Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 2,590

Snagrio

Jamouse wrote:

Also, Am I the only one that really likes Hades' personality and appearance. I was expecting a really clichéd God of the Underworld but instead we got this weirdo.

I like him too. In fact he kinda reminds me of the Hades in Disney's Hercules, only not quite so car salesman like in personality/speech.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Wiiner

@sushifreAk
Spoilers
7th row down
3rd square from the left
Hope it helps

WII U ID: WiinerMario
3DS FC: 3695-0014-0565
PSN ID: Wiiner1
XBL ID: Wiinermario

RPGShaymin

@sushifreAK
If you plan on using a quill space thingy, It's the only one you can't use one on in the entire Hades board. And now that I saw the reward, probably fittingly so.

I am the forever lurker.
3DS Friend Code:0989-1732-5647
Wob Niar

Adam

I find it embarrassing to play the game one Hades has taken over. It was hilarious for Pit and Palutena to be kidding around in the face of this (mostly) serious evil, in the form of Medusa. Now Hades is constantly in on the jokes, too, and there's no foil, no relief for the comedy to stand out against.

And Medusa was hotter.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

TysonOfTime

NintyFan wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Jamouse wrote:

Also, Am I the only one that really likes Hades' personality and appearance. I was expecting a really clichéd God of the Underworld but instead we got this weirdo.

I like him too. In fact he kinda reminds me of the Hades in Disney's Hercules, only not quite so car salesman like in personality/speech.

Definintely agree on the comparison to Disney's Hades. The Kid Icarus Hades is more suave-acting too. He reminds me even more of Disney's Hades when he regenerates a new, blue head with blue flames during the last phase of the final boss battle. Then he looks like a younger, twisted version of him.

I actually like this Hades better. He has a fun personality, and although the Disney Hades was humorous, he just wasn't fun.
Also: @ whoever thought that Medusa should have remained boss: she got old quickly. And besides, why would you WANT a serious character? This game is all about silly and random moments. Play Xenoblade is you want seriousness.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

retired_account

Adam wrote:

I find it embarrassing to play the game one Hades has taken over. It was hilarious for Pit and Palutena to be kidding around in the face of this (mostly) serious evil, in the form of Medusa. Now Hades is constantly in on the jokes, too, and there's no foil, no relief for the comedy to stand out against.

And Medusa was hotter.

(spoilers)

Yeah, and I thought the best levels were mostly before Hades took over too. The Aurum threat felt particularly forced. Pyrrhon didn't need to be in there. The chaos kin had potential, but after two or three levels it was all taken care of and everything was all happy happy let's go kill Hades again, just like it never happened.

I liked Hades as a villain but I wish they saved him for a sequel or at least had Medusa seem less like an insignificant underling. Rather an anticlimactic return after 25 years.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Retro_on_theGo

I agree that Medusa should have been the main villain for longer. Hades was fun but as someone who wants to take over the world Medusa was the better villain.

What the heck? Why do some Air Battle tracks cut off in mid song in the music gallery? The Thanatos air stage music cuts off right before you go into the parted sea, my favorite part of the track. Is that part labeled as a separate track?

Yrreiht

no its not a separate one, just keep listening, it'll start a few seconds later just like in the level (does that for me)

Revenge is better with chili sauce... everything is better with chili sauce.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4008-9404 | Nintendo Network ID: Tynerds37

DeadAntelopesGo

@Retro_on_theGo if you wait for like 3 seconds the next part starts in. I think thats because in the chapter itself, there is a pause in the music while the sea begins to part.

Currently Playing: Splatoon, Need for Speed Rivals

Nintendo Network ID: Deadantelopesgo

TysonOfTime

Is anyone else having trouble beating Ch 11 with no damage? I'm having a hard time....

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

SamuraiShyGuy

I bought a 330 Guardian Orbitars from the store the other day. Those are fun. And now I'm really into clubs. After killing three people with one shot from my Babel Club, I was hooked. Now I need a club with a value over 300.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

Spoony_Tech

The spotpass club the other day was 300 exactly!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

EvilRegal

Does anybody have any suggestions for meeting time limit treasure hunt objectives? I've got light weaponry (orbitars), tirelessness, and lightweight powers to give me speed. Anything else that I'm missing? I especially want to beat the times in stages 9 & 24 to unlock the Palutena weapons (or ability to make them, anyway).

As for Hades, he is awesome and I am definitely a fan! I'm all for friggin INSANE characters like him that "just want to watch the world burn." And isn't that what you'd expect of the God of the Underworld? And I for one love the "frenemy" conversations and light-hearted verbal jousting between rivals. It's a delightfully fresh approach to in-game character rivalries that's more fun to hear than the angry bickering you might expect from, say, a Final Fantasy game. I think society could use more civility between enemies, and maybe disagreements could be solved with verbal barbs instead of barbed wire.

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

RoryLee

I use a weapon that has a Stamina boost, and just run by all the enemies that you can.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

SamuraiShyGuy

I forgot to mention I received my @Gamer magazine with the 3 AR cards. It came with Pit (battle cry), Pandora, and Samurai Blade. At least I got something out of the cruddy magazine.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic