Nintendo World Store Set for Transformation to Celebrate the Launch of Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Posted by Orla Madden

It all happens this Saturday

It seems like forever and an age since Nintendo announced the release date for Animal Crossing: New Leaf in both North America and Europe, and now the game is just around the corner with it launching in North America this Sunday 9th June, and in Europe a couple of days later on 14th June.

To celebrate the occasion, Nintendo World Store in New York City is being re-imagined as the game's town this Saturday 8th June from 9am - 1pm. Fun activities will be held throughout the event, such as fishing, bug catching and fossil-digging; Animal Crossing themed buttons will be given to those who successfully complete certain tasks.

If you fancy busting a groove on the day, head upstairs to the second floor where a DJ will be spinning some tunes. There will also be plenty of photo opportunities with cutouts of the game's most recognisable characters.

If that isn't enough, those who attend may also be in with a chance to purchase the title a day before it's released. The game, as well as the special edition Nintendo 3DS XL Animal Crossing: New Leaf bundle, will be available in limited quantities to purchase at the event, and the first one hundred customers to purchase either the game or the bundle will receive an Animal Crossing: New Leaf-themed Nintendo 3DS skin.

This sounds like it's going to be a fun day for everyone, are you planning on attending the event? Let us know in the comment section below. In the meantime, why not read our Animal Crossing: New Leaf review to build up your excitement even more?

NintendoPro64

NintendoPro64 said:

@MrWalkieTalkie
Lucky you. :(

Anyway, with the all the ads on YouTube, the dedicated, websites, and TV commercials, should do great here! VGChartz preorder numbers are encouraging! I am glad this isn't going to suffer the same fate at Nintendogs and Brain Age.

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

I like how Nintendo is promoting this and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@MrWalkieTalkie - Maybe while you're there you can plug the employees for E3 news and report back to us :-)

If Best Buy is getting the E3 demos maybe they will as well? Last time I was there we played NSMBU and NintendoLand and Just Dance 4. My kids wouldn't even want a WiiU if it wasn't for playing those demos. (Which is why I'm always on NL complaining about the lack of kiosks demos, I know first hand they work to promote the WiiU.)

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

@rjejr well I do get along well with the guys over there. I once talked with an employee for like half an hour just talking about Earthbound. They're really cool!

flummerfelt

flummerfelt said:

Man, I really wish I lived closer to New York, id be there in a heartbeat. Anyone know if there are ever Nintendo events in Chicago?

Prof3ssorMGW

Prof3ssorMGW said:

Good thing I live 30 minutes away, not like I care about this specific event though. If Nintendo hosts a tournament for SSB4 the same way they did for Brawl, I'll be there in a heartbeat.

zoroarkrules25

zoroarkrules25 said:

I would love to go but i have a party to go to saturday, dang it sounds like a lot fun. I hope to see video of it.

JoshdahYosh

JoshdahYosh said:

Wait,wait,wait...you mean that fossil digging fishing and bug catching you can physicaly do or
do you do it in the game... confused I am.

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

Strange how Nintendo does all these events with Animal Crossing, but not with games like Fire Emblem and other Nintendo games.

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

Wow. I'd like to go, but I have a feeling I'll get there and find out that a hundred people already beat me to the pre-release copies.

Kaine_Morrison

Kaine_Morrison said:

No, the first 100 get 3DS skins for free.
It doesn't say how many copies of the game there are.
It doesn't matter, I'm downloading it. I don't want the Physical Cart for this game.

Kaine_Morrison

Kaine_Morrison said:

I was unable to make it due to the weather being not so good.
However, as a consolation, I bought a WiiU Deluxe Set!