Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 2,677

Spoony_Tech

Tobias95 wrote:

Why will Conception II children of the seven stars be eshop only?

Because Atlus is doing this one and if all goes well maybe they will release more games quicker and in physical form! I think they're playing it save!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Barbiegurl777 I just seen the press release and the manufacturer retail price on Mario Golf is 29.99. Don't know how long you will have to wait for a sale on that!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

devinias

Okay so GS has a buy two get one free sale right now...anything cheap I should grab either ds or 3ds?

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)
New 3DS owner!!! MH4U, Zelda:MM, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Persona Q
3DS FC: 4141-5006-6082

3DS Friend Code: 4141-5006-6082 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Andyv01

Am looking at RPG's or strategys but hoping for optional Japanese language options as in Fire Emblem and Bravely Default:

Do any of these have this option? (EU version please)

Etrian Odyssey 4, Shin Megami Devil S Overclocked, Soul Hackers... also, did the US version of Shin Meg 4 have options?

Ta muchly

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

dAvecaster

I picked up my first 3ds game the other day. Pilotwings. I am enjoying it, very relaxing. I think it's worth recommending.

dAvecaster

Lovomotif

Kid Icarus The Uprising. So many weapons! Having so much fun customising and weaving through the skies

Lovomotif

Mine01

I'll buy a 3ds later today, i plan getting the next ones at some point this year.

KI:U
FE A
Pokemon y
Smashbros (both 3ds/wii u lol)
Luigis mansion

Any other game i should look for?

Mine01

3DS Friend Code: 5000-3484-9808 | Nintendo Network ID: soakedmine

Booboos35

Mine01 wrote:

I'll buy a 3ds later today, i plan getting the next ones at some point this year.

FE A
Pokemon y
Luigis mansion

Animal Crossing New Leaf
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7

The King Of Strong Style

Spoony_Tech

Booboos35 wrote:

Mine01 wrote:

FE A
Pokemon y
Luigis mansion

Animal Crossing New Leaf
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7

Not sure of age but Resident Evil Revelations is great. Also a older one but imo the best launch title Ghost Recon Shadow Wars. It plays a lot like Fire Emblem! So many more but you have more then enough I can see for now!

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

Is both Kirby Triple Deluxe & Mario Golf going to be $29 in the 3ds e-shop? Because GS say's $34 tax on $34 would be $37 if both $37 then it comes to $74 as opposed to $64 in the 3ds e-shop. I gotta see block size on both games because if both $29 in the e-shop it'd be cheaper to download. Don't want to have to buy the cartridge's if can help it. Had to last year for donkey kong 3DS looked in the e-shop would have been 17,000 blocks to DL ended up buying the cartridge only have 8 gig sd card...

I'll wait until next thursday at midnight want to see prices for both games & also block sizes for both...

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Info has been released on Mario Golf's file size. Its about 1 gig and around 8000 blocks. Not sure of the eshop price but if you look on the forums and check Mario Golf the dlc packs have just been released for pricing and what will be available!

MERG said:

Booboos35

Buying LoZ: OoT 3D in a minute! So hype, also getting Kirby Triple Deluxe May 2nd. 3DS is the best

The King Of Strong Style

Isbiten

Animal Crossing New Leaf or Bravely Default?

Isbiten

Spoony_Tech

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

Isbiten wrote:

Whoa, two completely different games. It's really a choice between Animal Crossing's play a little everyday to maintain your village or Bravely Default's JRPG adventure. My vote is with BD but I love RPGs

I also vote for BD. After 200 plus hours on Animal Crossing I had to ask myself what have I really done here?! It's a fun game but for me Not rewarding enough.

MERG said:

MarkS27

Isbiten wrote:

Animal Crossing New Leaf is a great life simulator which I have played for over 200 hours, and there is still a lot more I can do in the game. It is a very relaxing game, and it is best that play a bit every day, rather than large periods of time in a day.

Bravely Default is also a great game, which I only have a few problems with. These are that some of the voice actors aren't the best choices and it can feel a bit repetitive in one particular part of the game. It has an excellent job system, and the options to brave and default make the game seem a lot different from other JRPGs. There is a lot of content in the game, and even completing the main story and mastering all the jobs will probably take you 80 hours +.
Overall I preferred Animal crossing slightly more, but I think the best way for you to decide is to get the game based on which genre appeals to you more. Whether you prefer life simulators or RPG's you won't be disappointed with either game.

MarkS27

3DS Friend Code: 3282-1883-4630 | Nintendo Network ID: MarkS27

Ralizah

They're both awesome games. Animal Crossing is probably the definitive sim experience on Nintendo consoles, whereas BD is one of the best RPGs on the system. Can't go wrong with either, really.

I'll say Animal Crossing: New Leaf, if only because I feel it is one of those games that defines the system. I really think every 3DS owner should have a copy of that game.

My recommendation: if you like it, you'll play every day, so a digital download of it might not be a bad idea.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

mystman12

So, I've been working on a pinball game for a while now, (See signature) and I've started dabbling in the art. The problem is, all I have for that is GIMP, paper and pencils, and a scanner. GIMP is great, but, after making an attempt tonight, I realized drawing with a pencil on paper then scanning it in wasn't gonna cut it. So now I'm thinking about either downloading Colors! 3D, Art Academy: Sketch Pad, or Colors! for iPod and buying a stylus. Here are some of the pros and cons that I know about for each:

Colors! 3D: This would probably be what I'd choose, if my touchscreen was calibrated, but no matter how many times I do it I just can't fix it. I really wish Nintendo would make an advanced calibration that covers the whole screen or something. Basically, there are a couple of areas where the calibration is messed up, each in between the two calibration points. One senses too far to the left, and one senses too far to the right. This makes it annoying just drawing in WarioWare D.I.Y., I can't imagine how frustrated I would get with this. The pros though are that it looks like it would be simple to use and that I could make some colorful, simple art with everything I need to make good looking pinball art. (Which isn't very complicated at all and is usually pretty cartoony) It also looks like it has great export options.

Art Academy: Sketch Pad: My gamepad, as far as I know, (I don't use it that much; it's in my brothers room, and there aren't a ton of games on it I want to play... but that's going to change soon when Mario Kart 8 comes out!) is calibrated just fine, and it's bigger too, which would allow more precision, and it's also my cheapest option. The problem here though, is that it doesn't look like it's made to do what I want to do. I want solid cartoony lines that I can fill with solid colors and then add a few small shading effects. From what I'm looking at on Miiverse... it doesn't look like you can do that.

Colors! on iPod with a stylus: I'm really not sure on this one. Has anyone used the app? For one, it would be my most expensive option since I need to buy the app AND a stylus for my iPod. There are also no buttons, which would make simple things like switching tools and layers more complicated than they need to be. The appstore reviews also aren't the best, but they ARE appstore reviews so it's not like they're super trustworthy or anything. On the plus side, I would have a retina display, you can export in even higher resolutions than Colors! 3D, and I know my iPod touch screen will never become an uncalibrated mess.

On top of all that, a few other things I need to throw out are:

• I need to be able to have my playfield blueprints in the background that I can draw over. I need to make sure all my drawings line up correctly with all the objects and lights on the playfield.
  • I stink at drawing... but I feel that, with a lot of effort and some practice, I could pull off some pretty good looking art. (Well, until I come to faces... that's when things get [i]really[i/i] ugly.) I'm wondering though, do any of these have tools that allow you to easily create simple shapes, like lines and circles? Not all my art is going to be based off of lines and circles obviously, but tools like that would be extremely helpful.
  • Here are a few examples of pinball art to show the kind of look I'm going for:
    Red and Ted's Roadshow playfield
    White Water playfield
    As you can see, pinball playfield art is usually not super detailed and pretty cartoony. Which app would be best for that kind of art? (I'm assuming Colors! is)
  • Do any of these apps have any features that would help me out that aren't listed on their websites or anything? If so could you tell me?

So, that's my lengthy post. Feel free suggest any other tools I could use (that aren't too expensive, of course!) if you know of any. Also, if you or someone you know is willing to do the art... let me know. If I can't find a good way to do it myself having someone else do it would be my last resort.

Edit: Oh, one last thing. Do you think I should make a seperate thread for this, or should I just keep it here?

Edited on by mystman12

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Synkronize

Unsure weather to buy 3dland or A link between worlds.

Synkronize

Stg123

Synkronize wrote:

Unsure weather to buy 3dland or A link between worlds.

Both great, but definitely ALBW

Stg123

3DS Friend Code: 4442-0159-3171

JoeyTS

Get Luigis Mansion Dark Moon I love this game especially for the multiplayer and a lot of people are still playing as of now.

UPDATE: Bowser just ate some cake and it was yummy

Ralizah

@Barbiegurl777
The Japanese digital release was 4,713 blocks, so expect somewhere in that ballpark.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic