Trio Of Kirby Games Hitting Japanese Wii U Virtual Console Next Week

Posted by Damien McFerran

Three Super Famicom classics incoming

Japanese Wii U owners are being treated to three Kirby titles in a single week. Some folks have all the luck, right?

The games in question are all Super Famicom titles. Kirby’s Super Star Stacker (Kirby no Kirakira Kizzu), Kirby’s Dream Course (Kirby Bowl), and Kirby’s Dream Land 3 (Hoshi no Kirby 3) will cost 800 Yen each, and hit the Japanese Wii U eShop next week.

Are you hoping to see these titles in the west? Which one takes your fancy the most? Post a comment to tell us.

[via twitter.com]

McRokert

McRokert said:

Haha like the did not get enough at the launch.. ah well, lets hope everything comes to the west, and especially the never released Fire Emblems for the snes!

BlackSpy

BlackSpy said:

Quelle Surprise :P. Lucky Japanese. grumble grumble

EDIT: someone please show me how to make my words italicized and small, I'd appreciate it.

zipmonStaff

zipmon said:

Oh man, I would love to see the Super Famicom Star Stacker over here someday! I love the GB game and have always wanted to play the big-screen version, but the carts are super expensive on eBay. Here's hoping!

KingDunsparce

KingDunsparce said:

@BlackSpy I think italicized is [ i ] text [ /i ] (without spaces) test Small is [ sub ] text [ /sub ]without spaces. other test

@OP I'm fine without a lot of Kirby VC titles for Wii U since I already have the Dream Collection versions. :)

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

I don't see why Kirby Super Star Stacker can't be released on over here considering it's just a puzzle game. Nintendo could pretty much just translated some of the words and release it as an import release like Sin and Punishment was for Wii's VC.

GN004Nadleeh

GN004Nadleeh said:

how about Nintendo give their attention to new games? I don't need a 7th copy of Mario world, I need brand new games, also add off screen play to all games

dragon_rider

dragon_rider said:

Why am I not surprised? When NOA has paltry releases but Europe/Japan have REAL noteworthy releases, I'm not surprised that people are willing to obtain said games by other ahem shadier means....

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@Pikminsi: But two out of three of these games aren't even ON that collection! :P

I love Star Stacker on Game Boy, and I'd love to play the SNES version...but I expect even if we COULD get them to release it here, it would lack English...and the game has Kirby's Avalanche-style cutscenes to boot. sigh

LexKitteh

LexKitteh said:

Meanwhile, we are still waiting to see if we'll get Kirbys Dreamland 2 on 3DS VC.. I would get all these Kirby games for Wii U if I was able to, at least I'd have something to play on it..

Gregor

Gregor said:

@dragon_rider don't even think about it. Just be patient. They have to make a working and proper game pad emulator and everything so hold your horses.

HunteROB

HunteROB said:

I want Dream Course which was already in the NA trailer. Dreamland 3 I have on a Wii disc. Super Star Stacker sounds cool though, if it came to the West I'd buy it seeing as I love Star Stacker on Game Boy.

sweetiepiejonus

sweetiepiejonus said:

@DarkCoolEdge

I get the frustration but we all seem to think that everyone that has a Wii U has a 3ds. And why shouldn't they offer the games to Wii U owners who wants the restore points and GamePad play? I've always enjoyed having options. You think people would be fine if they never released Super Metroid or Link to the Past on WIi U because there are other options already?

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

No, but they shouldn't start with the same games. Wii's VC is available in WiiU so it would be much appreciated to release new games for the people that upgraded from the Wii.

And seeing the launch line up is sad. A lot of crappy games, most of the games from NES, no N64...

sweetiepiejonus

sweetiepiejonus said:

@DarkCoolEdge
Oh I hear ya on that. I don't know what it takes to convert the ports to the VC but I do wish there was more titles for sure. I have no problem with them spreading across both platforms so I can choose whether I want a true portable title or GamePad support. But don't get me wrong, I do agree the slow drip and lack of variety is irritating.

I know what is in the pipeline which makes the wait difficult, with so many potential great N64 and GBA titles. Just trying to be patient.