Forums

Topic: Still Playing 3DS in 2022?

Posts 61 to 80 of 127

Not_Soos

@Anti-Matter Interesting, didn't know that. I know the original Nintendo 3DS had some pretty small speakers, but are you saying the ones on New 3DS XL are significantly better than the regular 3DS XL?

Edited on by Not_Soos

Not_Soos

Switch Friend Code: SW-0365-3043-2731 | 3DS Friend Code: 2836-0531-4472 | My Nintendo: Aaron | Nintendo Network ID: 3DGamr | Twitter:

SViper

I'm still playing, but extremely rare due amount of games I play in total, but I own Pokémon: White, Y, Alpha Sapphire, Moon, Ultra Moon, Super Mystery Dungeon, and even Hyrule Warriors while I'm still only completed main story of Ultra Moon, so I have still six games I need to fully finish and Ultra Moon post story as well. So from time to time I'm still trying to finish them with my odd playstyle, but as I said I have odd playstyle and it's extremely slow one.
BTW Not_Soos you know that you can do all tags under one post and multi-posting is necessary (not tagging you, because not wanna look as strict ah to you).

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

iLikeUrAttitude

@Not_Soos You're just better off buying Dragon Quest 8 now, it's not getting ported to the Switch anytime soon and there have no new hints anywhere.

I highly recommend the 3ds version if you don't have access to emulation or just prefer not to.
The biggest changes that the 3ds version did for DQ8 is that there are no more random encounters. There are also other neat ones like:
-A fast-forward mode can be set in battle, hastening battle animations
-The alchemy pot can produce multiples of the same item from the game's onset, and creations are now instant instead of requiring time to pass.
-A quick menu on the lower screen allows easy access to Baumren's Bell (to ride the Great Sabercat) as well as Zoom. As expected, there is also a minimap on the bottom screen.
-Additional stat tweaking and balancing

So yeah get the game while you can, one of the best games on the system and best JRPGs out there.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Maximumbeans

My 3DS still gets almost-daily use. The Switch is pretty neglected in comparison, it mostly gets use from my wife playing Fortnite or my daughter wanting to see Animal Crossing or Sonic Mania.
I finished the main story of Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology last night and I'm glad to be done with it. Not because it's not a good game, but because it's just taken me so long and I want to crack into something new! The library is so damn good for the 3DS that I'm not going to be done for years.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

gcunit

Ended up putting 7.5hrs into Samus Returns since Thursday. Cracking stuff.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Link41x

I still play mine daily. Played Mario Tennis Open online last night and ran into some pretty stiff competition!

PSN ID: Linkx41

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9590-3292 | Nintendo Network ID: Link41

JuveLeo

@Not_Soos They are good games. I enjoyed them both, but I feel they could have fell into the all time great portable Zelda games category if they ditched the touch controls. Spirit Tracks was extremely annoying whenever you had to use Link's flute which made you blow into the mic. I used my 3DS playing this game and the location of the mic was awkward to use since it's located bottom right of the handheld. I probably would have had a better experience playing on the DS since the Mic is placed in the middle. Aside from that, the game is solid. Using the flute will make you want to pull your hair out though lol.

And that was nice of you not taking the game from your classmate. He might have regretted it in the future like you said lol.

NNID - figo77ronaldo
3DS Friend code 5473-0852-7592
SW 8548-4896-1093

Ralizah

Kinda. Been playing The World Ends With You on it over the last month, since I bought the Switch sequel for beans.

Also pulled out the Vita to play a PSP game I've wanted to try for years.

Neither are much to write home about, unfortunately.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Maximumbeans

I've recently finished the main story of Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology and now I'm revisiting it every now and then to finish the Nemesia 'what if' stories. They're...okay. Not sure if they're worth the time but I'll keep going for now.

Other than that, been casually revisiting Pokemon Platinum. Not sure what to hop onto next...got a heck of a lot of backlog to choose from.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

blindsquirrel

Yeah consistently for Zelda and Mario and luigi games, then the occasional sticker star playthrough( bad game but I find it to be a good time).

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

iLikeUrAttitude

Still playing my 3DS daily.
I been playing a bunch of games on it. Over the last week or so I revisited MH3U for the first time in years, still playing through Devil Survivor, playing DQMJ3 via an english patch and there are still a multitude of games on the system I still want to play.

I'm going to need a bigger micro sd card lol.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Noconfidenceman

I play my 3DS sporadically but it’s still an amazing system, I’ve been scouring the UK for new old stock for an New 3ds XL model but no luck.

I’ve recently gone back and finished SMTIV I was going to jump into Apocalypse right after but it kept freezing in the opening cut scene so I’ve moved onto SMTV on the Switch

.I’ve recently been picked up a good few 3ds games like Devil Survivor 2 (atlus reprint) Kirby planet Robobot and some of the Pokémon games before they get crazy expensive.

Noconfidenceman

Link41x

Put a solid hour or two into Captain Toad last night.

PSN ID: Linkx41

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9590-3292 | Nintendo Network ID: Link41

NinChocolate

Beat one puzzle in Strechmo last night lol.

Now where’s ‘Switchmo’, Nintendo?

NinChocolate

Anti-Matter

177+ hours of Yokai Watch 3 Tempura.

48+ hours of Yokai Watch 1

Anti-Matter

SnackPop

Currently playing through Kirby Planet Robobot and Pushmo. Great games with a lot of charm and fun gameplay!

Retro gaming is too damn expensive.

HeavyMetalWario64DS

Yep, although it's mainly been an original DS title, Yu-G-Oh! World Championship Tournament 2008. Been playing some Mario 3D Land as well. Gotten up to Special 7 I think.

HeavyMetalWario64DS

Maximumbeans

Well, I suppose this latest news is either going to light a fire under the people who've been sleeping on their 3DSes, or lead some people to just drop it for their Switch.

iLikeUrAttitude

@Maximumbeans The news will definitely make the prices of some games skyrocket.
Prices were ridiculous during the early stages of corona, but now with the latest news scalpers will have a field day, even moreso when eshop purchases are shut down completely next year.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Maximumbeans

@iLikeUrAttitude Yeah you're totally right. Luckily I've got almost everything I care about for my physical collection but for others this could spell the end, except for the people with too much money and too little sense.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic