Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 781 to 800 of 1,882

VanillaLake

@WaveBoy, why don't you check your American 3DS and check if you are able to set the country and language to Japan/Japanese, that would be a clue until an American/Canadian that has imported a Japanese 3DS says something about this matter.

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0258-0952 | Nintendo Network ID: NNID-Fer

dumedum

VanillaLake wrote:

But if you are American/Canadian and buy a Japanese system it should read both Japanese and American games because they belong to the same region NTSC. I'm not sure, I'm European but I think that's they way it is. What I know for sure is that Australian New 3DS read European games.

PAL and NTSC refer to (obsolete) TV broadcast standards and have no meaning applied to handheld devices. Japan and the US both used NTSC broadcasts, but are in different 3DS (and different DVD, but the same Blu-Ray) regions. France used neither PAL or NTSC but SECAM, but shares a 3DS (and DVD, and Blu-Ray) region with the rest of Europe. Australia used PAL and shares a 3DS (but not a DVD!) region with the rest of Europe. So no it won't work.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

VanillaLake

[quote=VanillaLake]

dumedum wrote:

Australia used PAL and shares a 3DS (but not a DVD!) region with the rest of Europe. So no it won't work.

According to this the Australian NN3DS reads PAL games: http://www.play-asia.com/new-nintendo-3ds-white-paOS-13-49-en...

About Japanese-American compatibility I am not sure, that's exactly what I said. I am just trying to help, and not saying anything I haven't checked before.

And, hey, I say PAL because Nintendo still says it, I have that word on all my Nintendo stuff. So go tell them not to be obsolete.

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

Spoony_Tech

WaveBoy wrote:

dumedum wrote:

VanillaLake wrote:

But if you are American/Canadian and buy a Japanese system it should read both Japanese and American games because they belong to the same region NTSC. I'm not sure, I'm European but I think that's they way it is. What I know for sure is that Australian New 3DS read European games.

PAL and NTSC refer to (obsolete) TV broadcast standards and have no meaning applied to handheld devices. Japan and the US both used NTSC broadcasts, but are in different 3DS (and different DVD, but the same Blu-Ray) regions. France used neither PAL or NTSC but SECAM, but shares a 3DS (and DVD, and Blu-Ray) region with the rest of Europe. Australia used PAL and shares a 3DS (but not a DVD!) region with the rest of Europe. So no it won't work.

Bummer. And is it also true that even IF somebody found a way to get past the region locking, by just entering the eShop an automatic firmware update(which would patch the hacking) would automatically download to your N3DS?

Don't forget that some games require the latest update to be able to be played. Even if you don't ever go online the shiny new game may also carry the update.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TeeJay

Nintendo? Ditch region lock? Ha! That's a good one!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

VanillaLake

Nintendo's decisions are so daft. We have to keep complaining...

LzWinky

It won't change anything

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TeeJay

TingLz wrote:

It won't change anything

Your defeatist attitude won't change anything either!

EDIT: Oh no! I sound like that one guy in that one thread!

Edited on by TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

VanillaLake

What won't change anything is not complaining. Some things change because of users' feedback although Nintendo doesn't listen to people very often and they live in another world. But hey if you really think that we can't do anything, at least don't say it.

Edited on by VanillaLake

VanillaLake

TeeJay wrote:

TingLz wrote:

It won't change anything

Your defeatist attitude won't change anything either!

EDIT: Oh no! I sound like that one guy in that one thread!

Yet you are totally right.

Spoony_Tech

CanisWolfred wrote:

Money is the only thing that will change anything. If you continuously buy some something from a company, yet still complain, this is all that happens: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=312

Lol, so true, so true!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TeeJay

Feverishly builds time machine to jump to launch date

DefHalan

TeeJay wrote:

Feverishly builds time machine to jump to launch date

I have a time machine you can use for $100. It speeds up time so for every hour you spend in it 60 minutes has passed outside.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

martinskrtel37

WaveBoy wrote:

such a wonderful comerical. it makes me want to burst into powder puff pixel tears. sniffles*

As for the N3DS XL >.....Pixelated screens, no face plates and dimmer brightness. good call Nintendo!
I think what I may do, Is just cave in....get the N3DS XL just to have on the side for when friends pop by as a 2nd player and use my aqua blue original 3DS as my main(with charger plugged in for the 6th brightness) IF Nintendo decides to release the standard N3DS, i'll just sell my N3DS XL and put whatever koopa coins I have snug tight in my pikmin pockets towards it.

