Akupara Games has announced that Whispering Willows - an upcoming adventure puzzle game - will be launching on Nintendo Switch on 27th September.
In the game, you'll be following the story of a young girl called Elena Elkhorn as she embarks on a harrowing journey to find her missing father and discover the secrets of the Willows Mansion. A unique amulet she received from her father allows her to astral project her spirit into a ghostly-realm and communicate with the dead. You must use your astral projection to solve the mansion’s tricks and puzzles, help the lingering souls, and uncover all of the secrets in Whispering Willows.
There appears to be a rather hefty emphasis on the game's use of HD Rumble here, which allows the player to feel a slow pulse that grows when close to friendly spirits, or a hurried vibration to warn you of any angry entities nearby. You can find out a little more below thanks to this handy feature list:
- Switch HD Rumble – Feel ghostly presences through Elena's amulet with unique patterns for friendly and aggressive spirits
- Beautiful 2D Art – Immerse yourself in a beautifully hand-drawn 2D world as you traverse the Mansion grounds
- Haunting Audio – Allow the haunting music and chilling sound effects to send goosebumps across your neck
- Twisted Plot – Let the history of the Willows Mansion draw you into a plot full of twists and betrayal
- Puzzling Secrets – Explore the vast Mansion and unlock its puzzling secrets as you search for your missing Father
As mentioned above, the game launches on Switch on the 27th of this month, but pre-orders are now live on the US eShop for $9.99.
A nice starter for the upcoming Luigi's Mansion 3 main course? Let us know your thoughts on this one below.