Forums

Topic: 3DS eShop Recommendations thread

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,441

Guile

@LiNeR Same problem here mate the previous year. I had bought mh4u, I liked the series so much that I wanted to go in generations in no time. I decided to buy it for switch as it's the ultimate edition and plays hell better than my beloved 3ds. So in my opinion you should buy mh4u on 3ds and mh generation on switch. 5 bucks is a steal for mh4u. Very good story Mode, excellent stereoscopic 3d,still active online players.!
I made an exception with Mh3u as I have it on both 3ds and wiiu due to cross save.

Edited on by Guile

Guile

Joeynator3000

@LiNeR 4U, it's probably still my #1 MH game...

Anyways yeah, I'm here now. Ever since Nintendo announced that they're bringing the 3DS eShop down (well, Wii U too, but I don't have that anymore. xD), I've been messing with my 3DS more, even bought a couple of retail games just to have that I wanted to play but never got around to it. (Planet Robobot and Bowser's Inside Story, loved the original, decided to go for the remake)

Also redownloading most games that I've bought on here before I forget again and it's too late. But also...I miss the Electroplankton stuff, and getting the DS game is like...$200...yeah, no thanks. I'll just buy them individually on here for $2 each. Dunno why they didn't just release the retail on here as an option as well. Weird...

Anyways yeah, the eShop going down...it's making me want to play the 3DS again. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

SnackPop

Capcom is having a VERY nice sale on their 3DS 3Shop games. Games like Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate are just $5 each while the Resident Evil games are just $2 apiece.

Retro gaming is too damn expensive.

chiefeagle02

A lot of Sega games are back on sale on the 3DS eShop.

"The only Zen you find on tops of mountains is the Zen you bring there." -Robert Pirsig

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0551-8551 | My Nintendo: chiefeagle02 | Nintendo Network ID: chiefeagle02 | Twitter:

JuveLeo

The Ace Attorney games are on sale right now. Just bought the Ace Attorney trilogy for 11 dollars CAD. Never played these games before but heard great things. Absolutely love it so far!

NNID - figo77ronaldo
3DS Friend code 5473-0852-7592
SW 8548-4896-1093

octokid

Not looking for any recommendations, but just wanted to remind everyone that there is 10 days until credit card purchases end!

amazing new mexico sunset. im hanging on a bridge with my friend-[GUNSHOTS] /ref
have a good day! stay hydrated! et cetera!
(any pronouns, she/they preferred, thank you!)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5873-1162-6324 | 3DS Friend Code: 3025-2448-4778 | My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo | Nintendo Network ID: MissMonkeyMoo

marakassi

Steam world (dig, dig 2 and Heist) all in big sale / -80%. All great games and must have.

marakassi

SnackPop

Steel Empire is a good buy if you like the old school arcade shmups of yesteryear.

Retro gaming is too damn expensive.

cra1g0s

I’ve seen Cursed Castilla for sale yesterday at £7 with 40% off. I like the look of the game as I’ve been buying quite a lot of retro style and VC games for 3DS and Wii U.

Of all the ‘buy these e-shop games while you can’ lists in NL and other sites, I’ve never seen Cursed Castilla listed, but it got a 9/10 from NL and seems pretty well regarded as a retro style game so it would look like the type of game I should buy.

Why is it not mentioned much though, because it’s not exclusive to the 3DS? The 3D stereoscopic look seems to be the main difference with other platforms so what do people think of the game?

cra1g0s

F-ZeroX

Rytmik Ultimate is heavily discounted atm. I'm not a music maker or anything but I did have fun on my tablet churning out some dope drum n bass and reggae melodies quite quickly and enjoying the process. This does look to be a bit more complicated to get into.

Not a Sega gamer but I've taken up interest in some of the 3D classics games. Looking at Twinbee, Sonic 2 and Galaxy Force II. Those sprite based graphics in 3D layers look pretty cool and apparantly Sega put their work into them. Reckon it a unique chance to pick up before that time window closes indefinitely. Kinda goes against my principle of no longer supporting Nintendo, but I can live with a few small purchases for the sake of gaming as art.

Edit: Some feedback on the Sega classics in case anyone else looking into this: https://www.resetera.com/threads/outrun-super-hang-on-space-h...

Edited on by F-ZeroX

F-ZeroX

ChaoticMagolor

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika

-Chibi-Robo: Photo Finder. Albeit a little repetitive, it really utilizes the AR feature well, and is actually fun.

-Any of the Yo-Kai Watch Blaster games. The last time I played it, it had an active online community. I still don’t know if it does, but that’s part of why it was good. Solo gameplay is great though.

-Mario and Luigi: Dream Team. Probably an underrated M&L game. Idk.

