Forums

Topic: Pokémon Sun & Moon - Discussion & Speculation

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 3,958

Tyranexx

Looks like there may be a live-action Pokemon movie in the works. Via Serebii:

"Variety and Hollywood Reporter are reporting that the movie studio, Legendary Pictures, has won the rights to make a live action Pokémon movie and will begin in 2017 with a movie based on Detective Pikachu, the Nintendo 3DS game that was released earlier this year in Japan. The movie will be distributed by Toho in Japan and Universal outside of Japan."

I'm not sure how I feel about this, honestly.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

DefHalan

Trinexx wrote:

Looks like there may be a live-action Pokemon movie in the works. Via Serebii:

"Variety and Hollywood Reporter are reporting that the movie studio, Legendary Pictures, has won the rights to make a live action Pokémon movie and will begin in 2017 with a movie based on Detective Pikachu, the Nintendo 3DS game that was released earlier this year in Japan. The movie will be distributed by Toho in Japan and Universal outside of Japan."

I'm not sure how I feel about this, honestly.

I am expecting the same level of quality you see in Live Action Anime movies... so basically, expecting it to be terrible

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Tyranexx

Part of me is interested in seeing the end result. Plus, it isn't like they're remaking an animated masterpiece like Mewtwo Strikes Back (which I'm pretty certain would be bad).

However, the other part of me has seen the end result of what happens when anime, cartoons, video game franchises, etc. get translated into live action; not all of them are bad, but many of them range from meh to just plain terrible. ...I was foolish enough to go into The Last Airbender and expect something decent.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Maxz

I wonder how closely it'll follow the plot of the game...

And kinda crucially, what language is it going to be filmed in? I'm assuming English (probably filmed in New York or similar), and that the Japanese release is going to be subtitled, but is there any official confirmation?

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

New news is coming August 1.

Hopefully they reveal more than Pokemon this time, the last few news reveals have been very Pokemon focused and we don't really know a whole lot about anything else.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

Well the only things they can really reveal without spoiling too much would be pokemon, megas, gym/league characters, any side features like "dexnav," "safari," "contest," and the villian group name. If they reveal too much it doesn't leave much for the player to discover themselves, but some things like megas and rivals should atleast be hinted at.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

Let's not forget the inevitable reveal of Synchro. That's gotta be coming at some point.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Well the only things they can really reveal without spoiling too much would be pokemon, megas, gym/league characters, any side features like "dexnav," "safari," "contest," and the villian group name. If they reveal too much it doesn't leave much for the player to discover themselves, but some things like megas and rivals should atleast be hinted at.

That is a lot of possible reveals though, they can easily stretch that over the next 4 months.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Haru17

I think the pokemon themselves are the only real spoiler in a Pokemon game. God knows we don't trudge through these things for the stories.

I just hope they ditch mega evolution (and ideally convert all back mega evolutions into normal evolutions). It still feels like a patchwork update to old pokemon in pursuit of a bullet point, rather than convenience. Just add new evolutions to old pokemon like Diamond and Pearl did. That's part of what made that game so fun.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

FriedSquid

I agree with @Haru17 that they should return to normal evolutions for old Pokemon as that's what I also liked about D/P. (Make evolutions great again?) However I'm pretty sure they are committed to sticking to 3-stage evolutions only with Megas as an extra temporary 4th. Doubt we're gonna see Megas converted to normal.

Which is still the biggest mystery that I hope they reveal or hint at soon — do Megas still exist or will they be replaced by some new gimmick? I personally cant tell if it will be the former or latter, and if the latter is true then if it will be Synchro or not. We need answers...

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Haru17

They have a new version of super training... it's called hyper training :/

KO-Cub

Who cares what it's called. It's about what it does.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Haru17

It changes IVs.

Pokefanmum82

they have a version of Pokemon Amie in the game. It was shown in one of the Japanese trailers that you could groom your Pokemon.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

KO-Cub

We know it changes IV's, it's why it's hype.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Eel

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

they have a version of Pokemon Amie in the game. It was shown in one of the Japanese trailers that you could groom your Pokemon.

And it uses battle backgrounds instead of the magical rainbow dream landscape of Amie. Which is good.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Bolt_Strike

I don't think they'll scrap Megas, it's too big a mechanic to scrap. It's possible they could retcon them into something else, but I doubt they'll flat out get rid of them. I would like to see a better balance of cross gen evolutions and Megas though.

I can't really think of much from 6th gen that they could get away with scrapping, it's been pretty lacking in terms of features anyway. Maybe PR videos, Contests, and Secret Bases and that's about it.

Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

Every Gen I expect them to change all Eevee evolutions to stones. It is weird that Eevee started out as the Stone Evolution Pokemon, but most of its evolutions have nothing to do with Stones.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.