Forums

Topic: Aw yeah! Persona Q!

Posts 201 to 220 of 281

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: I'm so glad they didn't expand any further on those poison floors. One of the few things I didn't like about the EO series. The worst of them are behind you now.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech: Yeah, poison floors and automatic movement tiles, another thing I never want to see again after the infuriating water currents in EOIII's third stratum.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: Well thankfully you won't see much more of the movement tiles. The 4th dungeon definitely felt even more like a giant puzzle. It's not as good as the one you're currently in but it also introduces some new elements different from the EO series.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Wow, Silence Circle + Binding Hands makes almost all of the random encounters in this dungeon a complete joke!

Spoony_Tech

Something else works better lol. I used it all the way to the end once I got it. At least on FOE's and bosses. Made the last boss a cake walk.

MERG said:

Ralizah

Holy cow, impure reach + panic circle is broke! It made the second Elizabeth battle a cakewalk, and made those horrible lovely doll F.O.E.s in the third stratum MUCH more manageable.

Ralizah

@DiscoGentleman: Me too (about having too much other stuff to play), but when you do eventually get it, I think you'll find that it is an incredibly fun game.

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: Well you found it lol. Panic circle pretty much works the rest of the way. It still won't be easy later on but you found it far sooner then I did. I didn't discover it till half way through the next labyrinth. There is another thing you can add to it still yet though to make it even more affective. I also had a healing skill I can't remember what it was called but it lasted 3 turns and was expensive to use like 68 magic points. It was a full party heal and cure. Now that was broken. I had that from about the second labyrinth on and couldn't ever let go of that skill because it couldn't be removed and attached to another persona.

MERG said:

Pho

@Ralizah: Impure reach + instakill moves. My go to for taking out random encounters and some of the FOE's.

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech: I have some powerful skills, but I don't want to use them as I need that MP to spam panic/silence over and over.

@xPH03N1Xx86: Impure reach works with instakill skills as well? That sounds SUPER OP. I might have to level up Naoto so I can take advantage of that. Minato isn't terribly useful in my party at the moment anyhow.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Just finished the third dungeon. Killed the guardian, 100% cleared all the floors, and completed all of the quests to this point. My panic circle strategy didn't work on the boss(es), so I just had to brute force a victory. It wasn't a terribly difficult fight, though.

I'll probably take a small break from Persona Q at this point, as I'm sitting at a roughly 50 hour save file now.

Edited on by Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

Took me far longer then that. Think I finished at 140 hours. I did spend a lot of time going up against too many goes and some of that might of been leaving the system open.

MERG said:

Ralizah

@Smitherenez: Yes, I'm at 50 hours. I've been doing every available request, fighting FOEs from older floors, and filling out every detail of the map on each floor, as well as grinding a bit to level up new sub-Personas.

Edited on by Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

The next floor probably has the most puzzles of all others combined. Just that one can't take 15 to 20 hours of you want to beat the FOE's. I also did every single thing I could and then some in this game. I kinda went slow because I didn't want it to end.

MERG said:

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech: I swear to God, one of those spirit club floors took me around 10 hours on its own to 100%. The design of the dungeon was so dense and involved.

Also, is there any post-game content here of note? One of the things I liked about EOIV was how much stuff there was to do after you defeated the final boss.

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: Unfortunately no. All there is to do is if you want get all the Persona but as far as another area to explore it more conversations then none that I seen.

MERG said:

Smitherenez

@Ralizah: I have been doing the same things. Except for grinding, my team never felt weak in this game. Maybe my experience with the EO games helped me go faster? That reminds me... I even left the game on for long stretches in certain areas to listen to the music. xD

Please check out my Youtube gaming channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/FullHDPixelletsplays

Nintendo Network ID: Smitherenez

Spoony_Tech

@Smitherenez: We are both EO vets as well. I'm not saying you're lying by any means but I can't see how this game can be beat in less then say 60 to 70 hours. Might be more a difference in play styles. It also took me 140 hours to beat EO IV but I know I could've beat it faster.

MERG said:

Ralizah

@Smitherenez: I find that very odd. Out of curiosity, I looked the game up on howlongtobeat.com. Here's the page.. Even in the "Rushed" playstyle for just the main story (which is just plowing through the main story without taking the time out to do any side stuff), it took people around 46h 18m to complete the game. It's not a super-accurate measure of how long it took people to beat the game in various conditions, due to obvious limitations regarding the data collection method, but generally the howlongtobeat scores are within the ballpark for most people, so to speak.

Perhaps you plow through games fairly quickly? I take my time doing stuff. I'm a slow game play, slow reader, slow writer, etc. It's not because I can't do these things faster, but rather because this falls within my natural rhythm of doing stuff. I like to take my time.

Edited on by Ralizah

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.