Forums

Topic: Wii U / 3DS eShop Exclusive Titles

Posts 101 to 120 of 269

Dogorilla

@Tyranexx That's a thorough rundown of the series, thank you! I remember when Fire Emblem Echoes came out I assumed that Echoes was going to be a title they'd use for various Fire Emblem remakes going forward, but there hasn't been any advance on that since. The series is a good candidate for remakes though, seeing as it's far more popular now than it used to be, several of the games are Japan-only and some of the others are hard to find now. Hopefully there'll be more to come in the future.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

ralphdibny

@Dogorilla I think that's the problem really (regarding FE games and DLC). It's such an expansive and therefore expensive series that it would be an investment to buy all the games not knowing how I'd even get on with one of them.

I did splash out on the Ratchet and Clank games on PS3 despite having never played any of them (I had a GameCube during the PS2 era). That was pretty pricey but I can actually see myself playing all of them within my lifetime.

I've got tons of PS3 games/series I haven't played/started yet. I've played some of my favourite games on there though, stuff like MGS HD Collection/ MGS4 and the Uncharted games.

@Tyranexx thanks for the epic and in-depth heads up on all those Fire Emblem games! I think I'll have to pass on it unless for some reason I acquire loads of money very quickly 😅

Seems like too big of a series to make a serious outlay on without trying it properly first. (I am just using that as an excuse to not spend money lol, I know I'd enjoy them if I had a lot of time to play them). I tend to like to play whole series too so the Japanese only titles would put me off a bit. I think I may try some random entries in the future. Maybe the GameCube and Wii ones, maybe the Switch one, maybe that time limited NES one that I bought on the Switch and haven't touched 😅

See ya!

Dogorilla

@ralphdibny Ratchet and Clank Trilogy is one the few PS3 games I've bought so far, after I found a decent price on a brand new copy of it last year. I haven't got very far in it yet but it's good fun from what I've played. Anyway, we're getting a bit off topic here

Funky Kong

Tyranexx

@Dogorilla Well, it was almost a thorough rundown. XD I neglected to mention the Fates entries since the source I found didn't list them, but I think(?) that's due to the games never divulging the name of Hoshido and Nohr's continent. The Fates games only have ties to each other...outside of a piece of DLC that I mentioned before.

I'd love for Intelligent Systems to work on more remakes, especially a true localization of Binding Blade and the Japan-only New Mystery of the Emblem which in itself was a remake of Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem on the Famicom. NMotE is a direct sequel to Shadow Dragon but unfortunately also never saw a Western release.

@ralphdibny General heads up: both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, the Tellius entries, are pretty expensive these days even secondhand...at least in North America. That's chiefly why I haven't played them. I can't speak for across the pond, though sometimes in my experience your games are cheaper; I've taken advantage of this a couple of times with regular DS titles, but the 3DS's region locking has prevented me from really going crazy lol.

Anyway, the Fire Emblem series is indeed expansive, but ignoring the convoluted Fates games and some others that are either directly or indirectly related, other games are standalone. At the very least, there is a demo for Awakening if you're interested in that one.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ralphdibny

I've taken the plunge on a £100 code from NL Codes...

So far I've bought Fallblox and Fullblox on 3DS (actually had to play a bit of Fullblox to be able to get to the purchase screen)

And also Pullblox World and Metroid Prime Hunters on Wii U

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Dogorilla

@Tyranexx Binding Blade would be great - the two GBA Fire Emblems that came out in English are my favourites that I've played so far. Although, while I certainly wouldn't complain if it got a full remake, I'd actually prefer just a simple localisation because the GBA FE games have such beautiful pixel art. Those battle animations!

@ralphdibny Nice, I have all the Pullblox games except Fullblox and they're brilliant. Although the series could theoretically come to the Switch one day as they don't need two screens at all, I'll probably buy Fullblox on 3DS to complete the set. (Though why Nintendo gave Fallblox and Fullblox such similar names in Europe is beyond me. If they had those names in America it wouldn't be quite as bad, but with an English accent I pronounce 'fall' and 'full' almost the same!)

