This Final Fantasy IV Medley Rocked A Whole Crowd Of Fans

Posted by Conor McMahon

Mega potions in the air like you just don't care

Final Fantasy IV is known as one of the most highly regarded RPGs of all time, and for good reason. Interesting characters, a classic battle system and an engaging plot all helped set it apart, but what stood out most for many players was its truly masterful soundtrack.

Nobuo Uematsu's timeless score has been remixed by a slew of artists and fans alike, but rarely is it done such justice as in the video below.The band On Being Human have taken 11 of the most memorable tracks from Cecil's adventure and woven them all together into one epic medley that's sure to please.

It's not their first achievement either, as we've featured them several times before for their similarly stellar work in remixing the music of Super Metroid and Killer Instinct. Their interpretation of Final Fantasy IV is even better when combined with live footage from their performance at MAGfest in Washington DC recently, so be sure to check it out.

Let us know what you think, and if you want to make every bus journey an adventure then you can download the song right here.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

Hot Damn this is all coming racing back! I really really need to get back to this now! I got horribly stuck against a fire archfiend in the subterranean area.

sugarshack

sugarshack said:

most definitely the best Final Fantasy of all time. played every version of it. my imagination skyrocketed when I was playing this game at 7 years old. this is bada**¡!

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

The arrangement is interesting and all, but theres a real range in the audience isnt there. You can clearly see people with blank expressions, but also random...fist-pumping?

MAB

MAB said:

ARE YOU READY TO ROCK! ... Looks like we got a awkward crowd tonight guys ;)

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

You know i have to post in here right! Where else can a game say spoony bard and becomes a hit video game phrase!

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

Very nice. FF IV was indeed my favorite which just proves how old I am. The tunes were, of course, driven into my skull while playing but fortunately it such well composed music that it nostalgia only sweetens it and this is a great medley and a great treatment. Went and bought a few of their songs. (Not sure how I missed that Metroid one!)

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

THIS made my day... Being snowed-in in Alabama was kinda sucky, but this makes me feel quite in a better mood :D My snowman met an unfortunate fate of Katana through snow action...