Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 281 to 300 of 923

Bolt_Strike

MegaBeedrill wrote:

@bolt_strike, Ridley does have regeneration abilities, but unlike the past games were Ridley's corpse laid, or Pirates collected his vital organs for the meta variation, Ridley was blown up with planet Zebes. The reason he returned in Other M was because his cells (I guess he blew up?) were present on Samus's armor like the metroids. Fusion was Ridley's corpse collected from his death by the queen metroid, (however they managed to move that without it disintegrating like every other metroid influenced victum is beyond me) which for sure died when the X parasite infected it, if it wasn't dead enough already.. (perhaps like mother brain he'd revive? Still finished by the X). The X blew up with their planet, meaning any trace of Ridley is gone entirely. The only way Ridley could return is if there is another ridley (there are others of his kind in the manga) elsewhere, or the X parasite revived from samus's body or something since they're contained in her and the X-ridley came back.

He survived a Phazon infection in Prime 3, surviving an X infection would be no different.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

KO-Cub

Bolt_Strike wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

@bolt_strike, Ridley does have regeneration abilities, but unlike the past games were Ridley's corpse laid, or Pirates collected his vital organs for the meta variation, Ridley was blown up with planet Zebes. The reason he returned in Other M was because his cells (I guess he blew up?) were present on Samus's armor like the metroids. Fusion was Ridley's corpse collected from his death by the queen metroid, (however they managed to move that without it disintegrating like every other metroid influenced victum is beyond me) which for sure died when the X parasite infected it, if it wasn't dead enough already.. (perhaps like mother brain he'd revive? Still finished by the X). The X blew up with their planet, meaning any trace of Ridley is gone entirely. The only way Ridley could return is if there is another ridley (there are others of his kind in the manga) elsewhere, or the X parasite revived from samus's body or something since they're contained in her and the X-ridley came back.

He survived a Phazon infection in Prime 3, surviving an X infection would be no different.

You mean Omega Ridley, but that's a high tech version of Ridley from Meta Ridley. Only used Phazon to boost performance. And surviving an X parasite? Not without a Metroid. Even Samus was at brink of death.
I don't think it's that hard for the Space Facility and planet in Fusion to have exploded and some X parasite getting away with living as SA-X or Neo-Ridley running around the universe. If Redley has the best survival skill out of every boss ever, then he'll survive Fusion, despite that not actually being him.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

GrizzlyArctos

Artwark wrote:

@GrizzlyArctos: You don't seem to understand the point here.

Also if the series doesn't need Metroids, then why is the main franchise called Metroids? That's like Calling the Alien movies without having any Aliens in them.

Now I haven't played the prime series so please don't spoil the story parts there.

• Metroid : Zero Mission: Samus wipes out Mother Brain as well as Ridley along with the Metroids.
  • Return of Samus: Galactic Federation has found Metroid Species around the planet and so Samus goes there to eliminate even the queen....only to save a baby metroid in the end.
  • Super Metroid: Event takes place after Return of Samus. The Baby Metroid got stolen by Ridley and as a result formed more Metroids.
  • Metroid other M: Haven't played the game but I spolied it myself seeing as how many hated to story. Adam Sacrificed himself to eliminate all the remaining metroids.
  • Fusion : The vaccine that Samus took made a clone of herself thus forming a metroid clone. Samus eliminates the entire SR388 thus bringing the end of how Metroid can be brought back.

The chozo are gone, Ridley's clone is eliminated as well but I wonder, how does Ridley reincarnated in other M when he was killed before other m is something that bothers me a bit. And every possible cloning is now gone.

All I can see them do really is a remake of Metroid 2.

Yeah, I understand the point. You're saying that the story shouldn't take place after Fusion as both Metroids and Ridley have been wiped out. My point is that they can continue the story after Fusion. Either bringing the Metroids back (many different ways this could be done, easily) or use some of the different plot elements that the series has added over the years. For example, Samus now has both Metroid and X DNA after Fusion, both things the GF has showed interest in obtaining, and it's not known whether the GF has good intentions for them.