Funky Kong

ralphdibny

@Dogorilla haha they should have made another game called "foolblox" to make it really confusing 😅. It's definitely confusing, I think these games are the only instance where I make an effort to actually say fall and full differently 😅

Fullblox seemed quite fun from what I played of it. Out of those kind of indie-style Nintendo games, the blox series appealed to me most even if I never actually got around to playing them as I quite like puzzle games

I am a bit on the fence about Tokyo Crash Mobs, The Denpa Men series, Pocket Football Club and Pocket Card Jockey as they seem less my speed.

Not sure if there are any other random Nintendo eshop only games knocking about

See ya!

Dogorilla

@ralphdibny I've downloaded the demo of The Denpa Men to see if I like it. I think I probably will, it sounds like my kind of wacky nonsense and it's the kind of thing that would only work on 3DS. I already have Pocket Card Jockey and I love it. Try the demo if you're not sure about it, it's a pretty generous length and lets you transfer your progress to the full game. Tokyo Crash Mobs had passed me by to be honest, I'll have to look into that one.

Another Nintendo-published 3DS eShop game that's currently missing from the list at the start of this thread is Splash or Crash (known as Kersploosh in some countries). It's a very simple game where you control an object falling down a well and have to avoid obstacles on the way down. I bought it when it was on a My Nintendo discount a while ago; it's fun but it doesn't take long at all to get through all the levels, and playing on a 2DS XL defeats some of the appeal as it's clearly designed as a showcase for the 3D effect. So I'd only recommend it to people who are happy to replay the levels to try and beat their high score, or people who really like 3D, but it's a notable exclusive that I'm fairly sure will never be released on anything else.

Funky Kong

Tyranexx

I played through Pushmo/Pullblox several months ago and quite enjoyed it; it was one of the last 3DS eShop discounts available from My Nintendo before they stopped offering Wii U and 3DS discounts. I never picked up the other 3DS eShop titles but might before the eShop closes. I'm not interested in the Wii U title at all.

@Dogorilla I quite enjoyed the two GBA entries we did get as well; both are very good, but out of the two I prefer Fire Emblem [The Blazing Blade]. Agreed on the pixel art; many GBA games have aged well IMO, these included!

@ralphdibny Many thanks for mentioning Metroid Prime Hunters; that's another title I need to pick up! It's one of the few Metroid games I have yet to play.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

ralphdibny

@Dogorilla cheers for the heads up on splash and crash, will have to take a look at that one and maybe add it to the list!

@Tyranexx one of my greatest regrets regarding My Nintendo was not picking up that 1000 platinum point edition of Wario Ware Touched for 3DS. I have it on DS so I thought I'd save my points for all the other DS games they must be releasing after that. I was a fool 😂. All my plat points ended up expiring after I claimed Twilight Princess picross

See ya!

Tyranexx

@ralphdibny I gave WarioWare: Touched a miss as well and still somewhat regret it lol. I used to have a copy of the DS game but gave it to my sister years ago. Not sure if she even still has it. XD

JaxonH

Don't miss Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii U. Even if Nintendo is going to remaster the first. The Trilogy is worth having, especially with motion controls (obviously Wiimote and Nunchuk wasn't ideal since Wiimote was missing an analog, so the pointer had to control the camera also- I prefer the BASIC aiming method since it gives you more room to free aim without turning the camera on accident).

For $20 you get 3 of the best games ever made, and they're legitimately fun with the wiimote, even if your hands do get tired sometimes (wouldn't be as much of an issue if there was a right analog to turn camera with).

And DKC Returns, either on 3DS or Wii U. That's also a masterpiece.

Monster Hunter Stories is also a good buy. Mobile version doesn't support controller input.

Metroid Samus Returns- that's a must have.

Shin Megami Tensei IV and SMTIV Apocalypse, great games you'll want to own.

Persona Q and Q2, maybe Etrian Odyssey games also (there's a lot).

Stella Glow. A seriously underrated SRPG from Atlus. And Ghost Recon Shadow Wars- also a great strategy game. And Code Name Steam. It's cheap and very unique.

And of course, Fire Emblem Awakening, Fates and Shadows of Valentia. All these games are worth having.

Fantasy Life. It'll never likely come to Switch.

Bravely Default and Bravely Second.

