Injustice: Gods Among Us Will Support Off-TV Play On Wii U

Posted by Orla Madden

In-game quick move list also included

With Warner Bros. and NetherRealm's upcoming title Injustice: Gods Among Us set to release next week in North America on the 16th April — and in Europe three days later on the 19th April — new details have been emerging prior to its launch.

What sets the Wii U version apart from other platforms' release is support for Off-TV Play. Should someone wish to change the channel while you're battling it out against crazed villain The Joker, simply move all gameplay to the controller — or for any other reason for that matter, as some people prefer to play on the GamePad only. It's always nice to have options.

Users also have the option to have a quick move list on the GamePad, so fighting your opponent has never been easier. Other versions will also have the quick moves feature, but must be accessed through the pause menu — so gameplay will be interrupted.

A new trailer was released this week featuring Hal Jordan, also known as the Green Lantern. He joins an enormous roster of characters including Batman, Wonder Woman, The Joker and Superman.

Will any of our readers pick up the game when it's released next week? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via siliconera.com]

Rafie

Rafie said:

@SevenForce I don't see why they wouldn't. There's already a season pass up for sale on PSN/XBLA. I didn't see anything on the Wii U yet though. Maybe today?

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

More of a Marvel guy + not into arcade style fighters, so this doesn't appeal. Glad we are getting it though :)

TOMBOY25

TOMBOY25 said:

im expecting the wii u version to be worse....i hope its not but iv just got a weird feeling it will be.

MEGAMAN_D

MEGAMAN_D said:

@TOMBOY25

What makes you think that ?

Anyway, I'll be getting this 100% next friday. I love having the movelist on the gamepad, it reminds me of the old SF or tekken arcade cabinets, where the moveslist would be above the arcade stick.

Anybody wanna add me as a friend on miiverse for some matches, bring it on

w00kash

w00kash said:

Some online retailers (amazon.co.uk and shopto.net) are now listing the game's release date a week later than PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, 26 April. There's also no Collector's Edition for Wii U and no pre-order bonus DLC (Blackest Night). Not sure if having off screen play is in this case enough to convince people owning all three consoles to go for the Wii U version...

KaiserGX

KaiserGX said:

Downloading the game day one. Yes you can use the pro controller, it will also have voice chat and DLC will be available for the Wii U Version. Ask me any questions you may have, I have been completely following in the game since it was announced.

Also the D-Pad sucks on the 360... there's one reason to convince people between the 3...

KaiserGX

KaiserGX said:

Nice, anyone else getting the game on Wii U feel free to add me on Wii U. I ain't a pro at fighting games at all. I hope we can practice and get some good matches. U will be hitting up Miiverse as well.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Well that settles it. Looks like I will be getting the Wii U version for sure.

GiftedGimp

GiftedGimp said:

Swipe moves should work well.. they did on Vita Mortal Kombat.
In that it was on Finishers and X-ray moves that could by done by swiping the screen with a set gesture, So imagine this will use a simular system.
Didn't realise it was out so soon, Still not got my hands on MH3, or Lego City, and Deux eX is out in a couple of weeks...
Whats all this nonsense about no games coming out on WiiU?;)

KaiserGX

KaiserGX said:

I think the swipe screen was because the Vita didn't have the second shoulder buttons. As that's how you do the Ultimate Move in this game too. With ZR + ZL.

GiftedGimp

GiftedGimp said:

@KaiserGX The button configuration was altered, all moves could be done via the normal button press system, the swipe method made it easier as you only needed to swipe the directions you would of pressed via the D-pad.

KaiserGX

KaiserGX said:

It's great for Fatalities but you don't have those kinds of Finishers in Injustice. You just literally press ZR and ZL to do your Ultimate Move.

GiftedGimp

GiftedGimp said:

@KaiserGX I know, but what I was saying was the swipe move system should work really well as the method has been used before on Vita to great effect.

PeachMelba

PeachMelba said:

@KaiserGX You haven't been following it that closely, so I wouldn't be offering advice. WII U WILL NOT have DLC. The developers stated this weeks ago.

A least it will be available as a downloadable retail title - if not, I would have ended up with the XBox 360 version. If I had to buy a disc, I would have gotten the disc version for a system that is getting more support. But since I prefer Wii U, and I prefer downloadable titles, I'll be getting this one.

KaiserGX

KaiserGX said:

@Peach I am sorry but you are mistaken. You should make sure you are correct first before correcting someone else. There has been no pre-order DLC or Season Pass announced but there will be DLC (as in the 4 DLC characters that will be released). Not only that but a previous Nintendo Direct confirms it.

I follow Injustice on Facebook and Injustice and Ed Boon on Twitter and they have said no such thing as the Wii U not having DLC.
The iOS app will also unlock costumes and such but not for the Wii U version, using a WBID.

scottsensei

scottsensei said:

I checked at Gamestop when I pre-ordered and the clerk told me the Red Son Pack they offered was also for Wii U version. As for the Blackest Night pack (which looks... cheap... in comparison) at Best Buy, I have yet to go into a store and confirm.

PeachMelba

PeachMelba said:

@KaiserGX Sorry guy but you are incorrect, still. And going to be disapointed, i think. As of now, we were left out of all the preorder bonuses (someone above said GameStop told them they would - they lied), and no DLC has been announced unlike the other systems.

Several times various Warner twitter accounts have confirmed that there "are no plans at this time". That doesn't meant no absolutely forever, but it's certainly not coming at launch or anytime soon.

And as far as iOS app goes, go back and read the press release. Only PS3 and XBox get the unlockables. Hope you haven't wasted too much time on the game, because it won't get you anything for the Wii U version. You really shouldn't brag about knowing it all when you so clearly have missed all the fine print regarding the Wii U version.

KaiserGX

KaiserGX said:

I just said there has been NO pre-order DLC announced... Did you not click the link I posted? DLC has been confirmed for Wii U, I never said at launch or when but it will have DLC,

For some reason the Twitter and Facebook reps aren't allowed to talk about the Wii U version. Honestly I don't think they were given any information, directions to do so seeing how the Wii U isn't being the main marketing focus.

About the iOS app I made a mistake. I meant to put that the Wii U version would not be able to use the iOS app. I fixed my sentence.

w00kash

w00kash said:

All things considered (no demo, no immediate DLC plans, no collector's edition, UK launch date a week after PS3 and Xbox360 with a number of major retailers in the UK, no gameplay videos/screenshots demonstrating GamePad functionality and 'Twitter and Facebook reps aren't allowed to talk about the Wii U version') I would not be surprised if the Wii U version got 'postponed'. Needless to say I hope that's not the case.