The N3DS's screens can get as bright as the game boy micro's and have brighter screens than past models. Wonder how it's peak brightness compares to the original's 6th secret brightness. Still haven't gotten any replies by those YouTube unboxers because they're a bunch of lazy money sucking hogs that either have no interest in talking/replying to their viewers or because they think they're to good for such a thing.

sounds like you might have a problem with your eyes, dude.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Spoony_Tech

WaveBoy wrote:

Good news!
The N3DS XL is just as bright as the N3DS which has been already said to be as bright as the game boy micro and brighter than past models. This guy does a comparison between brightness levels on the N3DS & N3DS XL, and they're identical >

Starting at 9:29

@martinskrtel37

I'm just not a big fan on semi-dim gaming experiences. All the power to you if it's good enough for you, I just like my games to look bright. Not eye scortching bright which most LED's HDTV's are capable of, but a normal brightness that would lets say replicate a sunny beach in real life, you can't get that with the 5th brightness setting on past models. Koopa beach in Mario kart 7 for ex comes alive with the 6th brightness, on the 5th, it looks like Koopa beach has been stripped of life.

That's good news for us blind people lol! The brighter the better. I wish i could have my phone that bright, man it sucks the battery dry if i do.

Well after watching that video it looks like the XL has a slight advantage this go around. Sound being the same and I personally thpught the brightness looked a little better on the XL. I also noticed the picture clarity on monster hunter looked a bit better right away. We already know it has the better battery life and larger feel is more comfortable. I'm actually really happy with the XL more so over the previous model.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

VanillaLake

The New XL battery is the same as the XL battery (1750mAh). According to Nintendo, battery life is almost the same:

Nintendo 3DS XL: 3.5-6.5 h. (hours)
New Nintendo 3DS XL: 3.5-7 h.

Probably it's because of the automatic brightness that adapts to the environment light, so if you both want the brightest setting, I wouldn't be that sure that the battery life is going to last much longer than before (check the first numbers, they are the same, 3.5 h. = 3.5 h.).

On the smaller model there is some improvement:
Nintendo 3DS: 1300mAh, 3-5 h.
New Nintendo 3DS: 1400 mAh, 3.5-6 h.

The biggest difference, perhaps because I'm not blind like you (Spoony_Tech) and WaveBoy is this though:

New Nintendo 3DS XL: 95.59 pixels per inch
New Nintendo 3DS: 120.23 pixels per inch
[Original New Nintendo 3DS: 132.15 pixels per inch]

It's not the pixelated visuals what annoys me but the black dots among the pixels, which I clearly see on the Nintendo 3DS XL (same ratio than the New Nintendo 3DS XL).

Because of all this, I think the smaller model is better and it is very disappointing that Americans are not having the right to choose what model they prefer. Many might prefer the bigger screens, agreed, but they should be able to choose for themselves.

Edited on by VanillaLake

Grumblevolcano

I really don't understand the popularity of the secret 6th brightness. I always use brightness 3 with power saving mode on

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

tried out the New Nintendo 3DS XL at gamestop last night. Really liked it. the face tracking and nub work really well and the systems looks and feels very luxurious and high quality.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

TeeJay

@Waveboy You zeroed in on that darn brightness again in that video but you completely ignored those weird download speed results, which is easily the most interesting part.

In the first test where they both started at the same time, the NXL was FIVE TIMES faster than the regular model while in the secons teat where the regular model got a head start, it downloaded about three times faster.

Edited on by TeeJay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic