Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 2,121 to 2,140 of 5,084

Klunk23

19Robb92 wrote:

Klunk23 wrote:

Where as "Duck Hunt" is something I'm very against. As a character I can't even see them working out well.

To be fair, most of the random characters in SSB are hard to see working out initially. WiiFit Trainer, R.O.B & even the Villager were characters I never thought would make it or work in a fighting game. I'm confident Sakurai could put a Goomba in the roster and make it in to a great fighter at this point.

Untitled

That's true. I guess it's partially his design here doesn't really look like a fighters design to me though. He looks like a small dog in the leak design.
I do like how he looks in that picture though.I think he'd be fine if he looked like that in smash.

Life needs to be as funtastic as you can make it

3DS Friend Code: 3480-3053-2523 | Nintendo Network ID: klunk23

DreamyViridi

Oh hey, I remember that picture. I forget who drew it but he also drew some nice art concepts for a Yoshi Island game with Wart and Birdo involved.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

SparkOfSpirit

DreamyViridi wrote:

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

I don't use them either, but I do think they deserve the representation. K. Rool or Dixie are just obvious inclusions I would be surprised if Sakurai didn't consider.

Well, there you go. They're obvious. A lot of the newcomers consist of surprises, not many truly expected the likes of Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer and some who believed certain newcomers like Rosalina, Robin, and Lucina had a chance were laughed at. Of course, what I say doesn't mean squat but y'know. Food for thought.

I guess expecting a new Donkey Kong stage for the 3DS would be "too obvious", too.

Sorry, Donkey Kong deserves more than its got so far.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Undead_terror

Morphbug wrote:

I had no idea DK had such a passionate fandom or that it was one of Nintendo's super selling series.

Give a ape a tie and anyone would go bananas for him!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

SparkOfSpirit

Morphbug wrote:

I had no idea DK had such a passionate fandom or that it was one of Nintendo's super selling series.

Donkey Kong Country Returns outsold all three Metroid Prime games.

It's not exactly small potatoes.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

MegaStoneSmash91

Very nice! Playing songs in sleep mode is a great idea, as well as being able loop and shuffle them. Getting to select the music for Smash Run is nice as well. As for voices, I'll probably be annoying my friends a lot with Fox's new lines (they sound awful).

And there's a music section on the offical site now. There's three song samples and a big list of composers for the game.

EDIT: @DestinyMan just posted those song clips. Still, it's nice to have a new feature on the site.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

UGXwolf

You know, people keep saying that, but I really don't feel like Fox sounds that bad. I don't get it at all. o.o

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MegaStoneSmash91

UGXwolf wrote:

You know, people keep saying that, but I really don't feel like Fox sounds that bad. I don't get it at all. o.o

It's mostly just his major lines like "Fire!" "Landmaster!" and what he says during his victory pose. They sound high pitched, annoying, and slightly feminine, I guess I would put it. For the most part his grunts and groans when attacking and being attacked are ok. His K.O.'d and Star K.O.'d screams sound like he's being tortured.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Rin-go

@DestinyMan
ACE are missing from the composer list. The ones, who also contributed to the Xenoblade soundtrack.
I counted 40, so two others should be missing.

Edit: One other is Taku Inoue of TEKKEN. And Katsuaki Hirai of Taiko no tatsujin.
This should be all now. ^^

Edited on by Rin-go

Rin-go

TeeJay

DestinyMan wrote:

And here I was afraid the 3DS version's soundtrack was going to be inferior to the Wii U's as far as content! It sounds like it will hold it's own pretty well. I'm very glad to see the stellar line-up of musicians like from Brawl.

As someone who loves listening to music on my 3DS or past handhelds with headphones, this just makes me happy. I shouldn't expect any less from a portable Smash!

I love games that let you hear their soundtracks in sleep mode too. Mario and Luigi Dream Team has that function, but sadly there are only one or two songs from that game worth listening to. Kid Icarus has a soundtrack player, but I was devastated to find that you couldn't listen to tracks with the 3DS closed! I was afraid Smash 3DS would suffer the same fate.

So about the music, Sakurai stated MOST stages will only have 2 tracks to choose from. What I take from that is that some stages will have as much as 3 tracks, which I think is neat.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Rin-go

@DestinyMan
Yes. ^^ I don't know how many composers contributed to Brawl, but that list seems like a lot. Some interesting names on there as well. Like Hamauzu. Wonder what he has arranged.

Rin-go

Inkling

Listening to the Trainer battle reminds me of the chat exploding into MEWTWO YES during the Smash Direct

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

2Sang

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Choose your songs and play with features on the bottom screen. You can listen to character voices, too. One of the new highlights for this feature is the "Play in Sleep Mode" option in the upper right. If you turn this on, you can listen to the tracks with your headphones even when your Nintendo 3DS is closed. The L and R Buttons will let you skip tracks. This means you can use it as a portable music player. Enjoy listening to the tracks you love by putting all songs in loop, shuffle, or selecting your favorite tracks!!"

That's fantastic. I don't know why the music player app can't do the same.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

The DK Rap is still in Smash (Kongo Jungle)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ZurrrrBlattTron

I'll be playing smash run about 65% of the time so I like that we can customize the music rather than just have one track over and over again

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Nintendo6400

I kinda want these songs to present in the wii u version too. Some of them probably won't though.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Klunk23

That's pretty cool that you can choose what songs you want to hear in Smash Run. And since the final map theme from FE Awakening (purpose) it's in it I'll definitely be turning that one on. My question is that if your playing with friends on smash run, will you be hearing separate music each, based off your music own choices, or will you each be hearing the same song picked from all you choices.

Life needs to be as funtastic as you can make it

3DS Friend Code: 3480-3053-2523 | Nintendo Network ID: klunk23

Grumblevolcano

DestinyMan wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

The DK Rap is still in Smash (Kongo Jungle)

Actually, going by the pink stars beside the tracks in that one screenshot, I think it's something else. I don't know what that "something else" from Donkey Kong is, though, but pink means that it's a new remix. Maybe it's a new remix of the DK Rap? That's going out on a limb somewhat, but that's all I can think of.

Gear Getaway is the rocket barrel music from Donkey Kong Country Returns. Remember it playing in the Smash Bros. Direct in the part about new items? That's what it is.

I was thinking the pink stars could act as a favourites system so maybe anything that has a pink star next to could appear in Smash Run. Battlefield is why I'm thinking it may not be remix related.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.