Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 2,781 to 2,800 of 5,926

JaxonH

Sanya wrote:

...I think I'm gonna give up on Meownster Hunters...hate it when half the time you have to rely on luck to win. :c

No! You need your Palicos to be strong! You know you can do it manually right? There's a color wheel, blue beats yellow, yellow beats red, and red beats blue. Always bring a green for healing and two of a certain color for stronger monsters. I don't ever use white.

I guess you could just grind Super Mushrooms and use Mario/Luigi outfits, but those get old quick and the Elder Dragon armor/weapons is better anyways. If you give up your palicos will not be able to stand the heat of battle!

I'm here to keep you from doing something you'll regret. Pause, take 3 steps back and consider the consequences of such an extreme action!

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

...Yeah Meownsters is essentially luck-based half the time. lol
Seriously, no matter what I do (I even have a cat with Skill Technician, nope, doesn't help)....I never get the color I need.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

Just choose the paths with the less color variation and use the cats that are good against them. Don't forget to add a healer.

I prefer to let the cats hunt by themselves who has time to see the adorable cats hunting the adorable monsters.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

Sanya wrote:

Seriously, no matter what I do (I even have a cat with Skill Technician, nope, doesn't help)....I never get the color I need.

What do you mean when you say you never get the color you need? You don't have several felynes of each color by now to assign for Meownster Hunting? As long as you pick the right colors for the monsters you're hunting, you should win most of the time (even on auto-fight). Maybe your cats aren't leveled up high enough? The ones I use are around level 13-16 and can take down pretty much any elder dragon from the high rank list. I use the bomb barrage for red, melee onslaught for blue and ranged onslaught for yellow. Sometimes I'll use the cats that have skills in 2 colors as well if both those colors are needed for the monsters they're hunting. So you pick 5 cats- I always do 3 cats with skill colors to match the weakness of the 3 monsters, with a 4th as a helper for the final monster (which sometimes has two colors) and one green. Never use white or the turquoise treasure hunters either. Just high damage fighters.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haru17

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

Yeah, so I'm thinking trying to take down Dalamadur by myself isn't gonna happen. -_-

My attack is almost 500, I have Pierce Up, ate for Sharpshooter, used up ALL my ammunition (Normal/Pierce/Pellet/ lv(s) 1/2/3, I just barely had to use any Normal lv1), didn't die, and STILL ran out of time. (sigh)

I would run it as blademaster, that way you can barely survive some bite attacks with armor sphere upgrades. LS and SA are good for Dala, among others.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Iggly

JaxonH wrote:

@Iggly
Hey, how did you link to backloggery in your sig? I have my username entered in my profile but it doesn't show in my sig. I even tried copying the dynamic link they give you on the backlogery website and it doesn't show up when you paste it in your sig line either.

What am I missing here?

You have to do it like this (url=http://backloggery.com/iggly)My backlog(/url) <- switch the ( ) brackets to [ ] brackets

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Yeah, the meownster hunters has never been to difficult. I know if I will win or not usually be the path I can select. I only have good yellow cats though so I tend to do paths with lost of red or red to words the end. A lot of time for the first monster I don't even need to use a color move.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

MorphMarron wrote:

Just choose the paths with the less color variation and use the cats that are good against them. Don't forget to add a healer.

I prefer to let the cats hunt by themselves who has time to see the adorable cats hunting the adorable monsters.

That doesn't work either, like...a Slagtoth would require red to take down or something, so I bring ONE red...that ends up being the only one I can use. >.>

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Kaze_Memaryu

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

Yeah, so I'm thinking trying to take down Dalamadur by myself isn't gonna happen. -_-

My attack is almost 500, I have Pierce Up, ate for Sharpshooter, used up ALL my ammunition (Normal/Pierce/Pellet/ lv(s) 1/2/3, I just barely had to use any Normal lv1), didn't die, and STILL ran out of time. (sigh)

When it comes to Elder Dragons of that size, don't bother with normal shots. Instead, take a powerful HBG with LV.2 and LV.3 Pierce Shot support and slot in Dragon S ammo with decorations. Then boost your attack to the highest possible, and pack your bag to the brim with materials to combine more LV.3 Pierce and Dragon S ammo (preferably Pierce, it's that much better), as well as a bunch of Farcasters to retreat for combining (too risky to do it right in front of Dala).
During the fight, always try to aim from an angle that allows your Pierce Shots to go through as much of Dala's body at once as possible, avoid getting greedy, and plant the Dragon S ammo in its face or the glowing belly (weak points).
As for good support skills, Attack Up is always a good thing. I'd recommend Survivor (or Felyne Moxie) just to have a small chance to survive a One-Hit Kill, as well as Quick Sheath for better escaping capabilities. And make your Palicoes Support-centric (not healing, but buffs), that's how they're gonna be the most useful until they get smacked away.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

