Forums

Topic: Wii U / 3DS eShop Exclusive Titles

Posts 141 to 160 of 269

NintendoByNature

Grabbed super mario galaxy 2 and luigis mansion on 3ds. Need to get all the games I want, and soon!! DQ 7 and 8 might be up next. Maybe xenoblade chronicles X or paper mario color splash

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature All excellent choices! I've played all but DQ VII. XCX requires some update patches to improve performance. You can live without some of them if you're not a graphics aficionado, though the high-speed data update is critical. Nintendo even created a support page about it that's (surprisingly) still up.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx I recall reading about that. Thankfully, I have a ton of storage available, so that shouldn't be an issue.

There's still so much yet to buy, and very little time left!

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Thankfully I have a lot of what I want at this point. I'm almost done with 3DS but still need about half a dozen Wii U VC titles. Still on the fence with a couple like Pandora's Tower (not sure about time limit) and Metroid Prime: Hunters (Supposedly better with multiplayer).

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx same. I probably have about 6-8 vc titles for each system. Then a couple exclusive titles for each system. Sounds like we have almost a year though since we can add funds from our switch and just buy on the wii u and 3ds.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Yep, that reminder/announcement brought about a minute of panic before I remembered I use eShop cards and can add them on Switch anyway lol. Thank goodness for linked accounts!

kkslider5552000

I spent 50 dollars for one last bit of 3DS eShopping (how have I never seen the word "eShopping" before?).

So far got all the Kirby games I didn't have (the 3DS download exclusive ones and the remaining two Gameboy ones (other than the Dreamland games since I have the actual cartridges for them, and Block Ball I downloaded ages ago)). I also got Wario Land 3, the last mainline Warioland I didn't own, and RE:Revelations because it was 2 bucks. To be honest, I expect Gameboy to end up on NSO soon, but I wanted to own every Kirby game I can and the last Wario Land I didn't have instead of being entirely chained to a subscription service for any old game I want.

Still have a little over 18 dollars. I think I might get Steamworld Dig 2, but not sure what else. Donkey Kong 94 maybe? I dunno.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

kkslider5552000

I literally just saw it cost slightly above my budget, so thanks.

...would they put it on sale after the next few days? If I want it on 3DS anyway, I know its on Switch.

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Ah, so you're one of those Black Friday shopper types.

@kkslider5552000 I highly recommend grabbing SteamWorld Dig 2. It's an excellent Metroidvania, though heavier on exploration/upgrades than combat. Image & Form likes dropping discounts on their games on occasion though (technically why I still haven't picked up SteamWorld Quest on Switch yet), so you're better off waiting to see if their 3DS offerings go on sale again.

kkslider5552000

Eel wrote:

Pst pst it’s on sale right now

Thank you.

Also the blocks required is literally 1337 lol.

Tyranexx

Recent pickups:

• Kirby: Nightmare In Dream Land (Wii U VC)
  • Stretchmo (3DS, free download with x-packs to buy)

I hope to give them both a spin before long, especially the latter since I need to know if I wanna buy the full suite of puzzles.

ralphdibny

@Tyranexx stretchmo is the one I actually played tons of recently (if you recall the Fullblox conversation earlier in the thread, that's it's UK title!)

You actually need to play through the opening world for it to give you the option to buy the packs which is why I ended up playing through most of it because I didn't want to forget how the game worked.

I think it is worth buying the bundle though instead of buying them piecemeal as it's cheaprr. Completing all 4 packs/worlds in the bundle unlocks a 5th world for a total of 6 worlds including the short starter/tutorial world. I haven't unlocked it yet, I am currently most of the way through the 4th DLC (the NES one). Haven't played in a while so I need to pick it back up soon really!

See ya!

Tyranexx

@ralphdibny I keep forgetting the titles in that series are different in NA vs. elsewhere. XD Localization is a funny thing sometimes.

Interesting, for some reason I thought the packs were available right after booting up the game (haven't fired it up yet). I found an old NL article that went into detail on the pack bundles, so if I like the game enough I'll likely buy the full bundle. It'll likely be a bit in any case, partially due to being in the middle of a puzzle-heavy retail title on 3DS right now (Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy). I've only played Pushmo/Pullblox so far, but I'm sure I'll enjoy Stretchmo/Fullblox as well if it's similar.

Eel

I absolutely forgot one of those was free to start.

Also, Natsume inc has a lot of games on sale right now, not limited to Harvest Moon, it also includes their other 3DS games, like Yummi’s Odd Oddyssey and a several River City games.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ralphdibny

@Tyranexx @Eel I think there are only about ten levels that are free to play in Stretchmo/Fullblox, maybe less.

I wish the UK got some decent 3DS sales sometimes! It's normally the same handful of games unfortunately.

See ya!

Tyranexx

@ralphdibny The US 3DS eShop occasionally has some decent sales, but with a few exceptions the Wii U storefront doesn't have a ton of life to it lol. Almost no Nintendo titles receive discounts these days unfortunately.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic