Another Castle Hits Its Kickstarter Goal

Posted by Damien McFerran

$12,000 target reached with over a week left on the clock

Uncade's Wii U eShop title Another Castle has reached its Kickstarter funding target of $12,000 with 8 days to go.

As you'll know if you read our exclusive interview with the creator of the game, Another Castle is a retro-style platformer with random levels and an amusing sense of humour.

We caught up with Uncade's David Byers to ask him how he felt about the news. In-between jumping up and down for joy and smiling like a lottery winner, he issued us with this official statement:

I'm so thankful to everyone who's supported my project! Being able to make Another Castle really is a dream come true, even more so because I'm able to bring it to the Wii U!

Were you one of the people who helped David reach his target? Drop a comment to let us know.

[via kickstarter.com]

Wii_Win

Wii_Win said:

Woo! Didn't help fund it, but I sure am going to buy it!
Good job Uncade!

WiiULoveSquid

WiiULoveSquid said:

Great! And Shovel Knight has passed its halfway mark! Keep the indie platformers on eShop rolling

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

I'll be watching the reviews to see if this random-generated thing stands strong.

SuperCharlie78

SuperCharlie78 said:

I still have to help kickstarter campaigns like this by placing some funds, should I start doing it?
I'm happy when they reach the goal and announce proudly that the game wii exixt, though.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

...I wasn't... but I'm really glad it's hit it's target and I'll definitely be picking this game up! I just hope we can see it sooner thaN 2014

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

Thank goodness! This is a game that I was keeping my eyes on! Give thanks to the backers for making this happen! :D