We've been awaiting the usual Media Create Japanese chart results, but due to Golden Week in Japan the data hasn't been forthcoming as yet. As we've had requests for what information is available, we've picked up the Famitsu magazine charts from earlier in the week to tide us over.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, predictably, made its debut in number one spot last week with 280,229 sales; that's a solid contribution to worldwide sales passing one million in its first week. That is less than Mario Kart 8 achieved back in Summer 2014, as it hit 325,892 sales on its Media Create debut, but by that point the Wii U had been on the market for a little over 18 months and had a larger userbase.
Beyond that we have Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X making a debut on 3DS in second place, while Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia lost a lot of momentum in its second week to sell 25,099 units and drop to third place. From a Nintendo perspective there are various evergreen releases further down the top 20, with Cube Creator DX being a new arrival (published by Arc System Works) on 3DS to come in at 13th place. The results are below with lifetime sales in brackets.
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 280.229 (NEW)
- [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X - 92.809 (NEW)
- [3DS] Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - 25.099 (158.509)
- [3DS] Monster Hunter Double Cross - 24.038 (1.544.724)
- [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 17.085 (393.726)
- [3DS] Pro Baseball Famista Climax - 12.009 (55.581)
- [PS4] Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition - 10.427 (42.115)
- [PSV] Gun Gun Pixies - 8.794 (NEW)
- [NSW] 1-2-Switch - 6.768 (181.641)
- [3DS] Mario Sports Superstars - 5.649 (73.169)
- [PSV] Dungeon Travelers 2-2: The Maiden Who Fell into Darkness and the Book of Beginnings - 5.059 (35.963)
- [PSV] Hanasaki Work Spring! - 4.730 (NEW)
- [3DS] Cube Creator DX - 4.697 (NEW)
- [PS4] NieR: Automata - 4.654 (279.395)
- [3DS] Pokemon Sun / Moon - 4.030 (3.748.283)
- [PS4] Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands - 3.838 (172.758)
- [PSV] Tsuihou Senkyo - 3.712 (NEW)
- [PSV] Fate/Hollow Ataraxia [PlayStation Vita the Best] - 3.147 (NEW)
- [PS4] PaRappa the Rapper Remastered - 3.144 (9.198)
- [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki - 2.986 (707.148)
In terms of hardware we did see an increase in Switch sales thanks to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, though it didn't get particularly close to the highs of six figures. Nevertheless the general hardware picture still looks reasonably good for Nintendo - details are below with last week's sales in brackets.
- Nintendo Switch - 74.217 (40.367)
- PS4 + PS4 Pro - 24.756 (18.846)
- 3DS 'family' - 21.602 (21.685)
- PS Vita - 6.194 (5.414)
- PS3 - 353 (339)
- Wii U - 184 (376)
- Xbox One - 169 (73)
So those are the results published by Famitsu this week. We'll keep an eye out for the Media Create figures, though they'll likely arrive as part of a double set next week.