FattyWhale_42

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

When it comes to Elder Dragons of that size, don't bother with normal shots. Instead, take a powerful HBG with LV.2 and LV.3 Pierce Shot support and slot in Dragon S ammo with decorations. Then boost your attack to the highest possible, and pack your bag to the brim with materials to combine more LV.3 Pierce and Dragon S ammo (preferably Pierce, it's that much better), as well as a bunch of Farcasters to retreat for combining (too risky to do it right in front of Dala).
During the fight, always try to aim from an angle that allows your Pierce Shots to go through as much of Dala's body at once as possible, avoid getting greedy, and plant the Dragon S ammo in its face or the glowing belly (weak points).
As for good support skills, Attack Up is always a good thing. I'd recommend Survivor (or Felyne Moxie) just to have a small chance to survive a One-Hit Kill, as well as Quick Sheath for better escaping capabilities. And make your Palicoes Support-centric (not healing, but buffs), that's how they're gonna be the most useful until they get smacked away.

The HBG I use doesn't have the ability to use Dragon S. And I thought about combining higher-grade ammo, but I wasn't sure if the time to damage trade-off was worth it or not.

Like I said, I didn't get killed once, but I still ran out of time before I could do enough damage (although I know I was close).

The Palicoe I always take with me is a Lv. 30 Bomber, with around 350 attack, so I don't know what would be that much better. :/

@Haru17

I've thought about that, but all I've used is the HBG. So taking into account the learning-curve involved, I'm not sure how much better that would be for me right now.

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

nacho_chicken

Sanya wrote:

1xLv30 Felyne with an Onslaught skill
3xLv30 Felyne with Unreal Blocking
1xLv30 Felyne with Skill Technician
This is what 90% of your fights will look like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUjJbza58Mo

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Kaze_Memaryu

@FarryWhale_42 Dragon S isn't a must, but it's easy to u lock with Sragon S+ Decorations. But I can assure you: a Palico which keeps boosting your offense will pay off much better in the long term than a Bomber, since Bombers are going down too often to really rack up some damage, while Supporters stay behind more often and avoid getting hit.
I can't guarantee that it'll work that way, but the most important things you need is as much attack power as possible, Pierce Shots, and even more Pierce Shots. The bigger the monster, the better the Pierce!

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Joeynator3000

nacho_chicken wrote:

Sanya wrote:

1xLv30 Felyne with an Onslaught skill
3xLv30 Felyne with Unreal Blocking
1xLv30 Felyne with Skill Technician
This is what 90% of your fights will look like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUjJbza58Mo

I think the game just hates me, like I said I've tried everything and it just works against me. :/

Keep it PG-13-ish.

FattyWhale_42

@Kaze_Memaryu

Hmm, that's odd, I looked and there doesn't seem to be any Dragon S+ Jewels, OR Skills (maybe in a previous game?). :/

Well, all my other "cats" are less than half the Lv. of my Bomber Palicoe. But I can use my Attack Palicoes for their support skill.

There doesn't seem to be any HBG's that are anywhere close to as powerful as my Monodevilcaster+ that I can access at the moment — the only one that comes close is my Furious Gravecannon, and while it does have Dragon S and Ice capabilities, the Ice only fires one round at a time. It's Attack however is 37 points lower than my Monodevilcaster+. So since I have to unload hundreds of rounds of ammunition into that thing, does the Dragon S make enough of a difference to make the switch?

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Iggly

I just finished trying the Triple Tigrex arena quest a few minutes ago, it's doable solo though it's really tough. The only weapon sets that supply you with Wystones are the Hammer and Hunting Horn, it wouldn't be a problem if they didn't have the taunt skill. While that skill would be good if you have a partner, it's not really good when you're solo'ing as you start the fight with a regular Tigrex and a frenzied Tigrex. So half of the time you have 2 Tigrex stuffing their faces on the screen, thankfully the quest is guaranteed to give out Legend Coins. Though I'd definitely need help with this one since this quest is way more tough to solo than the Apex Deviljho.

Astraea

I could help you out if you want. I'm trying to get the Maiden armor. Just give me a time.

Astraea

Iggly

@Neptune Sure, would you be free in 10 minutes?

Iggly

@Neptune Oh sorry, I was gathering some ore. I'll be there in a few minutes.

Edited on by Iggly

Astraea

Alright. I made a new room. ID:10-9479-5835-8602 Pass: 7777

Astraea

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.