Forums

Topic: Still Playing 3DS in 2022?

Posts 121 to 127 of 127

Ralizah

@Maxenmus PCSX2 is pretty old at this point, so there's not really a lot of issues with it for most games. A few really demanding games like Shadow of the Colossus and Gran Turismo may or may not give you issues, but I've had no problems running JRPGs.

Any potential issues with a game will generally be covered in its PXSC2 Wiki page. Here's the one for DDS.

https://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Shin_Megami_Tensei:_Digital_...

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Maxenmus

@Ralizah True. Thanks for the info. I guess that's an option if I don't find enough PS2 titles to warrant the console buy.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Noconfidenceman

@Maxenmus I’m about 9 hours in and I’m really enjoying it so far, it’s a little like Chrono trigger as there are multiple timelines and a lot of the game involves time travelling to one timeline to do X which will affect the outcome in another timeline.

The combat system is interesting and not something I’ve come across before, I got it during an Eshop sale for about 7-8 pound as deep silver would regularly have fire sales on Atlus games, I think you would need to mortgage your house to buy it physically in the UK though

If you have access to a PS3 Atlus released most of the SMT series on the PS3 I as PS2 classics and a lot of them never got ported to the PS4.

Edited on by Noconfidenceman

Noconfidenceman

Maxenmus

Noconfidenceman wrote:

I think you would need to mortgage your house to buy it physically in the UK though

Yep. Sounds about right. Every 3DS games I've tried to buy off Amazon are sold at about $100, cheapest. It's considered a vintage/retro console now, I guess, which might be why people are selling 3DS cartridges at such an exorbitant price.

Noconfidenceman wrote:

If you have access to a PS3 Atlus released most of the SMT series on the PS3 I as PS2 classics and a lot of them never got ported to the PS4.

Yeah, unfortunately, I only have the PS5. lol I might just have to bite the bullet and buy a PS3 if worse comes to worst.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Anti-Matter

@Maxenmus
Is there any game shop at Singapore still selling 3DS games?
I still lucky to get some 3DS games from my country Indonesia.

Anti-Matter

Maxenmus

@Anti-Matter Unfortunately not. Singapore is a country that feeds off capitalism, so most retailers only chase after the trendiest and latest consoles and products. Vintage games and game consoles, especially those from western countries or Japan, are rarely found here in Singapore.

For the record, I did find a handful of 3DS physical games in a local game store I usually go to, but they're tucked away in some hidden corner, with maybe five or six obscure 3DS titles I've never heard of. Just about five to six 3DS games in total in the entire store, that's it (to be fair, it's not a very big store), and their cover almost look like they're in poor condition, with lots of tape and dust.

Maxenmus

DaftAda

I’m playing Badge Arcade every day in a vain attempt to get all the Pokemon Pixel badges before it’s shut down for good. Some of the puzzles are impossible without paying cold hard cash to complete. I know it’s very unlikely, but I’d love a Switch version. Or at least for Ninty to change the 3DS game to use play coins after the eShop closes.

DaftAda

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic