Forums

Topic: i only get 1000 blocks from 16gb card

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

sp1cytomato

my 2ds will only let me use 1000 blocks and i have a 16gb card ive tried formatting the sd card and factory resting the device and nothing seems to work. does anyone know what to do

sp1cytomato

RupeeClock

It sounds like you might have a counterfeit SD or microSD card.
The labeling or the controller on the SD card might report that it's 16 GB if you plug it into a PC, but in actuality only have a 125 MB capacity.

Try plugging it into a PC, copying over more than 125 MB of data, and see what happens. You may have files disappearing as new files come in.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

sp1cytomato

it just wont let me copy it and says that a need to free up some space

sp1cytomato

WoomyNNYes

@sp1cytomato Just to bolster @RupeeClock, yeah, with counterfeit cards, if you check the card's capacity on a computer, it can say it has the advertised capacity, but it's true capacity is much lower. ...Like the card is truely 2GB or 4GB but the card's marketing fraudulently says 16GB, 128GB, etc.. (3ds only supports up to 32GB card)

Your card sounds like it could be bogus. If you got scammed, I'm sorry to hear.

Disregard if you already do this: If you buy from Amazon, only buy the big, familiar brand name cards with like 50,000 to 100,000+ postive reviews that are shipped & sold by Amazon. Brands like Sandisk, Samsung, etc.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

RupeeClock

Want to add that if you're going to buy a genuine microSD, wait until Black Friday (26th November).
microSD prices are sure to drop significantly around that time, they usually do.
Although for a 3DS system, you probably only want 32GB maximum. These days even a 32GB card is very cheap though, maybe around £9.
So it's actually pretty strange that you got a counterfeit 16GB microSD card, counterfeiters usually flog things pretending to be much higher capacities.

RupeeClock

NinChocolate

I had faulty SanDisk SD from amazon, had issues similar to the false capacity cards

NinChocolate

KingMike

I would just buy a SD card from a real big name store.
Last time I bought SD cards was like five years ago when I bought a few Sony 32GB cards from Target for like $20 each. So I'd imagine they'd be even cheaper now.
It's just something so cheap as it is I wouldn't try to save a few bucks buying online. Get genuine cards for sure.

KingMike

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic