Coaster Crazy Deluxe Looping Onto the Wii U eShop

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Shake the GamePad and see what happens

It seems that rollercoaster creation and Nintendo touch screens work well together, as Frontier Developments has confirmed Coaster Crazy Deluxe for the Wii U eShop; the original Coaster Crazy was on iOS. The developer is well known for its two LostWinds titles on WiiWare, and has experience with the coaster genre from working on Atari's RollerCoaster Tycoon 3.

This new title does mix up the basic concept with some quirky tweaks; you have the goal of keeping the "Crazies" amused with great rides, all while creating them quickly enough to beat a score before a Zombie infects them. While that's a bit wacky, there'll be plenty of standard coaster creation with ten areas to progress through, a sandbox mode, online leaderboards and daily challenges. The actual creation tool unsurprisingly uses the GamePad touch screen, while moving the controller can change your view while on a ride; shaking the controller does, well, something else.

Frontier Development says that a release date and price will be announced soon, and you can see a lot of these features in action thanks to the trailer below. Is this on your wishlist, assuming you're tall enough for the ride?

diavu

diavu said:

i really don't like these "roller coaster tycoon 3 inspired games" that frontier keeps making, they're trash. i'm not buying anything from them, i never had. i've tried their games and they are really poor in quality and lack the massive content and replayability of RTC games.
i'll be waiting for RTC4.

phoenixology

phoenixology said:

@diavu well if that's your negative opinion on the series then hopefully Frontier will listen and release a demo too to hopefully convince otherwise (if this is an improvement)?

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

My favorite theme park creater game was Sim Theme Park. Had more soul to it then the lonely Rollar Coaster Tycoon games. Then again, I did enjoy them as well, just not as much.

Anyway, I really hope this one turns out well. Sounds fun....except I could do without the way over done zombies.

element187

element187 said:

So this is an iOS game? it will be priced similar to an iOS game, right? So 99 cents, roughly?

GiftedGimp

GiftedGimp said:

I would of been more intereted in a more straight, Theme Park - Rollercoaster Tycoon type game.
But as has already been said hopefully a demo will be released

diavu

diavu said:

my point is, if frontier has experience from RCT3 then why are they making everything but a theme park business simulation game?

cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo said:

I'd like a Theme Park Sim as well. I loved RCT for that, but don't get excited about the roller coaster creator games. I guess others do...so...uh...enjoy!

diavu

diavu said:

theme park inc is also good, i own both theme park world and theme park inc, and all the RTC games. thankfully in windows 7 you can play theme park inc without too many problems (still random crashes, just save alot). whereas under xp you needed a patchfix for theme park world for it to work

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

@element187 I hate when people think just because its 99¢ on IOS, it should be the same for Wii U. The IOS is a market that forces for your attention in the market, against thousands of other titles. One way to grab attention is a cheap price tag, so they can get a proffit the mobile market's immense install base.

I'm not usually a fan for Rollercoaster sims. But this one looks fun.

Rod64

Rod64 said:

SimCoaster from EA is the best roller-coaster game ever.
Too bad it's so old that it won't even work with modern computers.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Damn it. Why Frontier Developments, why?! Why bring this over to Wii U? Where is my LostWinds 3?! :'( Now I'm forced to buy this game just so I can throw some money at them in the hopes they finally make & release LostWinds 3... I've been waiting since I completed LostWinds: WInter of the Melodias so around 3 or 4 years.

Edit: Oh & I'm quite disappointed that this is merely a rollercoaster maker & not a theme park creator like the amazing Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 was (my personal favourite but I've not played RCT2). Maybe I won't buy this game afterall, it does look kinda lame...