coming from a guy who thoroughly enjoyed sticker star lol.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Sticker Star is one I've decided to skip unless I find it for peanuts somewhere...which is increasingly unlikely lol. Part of me wants to try it, but unfortunately time can be a precious resource.

NintendoByNature

Well that stinks, I specifically steered clear of the "world edition" version of Paper Jam but that's what showed up via 3rd party from amazon. Thankfully I can return and rebuy, just hope it doesn't happen again.

You shouldn't be using the world edition with a North American 3ds correct?

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

NintendoByNature wrote:

Well that stinks, I specifically steered clear of the "world edition" version of Paper Jam but that's what showed up via 3rd party from amazon. Thankfully I can return and rebuy, just hope it doesn't happen again.

You shouldn't be using the world edition with a North American 3ds correct?

World edition games (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, etc.) are legit and should work fine with a North American 3DS/2DS since I believe they're NTSC. I came across this oddity when ordering Kirby: Planet Robobot over a year ago and found my 3DS did read the game properly.

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx good to know. I did return it and ordered a replacement anyway. I should get the new one tomorrow. If it's world edition again, I'll give it a shot.

NintendoByNature

KingMike

@Tyranexx Got the Bowser's Inside Story remake when I could (still mad I was not as fortunate to get a physical English Yokai Watch 3) though I have yet to get up to playing it.
Still remember the original version commercial. Dumb kid "I don't what that it is, but I'm gonna eat it!"

KingMike

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature How goes the replacement?

@KingMike Same, actually, though I hope to work the remake in sometime over the next few months. Now I'm intrigued and want to look up the original commercial! XD

I can also definitely relate on missing out on the physical version of Yo-Kai Watch 3. I wish there'd been some type of communication beforehand that the print run was limited.

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx it was another world edition which I don't get. Went with a different supplier on Amazon this time. Nonetheless, i did try it and it's working. I guess I'll buy some other world versions since they're $10-15 cheaper than the US version.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Heh, I don't blame you for being apprehensive. I was taken aback too until I started digging around online. We weren't the first people confused, nor will we be the last. XD

I appreciate any general non-spoilery impressions when you get to the game.

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx for sure. As i get further in, I'll update you. So far, if feels like a good blend of both franchises, which is to be expected.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx so far, paper Jam feels like a nice blend between M&L and paper mario. A little more so M&L than PM though. It's been a good time so far and it does mix up the gameplay with little mini things to do which is nice. 6 or 7 hours in so far, and I'll keep ya updated.

On a side note: I did grab Ever Oasis with how much praise I've seen on this site. It'll be a while before I fire it up though.

NintendoByNature

Wargoose

Anyone know if the river city games have gone on sale recently. I'm defo going to pick one up, just wondering if there's any point waiting for a sale.

Wargoose

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Sweet, your impressions on Paper Jam match others I've viewed online; I consider it a M&L game, though it certainly appears to be a nice mix between the two Mario RPG spinoffs. Sounds like a fun time! I think I will pick it up as well before too long. I appreciate the impressions!

On Ever Oasis: That's a fun one. There are a couple of minor issues I have with the game, but the makings of a good series are present. I don't recall if the game sold very well, but I wouldn't complain if Grezzo made a follow-up of sorts.

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea for sure. So far it's worth checking out down the road. Especially considering it sounds like you're a fan of the series.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature So far, yes! I've only played Superstar Saga and Partners In Time to date, though I do also own Bowser's Inside Story and Dream Team. I may as well finish out the collection.

Ryu_Niiyama

Finally snagged all the box boy games. I think aside from a few VC games and one or two Nintendo published games I am pretty close to done with the US shop (but I need to double check my physical collection). I’ll raid the Japanese eshop later on in the year.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic