The game actually combines those rhythm-action characteristics with elements of strategy, with the player's goal being to combine musical loops in real-time to keep on top of their audience's energy. The action swings from contemplative to frantic as you move between song sections, and there are ten different dance music genres to sink your DJ teeth into. Over time you'll unlock new musical loops, DJ tricks, and club venues to play in, too.
Here's a quick list of features for you:
- Choose and combine musical pieces across 10 dance genres
- Build your kit from over 420 instrumental loops
- Watch the crowd and react to clear the level in one of 7 club venues
- Time rhythmic elements and audio filters
- Improvise with sound effects and combos
- Perform DJ tricks to maximise your score
The game launches on Switch on 3rd October and will be priced at $29.99 / £29.99.
Do we have any musical maestros itching to get their creative hands on this one? Let us know if this your jam with a comment below.