Zelda Link Between Worlds, Kid Icarus Uprising, Yoshi's Wooly World (3DS or Wii U, whichever you prefer), Luigi's Mansion 1 and 2, WarioWare Gold, Kirby Planet Robobot, and Ever Oasis.

Also, all the Mario vs DK games (they're so good), Rhythm Heaven MegaMix, Crashmo, Pushmo, Pushmo World, all the BoxBoy games, Fluidity Spin Cycle, Pocket Card Jockey, the Dillon Western games, Pokémon Battle Trozei (or Battle League? Maybe they changed the name), and the Zelda TP Picross.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tyranexx

Copying/pasting what I dumped in the Sales, Discounts, and Deals Thread:

Tyranexx wrote:

Sega is currently running its spring sale on both the Switch and 3DS eShops. The latter is of particular note as this includes many valued Atlus RPGs, including series like Etrian Odyssey, Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, as well as standalone titles like Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology and Stella Glow.

Source, though it isn't a comprehensive list: https://www.nintendo.com/store/sales-and-deals/#sega

Edit: I presume for now that this is North America only - possibly even just the US - but I do hope other territories receive something similar.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Ralizah

This is the time to grab any missing Atlus games, I guess. Amazing digital deals on these games.

Too bad Nintendo probably won't do anything similar with their own software.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NintendoByNature

Not really eshop exclusives, but I have some extra cash to spend. I'm trying to decide between the following.

• pokemon Y
  • bravely default or second
  • pokemon alpha sapphire
  • paper jam
  • DQ 7 or 8
  • ever oasis
  • luigis mansion
  • bowsers inside story

I'd only grab one at the moment, and I'm looking for some thoughts on the best of the bunch, or must have before the eshop closes. Thanks in advance.

NintendoByNature

dmcc0

@NintendoByNature Can't comment on the games specifically as I've only played the Pokémon ones - your list looks pretty similar to mine actually - but I've been prioritising picking up the stuff that's either exclusive to the eShop, or particularly expensive in physical. For example, the DQ and Bravely Default games are actually pretty easy to find online here in the UK - even new sealed copies for around the same or less than the eShop prices.

dmcc0

NintendoByNature

@dmcc0 interesting, almost all of these are going for over eshop prices. I think paper jam is priced decently on Amazon but the rest are up there in price. I think DQ are both upwards of $120 new.

NintendoByNature

Vivianeat

The indie section of the 3DS eShop usually has exclusives.

Edited on by Vivianeat

Gordon Ramsay has a Nintendo Switch.

NintendoByNature

Decided to grab paper jam new physically since it was so close to the cost of the eshop. Probably best to save all the digital purchases closer to the eshop closure since they more than likely won't go down in price, and I'd much rather buy physical where I can. Might even find some physical deals down the road too.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

NintendoByNature wrote:

• pokemon Y - Solid Pokemon game mechanically with an interesting region based off France, but plot-wise...woof. Really drags before the second gym and contains the second-worst villain team in the series IMO.
  • bravely default or second - Both are solid options, though not everyone likes BD's second half (This didn't bother me as much as some). BS is a direct sequel.
  • pokemon alpha sapphire - I've played Omega Ruby, but both are solid remakes of the Gen 3 games. They made a lot of QoL improvements and added some decent post game content.
  • paper jam - Haven't personally played this one and have been on the fence. Though I do own the rest of the series in some form.... 🤔
  • DQ 7 or 8 - I own both but have only played/beaten VIII. I've read VII is a long haul but does cut out some fluff from the PS1 release. VIII is my favorite DQ to date in everything but story. It's an EXCELLENT game with some nice QoL improvements, such as visible enemy encounters and extra characters.
  • ever oasis - A 3DS hidden gem. It's basically a desert-esque action/adventure title kinda like Zelda (Created by Grezzo, who worked on the 3D OoT/MM ports) with some town and resource management thrown in. There's a demo, which is what convinced me to grab it.
  • luigis mansion - The original? I enjoyed it, though I'm not sure if it's worth it if you've played the GCN entry. 3 is still the best IMO.
  • bowsers inside story - I own the 3DS remake but haven't played it yet. I have played Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions. The main story is superb, and the BM mode is fun in small doses but ultimately unnecessary.

Edited the above list with brief commentary. I'll expand on some points if asked.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic