Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 2,677

WashioYuji

Etrian Odyssey IV or the Millennium Girl game?
Truth is I'm leaning towards the new EO: Millennium Girl game. I was going to buy EO IV straight away when I saw the release date on MG closing in but I couldn't find the hard copy anywhere, which is very worrying considering it was only released last year.
However, I'm not sure if it was would be better to start on IV first then move on MG. If so I wouldn't mind getting the download ver. which is still quite pricey :/
Bear in mind I've never played a EO so maybe playing numerically doesn't matter at this point lol..

WashioYuji

Spoony_Tech

@WashioYuji It doesn't matter really what order you play them in as story takes a back seat to gameplay and character building skills! I say if you find a copy of EO IV go for it as it was my second favorite game last year right behind SMT IV. Its one of the few games I beat. However MG has more of a story this go around and all the features from EO IV that the first game so desperately needed. You can't go wrong with either really but the overworld on EO IV really sets it apart from all the others in the series!

Have you played either of the demos? If not that should be the first thing you do as the data transfers over to the main game.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

devinias

Should I get animal crossing or something else? I loved the GameCube version,but the others were a bit lacking for my tastes. Haven't tried the 3ds version though.

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)
New 3DS owner!!! MH4U, Zelda:MM, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Persona Q
3DS FC: 4141-5006-6082

3DS Friend Code: 4141-5006-6082 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

WashioYuji

@Spoony_Tech Cheers mate. Yea I did play the demos and to be honest I breeze through them, skipping cutscenes and such because I didn't want to be exposed too much to the storyline, knowing I'd play them again when I get the game. I was mainly really looking at the gameplay.
I did notice that MG didn't allow me choose a class like IV, so like you said it maybe a bit more story driven.
I think I'll hunt a copy of IV then and if I love it, I'll get MG.
I'm tempted to get a US 3DS just for SMT IV lol...

EDIT: Oh wow! a retailer just updated and have EO IV stock

Edited on by WashioYuji

WashioYuji

6ch6ris6

@devinias the 3DS animal crossing is the best. so many things you can do

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

MuchoMochi

Anybody out there buy both Kirby and Mario Golf for the 3DS yesterday? if so which one would you recommend better? I really don't have a preference and they both look very fun and entertaining

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

ReshiramZekrom

Trying to decide between early 3DS games;

Super Street Fighter 4: 3D Edition
Pilotwings Resort
Star Fox 64 3D

Which one of these should I get?

<insert signature here>

Switch Friend Code: SW-0702-1707-9409 | 3DS Friend Code: 1118-0481-2094 | My Nintendo: MindReader | Nintendo Network ID: FunkyKongFR | Twitter:

Stg123

What's the best Professor Layton to start with? Do I need to play the DS games first or would it be ok to just jump right into one of the 3DS games?

Stg123

3DS Friend Code: 4442-0159-3171

netroz

Hi everyone! I bought my first Nintendo console in life, a black 3DS. I can't take my hands from it! I got Pokemon Y, Spirit Camera, SMT IV and SMT Soulhacker to have a decent amount of gameplay hours to enjoy.

Now I'd like to taste also a good action RPG game because turn based is fun but I dont want to get tired too soon from it.

I always have been a Castlevania fan, SoTN was the best for me. So I'd like you to suggest me something like that. I also enjoy any dungeon crawlers. I recently got Anonymous Notes 1 for a decent amount besides the bad reviews but it look as something that may ease my hunger...

Also, just as a curiosity, I saw RE:Revelations for 20usd... is that a worthy pick at that price?

Thanks a lot for any suggestion you got for me, and sorry for the long post!!

netroz

RR529

ReshiramZekrom wrote:

Trying to decide between early 3DS games;

Super Street Fighter 4: 3D Edition
Pilotwings Resort
Star Fox 64 3D

Which one of these should I get?

Out of those, I'd say Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (though, I haven't played SF643D to compare).

As for other early titles, I'd also recommend:

• Dead or Alive Dimensions (I personally feel it's even better than SSFIV3D, but instead of writing a wall of text on the subject, I'll just say it comes down to whether you enjoy 2D or 3D fighters more)
  • Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (this is actually a really fun hack n' slash, with a lot of content. My favorite launch title)

I've also heard that Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is good (especially if you like strategy games, like Fire Emblem), but I haven't actually played it myself.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

So, is Pix 3D worth it at $1.99?

I have a little over $2.00 leftover in my eShop account after the Level-5 sale from a few months back, and am looking to spend it (I don't plan on adding more funds any time soon, either).

BTW, I asked this in the eShop Recommendations Thread as well, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask here as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Spoony_Tech

netroz wrote:

Hi everyone! I bought my first Nintendo console in life, a black 3DS. I can't take my hands from it! I got Pokemon Y, Spirit Camera, SMT IV and SMT Soulhacker to have a decent amount of gameplay hours to enjoy.

Now I'd like to taste also a good action RPG game because turn based is fun but I dont want to get tired too soon from it.

I always have been a Castlevania fan, SoTN was the best for me. So I'd like you to suggest me something like that. I also enjoy any dungeon crawlers. I recently got Anonymous Notes 1 for a decent amount besides the bad reviews but it look as something that may ease my hunger...

Also, just as a curiosity, I saw RE:Revelations for 20usd... is that a worthy pick at that price?

Thanks a lot for any suggestion you got for me, and sorry for the long post!!

Yes Resident Evil Revelations is worth it but you should be able to find it much cheaper.

As for dungeon crawlers you can't go wrong with Etrian Odyssey IV and Etrian Odyssey Millennium Girl. Both have demos in the shop you can dl and are the first part of the game. If you buy the main version you data transfers over to the main game. You should be familiar at least with the maker of these 2 games as you already have two from them.

Lastly there really isn't much like Symphony of the Night but there is one gem on the eshop called Steam World Dig that has its similarities.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MAN1AC

If you like jrpgs then do yourself a favor and pick up SMT IV. I'm about 20 hours into it and its pretty good. Atlus' 3DS support has been pretty good thus far

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

maths

Synkronize wrote:

Unsure weather to buy 3dland or A link between worlds.

ALBW, hands down.

maths

Nintendo Network ID: neap24

Sinister

Since Batman Blackgate will be on sale soon i was wondering if the game is worth to pick up?
Is it a good Metroidvania game or not? Can anyone recommend the game?

3DS FC: 4553-9946-1131

6ch6ris6

lmao i picked up dead or alive dimensions today for 1,11€ !!!!

i can absoloutly recommened that game for that price

PS: i also got a 16gb micro SD card class 6 from samsung for 5€

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

KingMike

Had to go get a gift but I noticed the clearance rack at Target with a free stylus with each game.
So I got Tetris Axis with a Peach stylus and Shinobi with a Luigi stylus for $10 each.
(going to have to leave behind Mario and I think Yoshi)

KingMike

RR529

Okay, with SSB3DS not coming out until October, that frees me up about $30 to spend on a game for the summer. Based on Gamestop pricing (which is where I WILL be going), I've compiled a list of games which are in my price range (Used is okay in my book):

• Kirby: Triple Deluxe (this might be pushing it)
  • DKCR3D
  • SF643D
  • NSMB2
  • SSFIV3D (this would be a rebuy)
  • RE:R
  • Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (this would be a rebuy)
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate
  • Shinobi
  • Project X Zone
  • Code of Princess
  • Batman: Arkham Origins: Blackgate

So which of these should I spring for? (if I can find it)

To show what I like, here's my current library:

• Dead or Alive: Dimensions
  • Zelda: OoT3D
  • SM3DL
  • MK7
  • Ace Combat: AHL
  • MGS3D
  • KI:U
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • Kingdom Hearts: DDD
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening

(NOTE: I DO NOT intend to trade anything in)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Spoony_Tech

@RR529 If you haven't play DKCR yet I say go for that as it's the best on your list. Otherwise the only other one I see would be Project X-zone. Castlevaina isn't bad but only if the price is right 15$ or less.

MERG said:

RR529

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@RR529 If you haven't play DKCR yet I say go for that as it's the best on your list. Otherwise the only other one I see would be Project X-zone. Castlevaina isn't bad but only if the price is right 15$ or less.

Yeah, I had DKCR on Wii, but I never beat it (got to World 5 before my Wii stopped reading dual layer discs), so I might go that route.

Actually, I'll play the PXZ demo, and if I like it, I'll try to find it. If not, I'll go for DK.

Any further recommendations/arguments would still be worth a read though, @Anyone.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic