Forums

Topic: Mario kart 7 Discussion

Posts 2,881 to 2,900 of 3,385

SamuraiShyGuy

I was just wondering, do you guys have any Lucky Seven strategies? When I see people online get it, nine times out of ten they fire off all seven items as quickly as possible, which seems like a waste. I prefer to use the star first followed immediately by the blooper. The star protects me in case someone hits my bomb and it blows up. Then I usually try to get rid of the bomb, usually by dropping it behind me unless I have a good shot lined up down range. If the level has a good shorcut, I will save the mushroom/star for it. I'm usually left with a measly banana and green shell circling me which I sometimes leave circling me for a while so anyone who gets too close will get hit.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

Vincent294

Remember me from MK7, Wii, and/or DS?

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Chrono_Cross

kobe1724 wrote:

@Viewtiful_Joe It's not that I can't adjust, I could with enough practice (and I will), but don't you think you should be able to pick engine class? A choice for 100cc, 150cc, and Mirror (maybe even 50cc for beginners)? I practiced so hard on the regular tracks, and now that my VR is above 3000, I play on Mirror much more often, which throws me off. It's just a suggestion.

It's just the way it is. For being at 3000 VR you think you would be adjusted to it by now.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Aqueous

I'm playing in the no item nintendolife group if anyone wants to join me

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

BulbasaurusRex

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I was just wondering, do you guys have any Lucky Seven strategies? When I see people online get it, nine times out of ten they fire off all seven items as quickly as possible, which seems like a waste. I prefer to use the star first followed immediately by the blooper. The star protects me in case someone hits my bomb and it blows up. Then I usually try to get rid of the bomb, usually by dropping it behind me unless I have a good shot lined up down range. If the level has a good shorcut, I will save the mushroom/star for it. I'm usually left with a measly banana and green shell circling me which I sometimes leave circling me for a while so anyone who gets too close will get hit.

That's pretty much what I do, too.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

TheKingOfTown

One thing that's annoying about the Lucky 7 is that the items you throw seem to be random. Is there a pattern in which items you throw?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

RYBlast

AtomicWaffles wrote:

One thing that's annoying about the Lucky 7 is that the items you throw seem to be random. Is there a pattern in which items you throw?

You throw the one that's in front of you.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

SamuraiShyGuy

I thought it was pretty obvious that you use the item in front of you (even if you are throwing it backwards). The hard part is that using the right item at the right time requires you to focus your eyes on your character and not on the track in front of you. The Lucky Seven has more than once caused me to drive off the edge of a stage. In that case, I can see why some people just use it as quick as possible to remove the distraction.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

TKOWL

Been experimenting with wheels recently. The only significant drifting difference I'm seeing is the small and big wheels, the other wheels feel the same to me.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

Terave

AtomicWaffles wrote:

My opponents (mostly online) seem to always steal my star or mushroom, and then I only have Red Shell, Bob-omb and Green Shell left which still has a use.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Neonpowerstar

OK, so today the weirdest online glitch happened. I was only spectating but everyone was packed close together so nearly all of the action was visible on the bottom screen. The guy in last place threw a blue shell and instead of hitting first it went right past him/her. Now I know this can happen if 1st place falls off the track, but I'm absolutely sure that no one fell off and I'm not done yet. After passing 1st, the shell proceeded to lap around the track, where it passed 1st again and then did a U-turn, went backwards a short distance to behind at least 3rd, turned around again, passed 1st for the 3rd time, and then lapped around the track once more before finally hitting the player in 1st, more than a lap after it was first thrown. At no time did anyone fall off while they were in 1st. Has anyone experienced something similar or have an explanation? I'm thinking the U-turn stuff might have been lag, but I'm 100% sure that the shell did actually make 3 laps around the course; there's no way lag could cause a 1 lap delay.
On a somewhat related note, I got disconnected shortly after and when I tried to connect again, it said the server was under maintainance. Has anyone else gotten this error message?

If the 3DS has not been discontinued SM3DL and MK7 are awesome games, but if the 3DS has been discontinued Sony has taken over the world.It is not true that both Sony has taken over the world and SM3DL and MK7 are not awesome games.Therefore:Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 are...

Birdman

Yeah, so I just unlocked the Beast Glider after getting 4,500 Coins (Don't have the Birthday Girl Kart, if you're wondering), and I was fairly disappointed when I saw it didn't improve anything stat-wise that other unlockable gliders like the Paraglider or Swooper. Is it supposed to, or is it just supposed to act like the other unlockable gliders but look cooler?

Edited on by Birdman

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Neonpowerstar

Birdman13 wrote:

Yeah, so I just unlocked the Beast Glider after getting 4,500 Coins (Don't have the Birthday Girl Kart, if you're wondering), and I was fairly disappointed when I saw it didn't improve anything stat-wise that other unlockable gliders like the Paraglider or Swooper. Is it supposed to, or is it just supposed to act like the other unlockable gliders but look cooler?

How can you not have the Birthday Girl? It's one of the 3 karts you get at the start.
To answer your question, some of the gliders which look like they give the same stats actually differ in certain "hidden" stats like mini-turbo power which aren't shown in-game but do make a difference. However, as far as I know, the Beast Glider is identical stat-wise to the Super Glider and so is purely cosmetic.
BTW, did you get any parts via streetpass? Because I believe that unless you did, you always get the Beast Glider at 5000 coins.

If the 3DS has not been discontinued SM3DL and MK7 are awesome games, but if the 3DS has been discontinued Sony has taken over the world.It is not true that both Sony has taken over the world and SM3DL and MK7 are not awesome games.Therefore:Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 are...

e-love

A question, how do you exit out of an online session? I know you can't quit during the race, but like after the race is over, is there not an option to leave and go back to the main menu? I've been turning my 3DS off after the race because I don't know how to leave the session otherwise. Anyone know?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Spoony_Tech

After ever race it prompts you to race again or quit. Then you just hit the b button till it ask if you quit online.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Terave

emaan1 wrote:

A question, how do you exit out of an online session? I know you can't quit during the race, but like after the race is over, is there not an option to leave and go back to the main menu? I've been turning my 3DS off after the race because I don't know how to leave the session otherwise. Anyone know?

Were you in a community? If so, you can only quit after four races. If it was VS race, then I don't know.

johnnie1221

@terave i added you on 3ds can u please add me back

3DS Fc 2277-6873-6306
Have:
MK7,SSFIV,and ASPHALT

Terave

@johnnie1221 I will add you back, but it can take a while. So let's go on topic again.

CosmoXY

My red battery light came on during a match last night, so I finished the race, then I shut the system and left it in sleep mode until I could plug it in. During that time I lost like 20 points on my rating. I was not in a race when I put it in sleep mode. Anybody know what's up with that?

I'm not too concerned about the rating, just don't want to lose points like that again.

Cosmo 1547-5360-6061
Rock Safari - Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

theblackdragon

@Duney: Are you sure you actually exited? You have to hit 'quit' after finishing a race (don't wait for the buttons to pop up on their own because sometimes they don't, just hit A or B and they should pop up once the results are displayed), then wait for it to exit you out to the main Online Multiplayer menu (where it says 'worldwide', 'friends/opponents', and 'communities'). Only then can you shut your 3DS off or put it into sleep mode without potentially losing VR.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic