Two New Assassin's Creed III DLC Packs Available Now

Posted by Andy Green

The Tyranny of King Washington on the way

Assassin's Creed III has been out on Wii U since the day the console launched. It represented the first time a game from the Assassin's Creed franchise made it onto a Nintendo home console alongside the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions.

Ubisoft was quick to make it known that the Wii U version would be supported with DLC in the same way the other versions would be, and true to its word two new DLC packs have emerged: The Hidden Secrets and The Battle Hardened. Both of them will be available to download from the Wii U eShop immediately.

The Hidden Secrets adds three extra missions to Connor's quest, including the Lost Mayan Ruins, the Ghost of War and a Dangerous Secret. According to Ubisoft this will extend the title's gameplay by an hour, taking players from the lost Mayan ruins to the high seas. Upon completing missions you will be rewarded with in-game weapons which will no doubt come in handy. The pack also comes with two multiplayer characters, the fearsome Redcoat and the deadly Sharpshooter, as well as a couple of single-player costumes, the Captain of the Aquila uniform and the traditional Colonial Assassin outfit.

If multiplayer is more your thing then The Battle Hardened pack may be what you're looking for, adding new playable characters and maps. The new characters are the influential Governor, the resilient Highlander and the fearsome Coyote Man; the new maps are set in Charlestown, Fort St-Mathieu and Saint Pierre.

The Hidden Secrets pack is priced at $4.99, while The Battle Hardened one is $9.99.

Ubisoft says The Tyranny of King Washington, an all-new single-player campaign told through three episodic content packs, will be on its way to Wii U in the future, so worry not you won't miss out.

Will you be downloading either of these packs? Remember, if you're in Europe you'll need to do so between 11pm and 3am due to the bizarre download restrictions involving 18-rated games.

Hokori

Hokori said:

Well at least AC had all the DLC along with it :D oh sorry that's Arkam City not Assassins Creed

Zach777

Zach777 said:

No they are absolutely not available. If so, where are they?!?! Why advertise if there is nothing?

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

@Hokori

Well one off the, was a Twp year old ga,e with the doc coming pout from launch to march.

The other just came out a few months ago and will be supported for dlc for a while.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Sony_70 "Well one of them was a Two year old game with the dlc coming out from launch to march.

The other just came out a few months ago and will be supported with dlc for a while."

Just thought I'd provide a translation so everyone else can read it.

BenAV

BenAV said:

I haven't bothered getting far in the single player yet so I won't be purchasing the first one, and I enjoy the multiplayer but unfortunately it almost never seems to work so there's no point in buying the second one either.

Pichuka97

Pichuka97 said:

Why must nintendo insist on letting people who are underaged not view or purchase games like this. I have the game but can't download the DLC because "I'm not old enough to play games like this". That's what parental controls are for.

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

@Pichuka97 If you're not 18, you shouldn't have access to 18+ games. That's like law.

I know that many people do it, but Nintendo can't just sell these games/dlc to underage people

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

And so the DLC agony of the other two had reach Nintendo's territory. Expect to see half-assed titles with tons of stuff missing only to be sold via crumb by crumb DLC.

MAB

MAB said:

@retro_player_22 Word up bro ;)

Now all devs need to do is create glitch fest games with broken modes then dangle a piece of crap crafted into the shape of a carrot as they sit back and watch innocent people waste their hard earned cash on not much at all.

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Good to see Ubisoft treating Wii U customers with a bit of respect & making the dlc available to those who want to buy it. Take note Activision, as I would be quite willing to pay for the Black Ops 2 map packs if & whenever the Wii U gets them!!

zaphod

zaphod said:

Will be getting "Hidden Secrets" as soon as I get home from work (which will hopefully be quite soon looking at the snow!) Can't get enough of the naval missions!

Pichuka97

Pichuka97 said:

@SanderEvers Still I think I should be able to view it unless I had parental controls. If Nintendo doesn't fix this then that means I'll have to wait a year to access this and other great content. If Xbox allows me to do this, then Wii U should too.

Rod64

Rod64 said:

The ONLY GAME IS THE WORLD that I've seen DLC has a been useful is Guitar Hero / Rock Band.

blackjim

blackjim said:

Woohoo! AC3 is my favorite game on Wii U right now so I'm going to get these as soon as possible :)