Forums

Topic: StreetPass Mii Plaza

Posts 221 to 240 of 269

LordTendoboy

@skywake That's a shame. I don't know anyone else near me with a 3DS, so this feature is useless. I loved the Check Mii Out channel, and I really hope Nintendo makes something like it for the 3DS.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

skywake

Walk around crowded areas with a 3DS, you'll be surprised at how many streetpass hits you'll get. I mean I live in the outer suburbs of Perth Western Australia which is literally the most isolated city in the world. We have a sprawling population of 1.7million and at the UNI I go to there are only ~30k students so it's not like streetpass is going to work extraordinarily well.

And yet I have 19 unique hits over the last 3 months from going to UNI and to the one of the major shopping centers that serve a fraction of the Eastern Suburbs population. Sure WA is doing well so we probably have more 3DSes per person than most areas but even then I'd assume that the vast majority of people live in places where they'll walk past more people.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Victoria

tendoboy1984 wrote:

@skywake That's a shame. I don't know anyone else near me with a 3DS, so this feature is useless. I loved the Check Mii Out channel, and I really hope Nintendo makes something like it for the 3DS.

Take it out whenever you go to big shopping areas like malls and things. I once got a hit in a cinema that only had 5 other people in it, so you'd be surprised where you might pass someone.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

Birdman

I look for places with a lot of people, where a group of nerds would gather, or Target. I always seem to get exactly 1 StreetPass every time I go to Target ...

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

lym81

Haven't got a 3DS yet but looking forward to trying this out. Will try it in Manchester and hope I get a few hits.

lym81

SuperLink

I get like, 4 or 5 Streetpass hits a day at school. I kind of expected more though.

BTW What's the highest level you can have for someone in Find Mii?

SuperLink

Birdman

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Birdman13 wrote:

I look for places with a lot of people, where a group of nerds would gather, or Target. I always seem to get exactly 1 StreetPass every time I go to Target ...

Your Streetpassing the demo unit,lol. Happens every time I go to Target too.

That's only happened once, to my knowledge. Either that, or the demo units can play Mii Maker and Nintendo 3DS Camera while simultaneously playing their demos.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Burning_Spear

I'm getting StreetPass hits in Nintendogs, but the Miis aren't showing up in my Mii Plaza. Does one game supersede the other?

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

Retro_on_theGo

Birdman13 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Birdman13 wrote:

Your Streetpassing the demo unit,lol. Happens every time I go to Target too.

That's only happened once, to my knowledge. Either that, or the demo units can play Mii Maker and Nintendo 3DS Camera while simultaneously playing their demos.

Well people can enter a command to go to the home menu and play those games. I did it once to a best buy demo unit and messed around with the camera and Face Raiders. Then I went back to the pilotwings demo so it's possible.

Tasuki

Well I have had my 3DS for a little over a week now and I have only have had one street pass. Odd thing is I got it when I was driving to school. I have been taking my 3DS to school with me on the days I go, I take it to the grocery store and my kids soccer games and practices but so far I have yet to get another street pass.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Scicri

I walk around my local mall for my find mii needs. =)

3ds Friend Code:2750-1265-7821
Currently Playing- A Boy & His Blob, Pikmin, NSMBWii
Pichu ftw!
...I have quite a boring sig!

Tasuki

Scicri wrote:

I walk around my local mall for my find mii needs. =)

I would do that but my mall is a ghost town.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

TeeJay

I just got the last puzzle piece last week! Now I've done everything there is to do with Streetpass. I hope Nintendo releases something new soon.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Scicri

TeeJay wrote:

I just got the last puzzle piece last week! Now I've done everything there is to do with Streetpass. I hope Nintendo releases something new soon.

Didn't they announce a update for mii plaza at tgs?

3ds Friend Code:2750-1265-7821
Currently Playing- A Boy & His Blob, Pikmin, NSMBWii
Pichu ftw!
...I have quite a boring sig!

TeeJay

Scicri wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

They did, but I'm not sure if they announced a date.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

EvilRegal

Got my very first StreetPass today! And it only took me almost 6 months of taking the 3DS with me most everywhere I go! Anyway, the monkey is off my back! First StreetPass and getting every Star Wars film on Blu-ray, all in one Wal-Mart trip. I is a happy Brony.

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Retro_on_theGo

TeeJay wrote:

Scicri wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

They did, but I'm not sure if they announced a date.

I think they said sometime in November.

skywake

WaltzElf wrote:

25 street passes in Japan in three days. Including two days where I maxed out on 10 each and probably would have got more if the limit was higher.

damn, and I was happy when I managed to fluke three hits in one day!

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.