Forums

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Posts 1,421 to 1,428 of 1,428

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@ChaoticKirby I’m definitely interested in Rustys baseball and planet robobot. I wish I spent more time with my 3DS when it was alive

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Noir a tomato/replicats, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H
Holy S##t guys Puss in boots 2 is great
https://youtu.be/bEoNNYyVNxc - Puss in boots 2 preview

ChaoticKirby

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Glad to hear! And yes, the 3DS’s prime time was splendid. It might get a new bump in popularity with the eShop closing, though.

I would also suggest looking behind you

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@ChaoticKirby I hope for a blowout sale though because I think my list may be around 4-5 hundred dollars and I ain’t paying that

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Noir a tomato/replicats, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H

Plusle_and_Minun

I’m recommending Rhythm Thief and the Emperor’s Treasure before the eshop goes down. It’s a tonally chill little rhythm game that feels like a mild cross between Professor Layton and… I would say Elite Beat Agents, but I haven’t actually played that game, so I can’t say that with certainty. Lol It also takes advantage of its Paris setting, using real locales as backdrops. I believe it had a limited physical release, so once the eshop goes down, it’ll be nearly impossible to get, unless you get the Japanese version. Wikipedia tells me there’s a badly received IOS port, but uhh… I don’t really recommend that one. Lol I got the game for ten dollars two years ago, so it might get that cheap again if SEGA has another sale.

I also want to recommend the Style Savvy/New Style Boutique series. My sister and I had been eyeing it for a while, so a few months ago we bought Style Savvy: Fashion Forward and finished the main story. If you have a 3DS and are interested in fashion games, grab a Style Savvy before the eshop closes! Seriously, there are three games on 3DS and only the first one has a physical release (at least in the US). So check it out and try some demos! I expect this series to be completely dead until Nintendo finally makes a virtual console and/or an online subscription for 3DS games, and that’s a bit of a pipe dream. Lol

The first game for the DS is also available on the Wii U virtual console.

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika
I don’t know your region, but in the US, Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice are both on sale for five dollars right now. And as a head’s up, if you do get the games, you need to clear the first case of each game to access the in-game DLC menu, which will become unavailable once the eshop closes.

Layton vs. Phoenix also has a free in-game download that you can only access after you beat the game, and I can’t remember if it was confirmed whether things like that will become unavailable? I know you’ll still be able to download updates via the eshop, but I’m not sure about the in-game updates, like the free puzzles in the Layton series and the aforementioned update in the Layton vs. Phoenix game.

Plusle_and_Minun

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Plusle_and_Minun so you can’t access the dlc without playing the game? Theres no way to purchase it on the eshop

Plusle_and_Minun

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika

3DS games are weird; you usually have to get to the DLC shop within the game itself, rather than the eshop. You access the DLC shop via the main menu in Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice, but it doesn't give you the option until you finish the first case of the game.

In Layton vs. Phoenix, you have to complete the game to unlock an "Extra Content" section, and when you access it, there will be a button that says "unlock content," which will download special episodes and a special gallery via the internet for free. The episodes themselves seem to be little scenarios with additional puzzles (I can't vouch for all of them. My sister just finished the game the other day and is now checking the episodes. lol).

I noticed you had Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates on your list of games, and I assume you know about the DLC fiasco with Fates, but I believe Awakening has DLC missions? I can't give much detail on that because I haven't yet played the game myself, but I'm pretty sure someone told me before that there are free missions and paid missions you can download. I'm sorry if all this DLC talk is overwhelming. D: I have to try and not stress about the closure myself. lol

And for anyone with the 3DS version of Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy, there are 365 free puzzles you can download, and you just need to start the game to access the menu for that. I assume the other 3DS Layton games are like that, too?

Plusle_and_Minun

Sunsy

I think I said it earlier in the thread, but Tank Troopers! Friendly reminder to grab this 3DS only tank game. Think of it as a Nintendo-y tank game. Similar to how Splatoon is for shooters.

The resident Trolls superfan! Looking forward to Trolls 3 this November!

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Plusle_and_Minun only Nintendo could make it so cannot give them money for thier products without jumping trough unnecessary hoops. For a company that loves money they are great at not taking it

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic