Forums

Topic: Pokemon Shuffle

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 2,189

maceng

Already settling for 3rd tier (3MSUs plus 3 RMLs): I do (very) well on timed stages, but not with Normal teams which seem to be the er..., norm for this competition. Still,... great rewards!!

maceng

BulbasaurusRex

How the heck do I beat Stage 358 (Trapinch) without using a Jewel?! I've got Chandelure, Emboar, Maractus, and Joltik now all leveled up to L10, but it's still not enough.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

BulbasaurusRex

@Rikaria Thanks for the tip. I don't know how they expected many people to figure that one out on their own.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

maceng

Uf, finally finished with the EB. Took me a while because I wanted to skill level Mewtwo first to SL5, Po4. So I used all my coins doing that. Nice EB, finished with 24 MSUs and 11 RMLs (after spending 5 on M-Salemence and 2 on Pidgeot, just in case).

EDIT: Sorry, I meant SL4 for Mewtwo.

Edited on by maceng

maceng

Late

Nice. Tried to translate the site with Chrome's translator and got "great results". Found the part where Gen 7 was confirmed though. Wanted to see if there are any more details but apparently there are not.

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

maceng

Stopped at the EB around 6 hours ago. Just got to lvl175, did some stages to see if there was a skip, so now I'm at stage 182.

Decided that since I might need a jewel to finish the competition at stage 200, I prefer to finish both Tyranitar grinding (for the RMLs) and Ho-oh (at lvl3, Pyre). Started grinding Meowth again in order to play a bit of the competition which I'm gonna try on Saturday and on Sunday.

This has been the hardest EB ever, and probably one of the most expensive ones (along Diancie's and Zygarde's).

maceng

maceng

@Rikaria Well, it is the first one that you had to do full items runs in 3 bosses. Diancie and Cresselia were very hard because you have to use items even for several, non-boss levels so they were a bit more expensive. Still, the thing is that because of RNG this EB is hard. Just look at the starting board for lvl200: IT IS INSANE! Still, I get that yes both Diancie and Cresselia's first run were very, very hard, but still doable.

I had a stash of 85k coins which is down to 27k after playing this EB along with Tyrannitar' stage.

maceng

maceng

@Rikaria Yes, I've seen it also. But if you consider the Reddit crowd at lvl200, here it is the breakdown: For vlv200, out of 8, 5 used full items, 1 resorted to using a slow tablet to beat it, one finished with 0 sec left and the other one left used a jewel in order to finish it.

maceng

Late

Winking daily Pokémon are back. I can get the Winking Mudkip I missed last time. Then I'm back to having every event Pokémon. I just hope I won't forget to catch it again.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Sisilly_G

I've had a few nightmare experiences with Shuffle in the last couple of months.

I was up to Level 300 or 500 with one of the escalation battles (I forget which one it was, but it was brutal toward the end). I didn't have time to complete the final stage, so I prepared my team, bought all items, entered the stage and then put my 3DS into sleep mode to complete the final stage later (the battery indicated that it still had half remaining). When I got home later that day, the 3DS was off. Battery dead. I was short over 16000 coins and missed out on 3 RML… >.< That's not to mention all of the coins I had spent getting to that final stage for those stinking RMLs...

I've had a few other bad experiences as well. Bloody hell, this game is the bane of my existence. I've also made the foolish mistake of RMLing Pidgeot while I've been RMLing Salamence as well in preparation for his Mega Stone (which I'm yet to obtain). Salamence would be worthwhile considering his Mega Ability, and Pidgeot will be effectively obsolete when that happens. I don't think Pidgeot's attack power is worth increasing, really, seeing as I mainly prioritise RMLing Pokémon with good mega abilities. I've already made the stupid mistake of giving Pidgeot 5 RMLs so I might as well continue levelling him up (I think he's at Level 13 now).

I finally got around to candying Rayquaza and Shiny Mega Gyarados (I've given him a couple of RMLs as well), as well as RMLing Mewtwo, as I figured that its two Mega forms and high Attack Power made him worth the investment (I've used most of my Level Ups on him). I've also candied both Mewtwo stones, as well as Blaziken and Aerodactyl (who has also been Skill Swapped). I've RMLed Heracross but I haven't candied him, and have no immediate plans to do as I usually get Combee to compensate for Heracross and Scizor's slow activation rates.

I'm not sure who to candy next. I'm currently sitting on 28 candies, so I'd like to accumulate some more before investing in Tyranitar or Beedrill (who I guess will be the next two in line).

Oh, the burden that will be lifted from my shoulders once this game bites the dust… I've been enslaved by this monstrosity, but I've vowed never to support another microtransaction game again. Truly ridiculous.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

maceng

@sillygostly The same thing regarding Salemence and Pidgeot happened to me. So, now I take a really wait-and-see approach. The only problem is that Tuesday is the day when new content comes out and when you have the chance to exp boost some Pokes with Victini. The remedy? Rely on Survival Mode to boost the exp on the Pokes for the EB and Competition. I usually make 6-10 runs on the weekend, amass anything between 12k and 25k in exp boosters and wait.

Beedrill is very useful for Survival Mode farming and Tyranitar has proven to be really good for many Escalation Battles. I have both candied and now sitting on 32 MSUs, deciding whether to candy up Camerupt or Salemence (probably not). Have 14 Megas fully candied at the moment.

maceng

maceng

@Rikaria I thought the notice stated MSU not RMLs were to be given...