Your summary of Fusion is wrong. The vaccine Samus received didn't clone her. The parts of her suit infected by the X parasites became the SA-X, X parasites taking Samus's form, not Metroid clones. The GF were shown in Fusion to have a secret Metroid research lab on board the station too, so it stands to reason that they could have more Metroids in another location, so they're not necessarily wiped out. Also, a Metroid game can be done without Metroids (Metroid Prime Hunters for example).

Edited on by GrizzlyArctos

Yes, I like bears.

KO-Cub

Metroid Fusion 2 even. Sasmus just abuses more Metroid powers. Then she gets the ability to sap energy from enemies. (I mean, this was a Prime 3 gimmick.)

Bolt_Strike

KO-Cub wrote:

Metroid Fusion 2 even. Sasmus just abuses more Metroid powers. Then she gets the ability to sap energy from enemies. (I mean, this was a Prime 3 gimmick.)

I want to see this happen, I think there's a lot of potential in giving Samus some Metroid abilities.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Mansa

Also that would give the game a good reason to have the title "Metroid" I guess.
Does the game we are talking about for the topic haves Metroids in it?

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

KO-Cub

I presume so. It's in the Prime series and every planet had a new Metroid (Prime 2 surprised me) so I bet their'd be many. I would like to know where it's placed though in the Prime timeline and how it'll fit with lore. Speaking of lore, I hope they add scanning and lore stones.

PokeMario

What I find hilarious is how everyone was saying "this better be a Metroid game" after it was shown at the NWC.

PokeMario

TuVictus

Samus having Metroid abilities would be cool. And slightly humorous. I just imagine her going into her ball form and sprouting little legs and levitating to sap enemies of their strength.

TuVictus

Araquanid

@GrizzlyArctos I don't believe samus actually has X-DNA, she recieved the metroid vaccine which absorbs the X like a living metroid would, but this doesn't imply she has still functional X DNA in her. (otherwise metroids in general would have X-DNA in them.)

@Bronze Metroids were already confirmed for MPFF awhile ago, there is one mission that has them according to tanabe.

@KO-Cub, Prime hunters didn't have any metroids.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Koopa-King

The timeline is really simple guys. You just have to split the series into 3 timelines and then figure it out from there. One where Ridley wins. One where Samus wins. And one where Samus goes back in time to save Hyrule.

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Nintendo Network ID: nyansloth

IceClimbers

Apparently Retro Studios is responsible for the design of the mechs in Federation Force.

My reaction: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAA. The studio that Metroid fans hold so highly designed the chibi looking mechs that people hate so dearly. That's hilarious.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Offspring

IceClimbers wrote:

Apparently Retro Studios is responsible for the design of the mechs in Federation Force.

My reaction: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAA. The studio that Metroid fans hold so highly designed the chibi looking mechs that people hate so dearly. That's hilarious.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/kensuke-tanabe-on-metroid-pri...

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers wrote:

At this point I'm not even sure Retro is in charge of these decisions. DK rehashes and Chibi GF does not sound like something Retro would want to do.

Bolt_Strike

Octane

Bolt_Strike wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

At this point I'm not even sure Retro is in charge of these decisions. DK rehashes and Chibi GF does not sound like something Retro would want to do.

*does not sound like something you want Retro to do.

Octane

Bolt_Strike

Octane wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

*does not sound like something you want Retro to do.

Both really. It's pretty uncharacteristic of Retro to recycle gameplay styles and work on cartoony looking games.

Bolt_Strike

Hendesu

There's a high chance that this game is gonna be in the bargain bin for $5. Along with Superman 64.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

-Green-

@NightmareEater: Doubt it. Nintendo doesn't like dropping their game's prices. Well at least not to such extremes and at such a fast rate.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Bolt_Strike

Funny you should mention that:

Untitled

Yeah, I don't think the game will be $5 anytime soon.

Bolt_Strike

Megas75

Are people still screaming bloody murder over this game?

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Funny you should mention that:

Untitled

Yeah, I don't think the game will be $5 anytime soon.

tbf, Gamestop actually had it for $10 new for a while

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

Sorry, this topic has been locked.