Forums

Topic: Still Playing 3DS in 2022?

Posts 81 to 100 of 127

Noconfidenceman

@HeavyMetalWario64DS I got that included for free with a copy of pokemon ranger in gamestop in ireland back in the day. I also got two copies of professor layton and the unwound future when I bought a copy there, I don't know what was happening in that store but they had some kind of secret buy one get one free offer haha.

Noconfidenceman

boyd88

Hi everyone, going to pick up a DS that allows the snes games to be downloaded before it disappears.

Is it just new 3ds XL that allows this or does new 2ds xl?

Where’s best place to pick one up?

Thanks

boyd88

Maximumbeans

@boyd88 Both models can download and play Virtual Console titles, you might still be able to buy 2DSXL models brand new in some places but overall I’d aim for eBay, and I’d be prepared to buy secondhand. New sealed units are pretty expensive now.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

boyd88

@Maximumbeans

£125 for new 2ds xl or £95 for a Wii u in my local cex, was going to pick up a Wii for my son so don’t know whether to get a Wii u.

I have had both these consoles previously would I still be able to redownload titles I previously bought or will I need to buy again

boyd88

Anti-Matter

Still playing my 3DS games until today.
Right now I'm playing Yokai Watch 3 Tempura.

Anti-Matter

Maximumbeans

@boyd88 Not bad at all, at least with CeX you know it’s been checked over and all that.

If you bought the titles under your Nintendo ID then you’ll be able to redownload them so long as you log the consoles into the same ID then get Nintendo’s help to transfer it over.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

Krull

Well, I’m still playing my 3DS - and since I got a hit on Street Pass today, I’m not the only one!

Bit of a crossroads on what to play next, though. Need to bash through my backlog a bit, maybe knock out some shorter games.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Maximumbeans

@Krull I could do with knocking off some shorter games too. I’m really bad for revisiting my favourites rather than try new stuff. I could actually get by with like 5% of my collection.

boyd88

@Maximumbeans do you know if my purchase history is available to see online on my Nintendo log in and how do I contact Nintendo about getting the games re downloaded / synced?

boyd88

SnackPop

Weird how some 3DS games have physical releases but aren't on the eShop, like Frogger 3D.

EDIT: If you're in North America and want to save money when buying physical 3DS games, look for the "World" versions of said games. They work just fine in North American region 3DS consoles and usually cost a lot less.

Edited on by SnackPop

Retro gaming is too damn expensive.

Maximumbeans

@SnackPop Such a damn shame that they dipped back into region locking for the 3DS. I know it can be worked around with CFW but it would have opened the market up so much for legitimate collectors and physical buyers.

NinChocolate

Just redownloaded Ketzals Corridors to my 3DS. I liked the game years ago upon release but my brain finds it hard. Always planned to give it a second stab and try to master it a bit more, so here we are

Anyone else get far with this one back in the day?

NinChocolate

Wargoose

The whole eshop closing down thing has had me playing my old systems more. On the 3DS, I'm looking to pick up the river city exclusives on the console.

Wargoose

TommyTendo

Made another new island on Tomodachi Life. I also purchased Nintendogs+cats. I played the original one on DS, but I never tried the 3DS game.

Maximumbeans

Now that I've modded my 3DS I think I've added another ten years onto a console I'm already hopelessly stuck on! I don't know why I did this to myself. Not only do I still have the same backlog but now I also have access to a thousand other games.

Anti-Matter

Last time I continued my progress of Yokai Watch 3 Tempura 3DS. Still a lot of things to do with my 3DS machines.

Anti-Matter

Sakura_Fox

Yes still playing. I love my 3DS

Sakura_Fox

Maximumbeans

Finished Ocarina of Time 3D last night. This wasn't just my first play of the game itself, but my first actual playthrough of Ocarina of Time.

I can see why the game is so loved. Even now it's fantastic and although there's some muddy design choices compared to modern game design, I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to Majora's Mask next.

RR529

I've seen several 3D movies in the cinema the past couple months, which encouraged me to dig out my trusty 'ol "Aqua Blue" launch 3DS. It had no power & I couldn't find a charger, but after ordering a new one (which arrived today) I'm glad to say it still works like a charm (well, the rubber on the circle pad crumbled away, but the button itself seems to still work fine).

Replayed through the first world of Kirby: Planet Robobot & messed around a bit in Senran Kagura Burst with 3D at full blast & it was glorious (I think I actually usually used to keep the 3D off mostly to save on battery, but from now on I'm going to keep blasting it).

Senran Kagura Burst is an odd one though. Menus & moment to moment gameplay aren't in 3D (it only activates the effect in the little hub area you can run around in, while activating a special attack, and during the opening/ending animation of a mission) which I was a little disappointed in at first, but once I got used to it, it really made the special attacks feel all the more special.

I'm going to mess around with it a bit more in the coming days & if it still holds up (I have no reason to believe it won't) I may start picking up a few games I missed out the first time around (I didn't have a job for the majority of the system's life, so there's quite a few). 3D capable games only, though.

With the eShop now shut down, are there any physical games broken without an update (that I'm assuming you can't get anymore) that I should be aware of?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic