Forums

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 1,441

LadyCharlie

@Dogorilla I'd never have heard about this game without this, so thank you! I'll give it a try!

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

Vivianeat

@Dogorilla Ah I'm no expert lol but thank you so much!

A catalog of the most obscurely bizarre 3DS games. These gems imo tend to be more risky/experimental in all aspects but are worth having in your 3DS collection. This list was strict and merited as truly obscure. Luke Vincent's games are purposely "ugly" but amazingly functional. Butterfly's games lean more into the meta arthouse side of things, testing the patience and emotions of players. Hope this helps!

RIP 3DS eShop

Harold's Walk - Luke Vincent
Harold Reborn - Luke Vincent
Automaton Lung - Luke Vincent (also on Steam btw)
Love Hero - Butterfly
The Queen TV-Game 2 - Butterfly
Gal Galaxy Pain - Butterfly

Gordon Ramsay has a Nintendo Switch.

Eel

For people that like pen and paper style puzzles, I (yet again) absolutely recommend Puzzler World XL. It comes with literal thousands of puzzles, ranging from sudoku, crosswords, link-a-pix, a ton of word search, and more.

Also you spin a wheel to get hint coins, and wheels are always fun.

Its a mid-range DSiWare, and it uses the rather unique Brain Age-style orientation, where you hold the console on its side… which is just SO “DS”, I love that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dogorilla

@Vivianeat Thanks for the suggestions! I did think I was done buying 3DS eShop games now but I might pick up Love Hero; no idea what it's about but it's so cheap I might as well try it, right?

Oh, and @CharlieGirl I just remembered two other eShop games I have that you might not be aware of (though they do both have reviews on this site). The first is Alien on the Run, which so far I've only played the demo of but that was enough to convince me to buy the full game. The other is Puzzle Labyrinth, which again I haven't played yet but it sounds very clever and weird based on NL's review, and it's currently very cheap on sale (so is Alien on the Run but only in Europe I think).

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Eel

After an unhealthy amount of money being spent over the last year, I think I will be picking between Kirby’s Blowout Blast and Pocket Card Jockey as my big final 3DS purchase.

Anyone got any opinions on both?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Vivianeat

No problemo! Love Hero is bizarre af and hard to complete, for me at least.

Vivianeat

@Eel I prefer Kirby's BB, but screw it buy both! 2 days left!

kkslider5552000

I've not played either yet but as someone who bought all the download only Kirby games just to avoid being unable to own a Kirby game...well I know its like what they did with the other download only Kirby games. They're just somewhat extended versions of the minigames from Triple Deluxe/Planet Robobot.

I did not like the Triple Deluxe versions of these much, they barely justify existing as stand alone titles. But Blowout Blast is easily my favorite of the four minigames based on how the version in Robobot is like and Pocket Card Jockey was ported to mobile, while I can't imagine these specific Kirby games will be ported to anything. But I'd also bet money Pocket Card Jockey is the better game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eel

I never played Planet Robobot, but I did enjoy Forgotten Land, and this seems like a cool little precursor prototype of it. So it seems neat.

Bloop.

Megas75

Anyone still interested in getting Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright should get it now before it's too late, because the aftermarket for that game is, uh, pretty bad

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

AnnexusNL

@Megas75 whatever you think it's gonna cost, it's gonna be worse is what post-covid collecting has taught me. Get your stuff now in eshop if you can get it cheaply.

That said, spent some cash on last pickups. Some Stella Glow, pokemon VC games and etrian odyssee untold millennium girl. Had to move so much data around, even got rid of special sun moon demo.
I don't think the SD is that large. Upgrading is too late I'm afraid.
What to do with 12 euro's of cash remaining and 654 blocks to spare? If anyone has some suggestions, yes please and thank you!

Former GBATemp regular (boktor666), Boktai fan, retro connaisseur. Regaining love for retrogaming.

ryuuryuunonoroi

I would definitely recommend grabbing both of the Senran Kagura games on the 3ds as well. Not just because of the growing resale value of physical 3ds games, the fact that the first game didn't event get a physical NA release, or that the second game has DLC. But these games are a special case, as due to Takaki effectively having a freeze on the series after he left Marvelous and GARM being censorious p***** any future re-releases are up in the air.

The two games have musou-style gameplay, with the first game playing more like arcade beat'em ups while the second takes a more Devil May Cry style approach. If you enjoy those kind of games you'll definitely enjoy these.

As for the second game's DLC, you have to advance in the story a bit to purchase it, though not very far. You access it from the "Missions" Menu under "Mission Shop". There are three mission packs that come with both bonus mission and extra character customization options. The fourth item is an additional character, but you can download that character for free if you have save data for the first game on your system.

Also, while the first game did get a remaster on PS4 and PC, it has a completely different gameplay style that aligns more with the newer entries. Some people dislike the newer style for not being as fast paced, so you may find the 3ds version preferable regardless.

Definitely grab a hold of both of them if you have the funds and space. You won't regret it.

Edited on by DreamlandGem

ryuuryuunonoroi

Eel

@AnnexusNL you can delete any heavy games and buy whatever you like.

The eshop is closing, but you will still be able to access it to re-download your purchased content later, when you get a bigger card.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

AnnexusNL

@Eel I'm also kind of thinking about this option, it could be nice. Just a little concerned with the longevity of that option since ninty is not specifically stating a time window. And I believe that transferring data is a little weird between sds right? I remember the 3ds being somewhat difficult in that area.

I'll give it a shot!

Former GBATemp regular (boktor666), Boktai fan, retro connaisseur. Regaining love for retrogaming.

Eel

@AnnexusNL well the DSi and Wii shops still give you access to your purchases, so it should be a good amount of time.

It can be a bit finicky, but as long as you don’t delete the data off the old card, it should be safe to try as many times as you need.

Bloop.

McQ

Oof! I've spent almost the whole weekend on the eShop. The one thing left to do is to download the StreetPass Mii Plaza DLC, but StreetPass Bunny doesn't seem to sense the urgency of the situation, and won't let me until I've got my first tag. (I got my 3DS off of eBay, way after the StreetPass craze was over, unfortunately.) I'm meeting up with a friend tomorrow specifically to StreetPass, so hopefully it works without a hitch (I tried meeting another friend the other day, but I only got data for Super Mario 3D Land, and nothing in my plaza for some reason), or else I'm never getting that sweet, sweet DLC. Does anyone know what time the eShop closes in the UK, also? Do we have until midnight tomorrow night?

McQ

Eel

I was gifted an eShop card by my lovely parents, and now I have no idea what to spend it on.

It’s a MX$500 card, equivalent to around US$25. Hm. I could add an extra MX$100 and buy Kirby Triple Deluxe or Majora’s Mask. Or double it and get Kirby Extra Epic Yarn or Planet Robobot. I’m kind of overspent already though.

Or spend it on smaller eShop exclusives like Dillon or Box Boy. DSiWare would also be nice but I kind of have too much DSiWare already. Or DLC?

Ugh decisions. Is Triple Deluxe fun?

Edit: I decided to go out with a bang and got Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dogorilla

@McQ We have until 1am on Tuesday morning according to a comment on today's eShop Spotlight article.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

McQ

@Dogorilla Amazing, thanks so much for this, that's put my mind at ease! There's still time. Not much, but some!

McQ

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic