We rather liked Overcooked: Special Edition when it brought chaotic co-op cookery to the Switch back in July. It's been very popular on other platforms previously of course, but there is nothing like playing on the Switch on-the-go in tabletop mode with a friend, is there?
Unfortunately, there were a handful of performance issues which slipped through the net, and Team17 today is proud to announce the first patch which will make this edition of Overcooked very special indeed:
- General improvements to framerate across the entire game Improvements to controller input
- HD Rumble no longer activates for all players when Player 1 carries out an action
- A crash triggered after lowering the vibration setting is fixed
- An exploit for chopping in the single-player mode has been removed
- An error in which worktop highlights was missing under certain circumstances is fixed
- A bug causing the timer to cut off when switching between handheld and TV mode has been fixed
Team17 isn't finished yet either; a future secondary patch will introduce even more improvements to performance, so watch out for that.
Let us know if you have experienced a smoother framerate since updating the game with a comment below.