-Get all the content for Rusty’s Real Deal Baseball. An absolute hidden and underrated gem. A great boredom buster with a decent story.

-Kirby Planet Robobot and Triple Deluxe. I wholeheartedly love these games. Just some wholesome Kirby fun with your average slight nightmare fuel!

-Virtual Console games, for obvious reasons.

I may be missing a few games, but these are the ones I could think of at this time of night lmao. Happy shopping!

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

May pop in and out of existence.

I would suggest looking behind you.

ChaoticMagolor

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Glad to hear! And yes, the 3DS’s prime time was splendid. It might get a new bump in popularity with the eShop closing, though.

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

May pop in and out of existence.

I would suggest looking behind you.

Plusle_and_Minun

I’m recommending Rhythm Thief and the Emperor’s Treasure before the eshop goes down. It’s a tonally chill little rhythm game that feels like a mild cross between Professor Layton and… I would say Elite Beat Agents, but I haven’t actually played that game, so I can’t say that with certainty. Lol It also takes advantage of its Paris setting, using real locales as backdrops. I believe it had a limited physical release, so once the eshop goes down, it’ll be nearly impossible to get, unless you get the Japanese version. Wikipedia tells me there’s a badly received IOS port, but uhh… I don’t really recommend that one. Lol I got the game for ten dollars two years ago, so it might get that cheap again if SEGA has another sale.

I also want to recommend the Style Savvy/New Style Boutique series. My sister and I had been eyeing it for a while, so a few months ago we bought Style Savvy: Fashion Forward and finished the main story. If you have a 3DS and are interested in fashion games, grab a Style Savvy before the eshop closes! Seriously, there are three games on 3DS and only the first one has a physical release (at least in the US). So check it out and try some demos! I expect this series to be completely dead until Nintendo finally makes a virtual console and/or an online subscription for 3DS games, and that’s a bit of a pipe dream. Lol

The first game for the DS is also available on the Wii U virtual console.

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika
I don’t know your region, but in the US, Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice are both on sale for five dollars right now. And as a head’s up, if you do get the games, you need to clear the first case of each game to access the in-game DLC menu, which will become unavailable once the eshop closes.

Layton vs. Phoenix also has a free in-game download that you can only access after you beat the game, and I can’t remember if it was confirmed whether things like that will become unavailable? I know you’ll still be able to download updates via the eshop, but I’m not sure about the in-game updates, like the free puzzles in the Layton series and the aforementioned update in the Layton vs. Phoenix game.

Plusle_and_Minun

Plusle_and_Minun

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika

3DS games are weird; you usually have to get to the DLC shop within the game itself, rather than the eshop. You access the DLC shop via the main menu in Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice, but it doesn't give you the option until you finish the first case of the game.

In Layton vs. Phoenix, you have to complete the game to unlock an "Extra Content" section, and when you access it, there will be a button that says "unlock content," which will download special episodes and a special gallery via the internet for free. The episodes themselves seem to be little scenarios with additional puzzles (I can't vouch for all of them. My sister just finished the game the other day and is now checking the episodes. lol).

I noticed you had Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates on your list of games, and I assume you know about the DLC fiasco with Fates, but I believe Awakening has DLC missions? I can't give much detail on that because I haven't yet played the game myself, but I'm pretty sure someone told me before that there are free missions and paid missions you can download. I'm sorry if all this DLC talk is overwhelming. D: I have to try and not stress about the closure myself. lol

And for anyone with the 3DS version of Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy, there are 365 free puzzles you can download, and you just need to start the game to access the menu for that. I assume the other 3DS Layton games are like that, too?

Plusle_and_Minun

Sunsy

I think I said it earlier in the thread, but Tank Troopers! Friendly reminder to grab this 3DS only tank game. Think of it as a Nintendo-y tank game. Similar to how Splatoon is for shooters.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

LadyCharlie

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, so:
does anyone have any eshop "hidden gem" recommendations that are ACTUALLY hidden? I'm talking truly obscure.

because all the lists I've read talk about the same games over and over. at this point Pocket Card Jockey, Gotta Protectors, and Fluidity aren't exactly "hidden" anymore.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

Dogorilla

@CharlieGirl I think the only really obscure 3DS game I have is Moonbound and that's the developer kindly gave away some codes for on this site (go and check the thread for the game, there might still be some codes left). Beyond that the most obscure recommendation I can think of is Siesta Fiesta, but that's probably just about well known enough to appear on some of those lists (and rightly so, it's great).

I think this forum's expert on obscure 3DS games is @Vivianeat - I noticed they posted a few threads about 3DS indies I'd never heard of, so have a look at their posts and maybe if they see this they'll be able to recommend some things as well

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Anti-Matter

Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers.
If you really want the physical copy, get the PAL or Japanese version.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic