Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Echoes

Posts 161 to 180 of 280

JaxonH

Ok, I've been MIA from all non-Switch discussion for several months now.

But this is Fire Emblem.

So, what's the word... is this a hype entry or no? I just saw today Japan got a really awesome CE with a Bluray. It's still in stock on PlayAsia but, I'm guessing it's locked to DVD region and not in English anyways.

I will be getting ALL the DLC for this game. Most definitely. Twice over, in fact, for each 3DS.

But gosh dang it's hard to go back to the 3DS now. I was updating my systems today, preparing for the onslaught of Fire Emblem, Pikmin, Monster Hunter Stories, Ever Oasis and whatever else is coming- Culdcept Revolt and RPG Maker Fes (wow, it's a really good year for 3DS, no?). But I noticed it felt like going back to a retro system. Ah well. I'll adjust.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

HDXylophone

There's 10 DLC classes? What are they?

HDXylophone

JaxonH

@Frosty_09
Oh, I already did.

This is a good stop gap until the new Fire Emblem on Switch releases next year. I expect them to spare no expense with that entry. Zelda levels of hype and polish and production values. Or, at least as close as they can come.

The Fire Emblem Warriors will also be a nice fan treat in the meantime. Even New 3DS owners can play that one, though I'm not sure how good of an experience it'll be with that version.

I never would have thought we'd see 3 Fire Emblem games and a crossover entry before the 3DS was over with. But here we are.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

CrazedCavalier

@JaxonH Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance released in the same year, and the GBA and SNES both had 3 FE games in four years like the 3DS. The only really remarkable stuff are the spin-offs/crossovers.
And remember: BotW was delayed multiple times. FESwitch will have just had 3 years of development on a new engine.

@HDXylophone Extra tiers of promotion for every single class line, meaning Alm and Celica (along with PKs and Mages) get third tiers and every other class gets a 4th tier.

@Frosty_09 Looking at the series' track record of moving to new platforms (PoR and Awakening), I wouldn't exactly expect too much graphically.
I'd love if they went full cell-shading, though.

Edited on by CrazedCavalier

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

roy130390

I really need to finish Fire emblem Conquest... and then Birthright... and then Revelations. I'm ashamed, I was really enjoying the game and I bought all content, but other games have distracted me after I got frustrated with the DLC mission "Royal Royale".

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

JaxonH

@CrazedCavalier
The remarkable part is given where the series was at before. I would never have expected to see this many FE games on 3DS... regardless of GBA or what happened 20-25 years ago on SNES in Japan.

As for FE Switch, point taken, but I think the demands of a FE game are also far less than that of one of the largest open worlds in gaming. Switch being far easier to develop for vs 3DS should also help, and they've got some good experience with the PoR/RD games too. It makes me giddy to think about. Cause really, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn had some decent production values. I can only imagine what a new game could look like in HD.

Gosh, FE Gaiden... this is all I remember cause I played a whopping hour of it. NES games are just so hard to get into

Untitledphoto uploadingcertificity.com

CrazedCavalier

@Frosty_09 ...I swear I hit the "reply" button to you. How did that get messed up?

@JaxonH PoR is all but confirmed to have heavily recycled assest from the cancelled FE64, and Radiant Dawn looked more like what PoR should've looked like. The series had always kinda just been "there", with IS allowed to do basically whatever as long as they made money from it.

I'm just in a naturally apathetic mood towards hype-- we have to wait and see.
Maybe they'll have something of a tease at E3? On SF I correctly predicted a tease during the FE Direct, so maybe. If not then, it'll be after FEWarriors gets out.
...I just realized, there's gonna be outrage when the main characters from FESwitch get into FEW before the rest of the series.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

JaxonH

@CrazedCavalier
Even if it looked like PoR or RD with HD assets and cutscenes, that alone would be satisfactory to me. Obviously I'm hoping for more, but just getting the series off handhelds and back onto consoles is an achievement in itself.

I thought Radiant Dawn looked spectacular, or, at least would have had it been in HD. And the next game will surely outdo that one, what with the series gaining popularity and all. We've seen the jump in production values on 3DS already.

Honestly, I don't understand outrage like that. Life is too short. Besides, the new entry will probably end up selling much more and being a lot more relevant to a lot more people than older entries.

If we don't see footage this e3, then they're gonna have to reveal later in the year (November/December Direct?) provided it truly is releasing next year. Unless we just don't hear anything until e3 2018, at which point they'll probably have a big reveal and announce it as part of that year's holiday lineup.

Luna_110

@roy130390 I'd recommend skipping the DLC, it's too frustrating.... And if you still have all three paths left, be careful with not burning out on the genre. I know I was when I finished Revelations - I shouldn't have played all three campaigns back to back....

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

CrazedCavalier

@DarthNocturnal Plotline, yes.
Actually game assets, however...

roy130390

@Luna_110 I think you are right, I'll skip the dlc for the moment. Thanks for the advice!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

JaxonH

roy130390 wrote:

@Luna_110 I think you are right, I'll skip the dlc for the moment. Thanks for the advice!

I agree with the whole burning out thing, however, the DLC in Fates is spectacular. The maps and strategy involved is some of the highest quality I've seen. The Gold and XP are a personal choice, but even those maps were fun imo.

If anything, skip Birthright and buy both map packs instead! Conquest had some of the best maps I've played, but the DLC was not far behind. It was the strategy required, like the summer party one, and how many different ways it could be played over without feeling the same (due to no healers aside from one team).

CrazedCavalier

@DarthNocturnal PoR's graphical presentation heavily suggests that-- it's not explicitly been confirmed, but the line of logic is very easy to follow.

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
I think it's just the fact it's on 3DS.

The hardware is dated. I love it and will always love it, but I'm so ready to move on from 3DS games. It's a gosh darn shame seeing great games like this that could have been in HD, could have been released as $39.99 Switch titles to round out the first year. I know they need to keep 3DS alive but, at lease port the games to Switch for a dual release like FE Warriors. Give people transitioning a nice middle ground where they don't miss out on 3DS releases in 2017 but can keep enjoying their Switch.

TOUGHDUDE94

CrazedCavalier wrote:

@Frosty_09 Something that's scaring me is the fact that you can leave Kliff and Faye behind for Celica to pick up later-- meaning they likely won't have any role

Also, the release version of the game was datamined and info on future DLC was found. I'll post the SF link: https://serenesforest.net/2017/04/19/echoes-sneak-peak-upcomi...
Lots of potentially really cool stuff, basically.

The dlc some is from the card game(via code)
MY Predictions
Pack 2 and pack 3 are going to be the same but with pack 4 being paralog 5 and the other free dlc.

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

CrazedCavalier

A Dengeki Developer Interview by Kirokan, the SF user behind Kantopia.wordpress:
https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2017/04/27/fire-emblem-echoes-...

Provides more context behind the "Echoes" subtitle; they wanted a suitable replacement for "Gaiden" and settled on Echoes, noting that they may use it for future remakes. This does not confirm Echoes is the start of a series of remakes; other sites were reporting it as if it did.

Besides that? Seems like this interview has somewhat cleared Kusakihara of blame and Kozaki's going back to being the Art Direction scapegoat.

CrazedCavalier

@Frosty_09 It's been clear for a while that there's some divide within IS. Considering Kusakihara's recommendation and appreciation of Hidari's art, the scapegoat seems to have shifted to Maeda (who honestly does sound like the biggest culprit for the series direction after this interview).

If you scroll all the way to the bottom, you'll see my comment: "Welp, the whole “Faye was meant to be unlikable” theory got shot down. She really was just ballsy yandere pandering." Though it looks like she got slightly toned down in the localization, from people comparing the openings.

Speaking of Hidari, he's officially confirmed himself to be male on Twitter. That's a debate finally settled.

I wouldn't expect FE to head in a different direction anytime soon. That's too radical of a departure, and RTS games by their very nature require more investment, strategizing, and quicker reaction speeds than turn-based games.

Gultigargar

So I got done finishing SoV. So far as I expected from a remake of FE2, it's sadly disappointing to say.

They kept it too faithful similar to like Shadow Dragon with terms of gameplay and story.

I'll be expecting new players will find the game inferior to Fates/Awakening and previous titles. Which they would be right about.

In other words, don't get extremely hyped for this game. You'll be amazed how short the game is and probably be playing other FE like Fates after this one. It's that bad.

My current N3DSXL FC: 2165-9800-0902

I'm not what to post, but something should pop up here eventually.

Gultigargar

Frosty_09 wrote:

@Shiki_No_Uta Do you mind going more in-depth with your reasoning behind the aspects of the game that you disliked? I'm curious to know more about your opinion, as to why you think it's inferior to Awakening and Fates.

It's too faithful to original, to be exact. Has maps are outright bad compared to previous titles in the franchise. (Which you hope that they would have improved in the remake, but they didn't.) Fatigue is unecessary as you can easily get your units killed if you forget to feed them, which is a mistake most players will encounter.

There's also the problem with character usability in combat and story.

There's many more things to tell you, but I'm in the mall with my parents. ;w;

My current N3DSXL FC: 2165-9800-0902

I'm not what to post, but something should pop up here eventually.

CrazedCavalier

Shiki_No_Uta wrote:

So I got done finishing SoV. So far as I expected from a remake of FE2, it's sadly disappointing to say.

They kept it too faithful similar to like Shadow Dragon with terms of gameplay and story.

I'll be expecting new players will find the game inferior to Fates/Awakening and previous titles. Which they would be right about.

In other words, don't get extremely hyped for this game. You'll be amazed how short the game is and probably be playing other FE like Fates after this one. It's that bad.

It's far more faithful than SD in the gameplay department and made a ton more additions in the story department (fleshing things out a ton more and adding a secondary antagonist), so I'm already going into this feeling suspect of strong bias (which complaining about fatigue only seems to further).
And there's nothing wrong with a 20-ish hour game, especially after all three of Fates' routes together gave people (myself included) fatigue and kept us from replaying it sooner.

Most of us know what to expect-- you don't need to be all doom-and-gloom about it.

@Frosty_09 Here's probably the most even-keeled SoV import review in the meantime: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/71335-thane...
From the guy who basically single-handedly started the Fates' story criticisms.

Edited on by CrazedCavalier

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.