Hopefully, is RMLs (and makes more sense b/c of the latest update). I have my mind set in getting 3-4 (2 are a given).

maceng

Sisilly_G

Data-mining indicates that there will be RMLs given, not MSUs. MSU would be preferable as its benefit is immediate. RMLs aren't particularly beneficial unless you're prepared to grind your Pokémon (very few Level Ups are distributed, and Exp. Boosters are only useful for almost-maxed Pokémon, or low-levelled Pokémon; they're pretty much useless for mid-level Pokémon).

I feel like I'm making a colossal mistake of RMLing Angry Pikachu, but I've already given the little bugger 4 RMLs, and he's the only Pokémon whose skill I've maximised (I won't commit to skill grinding via special stages unless I'm completely up-to-date with all of the main/expert stages). I've also RMLed and skill swapped Togepi in the unlikely event that he might actually be useful.

I'll be holding onto my MSUs until we find out who the special legendary is next week.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

maceng

I fully maxed my Angry Pikachu for the last competition (non-RMLed). Have exactly 20 Pokes with 5 or more RMLs and 35 with 2 RMLs or more (my stash is very low at the moment). People are rushing to have a killing (chilling?) ice team, but besides Glalie and Articuno, most ice Pokes are underwhelming, IMHO.

I haven't used a jewel on Victini nor play the Ampharos level like in 4-5 months: since I managed to beat Survival Mode consistently. If I have 3 or more hearts around before going to bed, I start-up SM, play 8-10 stages and go to sleep. Continue next morning.Everytime I beat it means 1,000 coins plus 2.5k in exp boosters.

From Rikaria line-up of fully candied megas I'm missing Winking Audino (!!), Salamence and Sharpedo, but have Alakazam, Blaziken, Glalie, Sceptile and Charizard fully candied and have 25 MSUs wasted on several (including Ampharos 6/9 and Banette 6/12). Still have 34 MSUs waiting for Shiny Mega Ray (any day now...).

Edited on by maceng

maceng

Sisilly_G

Rikaria wrote:

Speaking of Angry Pikachu, I actually got mine to Level 20 (yes, lots of Jewels on Victini were used) and Skill Level 4 (3 Skill Booster M's used), and I got Tier 1 in the Mega Gyarados repeat competition with it.

Garrgh… I'm such a dummy for not doing that.

The thought of Meowth grinding didn't occur to me until the end of 2015, so I've squandered a LOT of coins early on, and missed out on potentially being one of the top Shuffle players.

So far I've RMLed…
Mewtwo (Lv. 20)
Golurk (Lv. 15)
Yvetal (Lv. 15)
Suicune (Lv. 15)
Raikou (Lv. 15)
Heracross (Lv. 15)
Salamence (Lv. 14; Fully RMLed)
Pidgeot (Lv. 14; Fully RMLed) [I really regret this one]
Gyarados [Shiny] (Lv. 13)
Donphan (Lv. 13)
Talonflame (Lv. 12; 3/5 RML)
Togepi (Lv. 12; Fully RMLed)
Pikachu [Angry] (Lv. 12; 4/10 RML)

I intend to fully RML Angry Pikachu, however, I would like to hang onto my RMLs until I have more to spare (I only have 11 RML and 35 MSU at the moment).

Fully candied:
Mewtwo (both)
Gyarados [Shiny]
Aerodactyl
Gengar
Blaziken
Rayquaza

I might candy Heracross at some point as I've already fully RMLed him. I'd love to candy Banette, but I can't see myself using him often enough to justify the high cost of investment (12 candies), but a RML boost might tip me over the edge with him. I'm currently saving my candies for Salamence (I'm currently at around stage 514), and the upcoming shiny Legendary (assuming that it's Shiny Rayquaza). I'll also consider maxing out Tyranitar, Beedrill and Camerupt (in that order). And I'll also RML Beedrill as well if I end up candying him.

maceng

[quote=Rikaria]

sillygostly wrote:

The thought of Meowth grinding didn't occur to me until the end of 2015, so I've squandered a LOT of coins early on, and missed out on potentially being one of the top Shuffle players..

I remember you posting that question. I think it was Klimbatiza (now lost) who answered that.

maceng

Sisilly_G

Very disappointed with Shiny Mega Rayquaza. I'm yet to encounter it, but its ability is so underwhelming.

Since I last posted, I've maxed out Angry Pikachu and levelled it up with some Exp Boosters and a few Level Ups (too lazy to wait week after week ploughing through Victini stages). I'm currently able to destroy Volcanion with just one move. Of course, it's still very early, but I hope Angry Pikachu proves to be as useful during the later stages of the escalation battle.

I've also max candied Salamence and surprisingly, Abomasnow (as it only needed 3 and I figured that it would be useful for the Safari). I've also given Abomasnow a RML, and I'll consider giving it another two as I press on with the escalation battle and Enamoured Pikachu.

Xyphon22

So, I can't even beat level 15 of the escalation battle itemless. I haven't been going past level 50 or 100 lately anyway, and fortunately I caught him at level 6 so I don't have to go any further, but man this one is pretty ridiculous.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Sorry, this topic has been locked.