Dark Blue Games has released a brand new trailer for its upcoming game Infected Shelter as part of last week's EGX 2018 celebrations.
If you're out of the loop with this one, Infected Shelter has been billed as a cross between Dead Cells and 2D beat 'em up title Castle Crashers, mixing rogue-lite gameplay with co-op multiplayer insanity. You play as a member of a surviving group in a post-apocalyptic world, but on one fateful morning, you awake to find the shelter is raided and your people are kidnapped for reasons unknown. Leaving your shelter, you emerge into the harsh infected land and start looking for the kidnappers and the truth behind the events.
Gameplay is made up of randomly-generated, rogue-lite, post-apocalyptic action RPG shooter elements mixed with dungeon brawler mechanics. By beating enemies, players can loot more than 150 different blueprints of permanent improvements, and you can also unlock new weapons, clothes, skills, relics, and RPG-like character improvements that change how you play the game in future runs.
- Rogue-lite / rouge-like elements, play-learn-die-unlock-improve-repeat
- Permanent upgrades that change how you play the game in the following runs
- 150+ blueprints to unlock new weapons, clothes, skills, relics and RPG-like character improvements
- 50+ brutal, ultra-violent executions
- Randomly generated post-apocalyptic environments
- Fast paced, violent and complex 2D brawler-like combat with lots of firearms and melee weapons
- Fully supported singleplayer experience
- Co-op with up to 4 players
The game's currently scheduled for a release on Switch in 2019, with PC early access aiming to launch in Q4 2018. We'll keep an eye on this one over the coming months for any more news or a confirmed release window.
Are you ready for a dose of apocalyptic fun? Let us know if this one's going on your Switch wishlist.