Dragon Quest X App Adventuring Onto 3DS

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

StreetPass and game updates included

Dragon Quest X, the Wii and Wii U exclusive with substantial online play, is currently only confirmed for Japan, which may bother those who got so engrossed in Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies on DS. To compound the anxious wait for news of localisation, it's being reported by Andriasang that a series of companion apps are set to be released on the 3DS eShop.

The first is called Dragon Quest X Boukensha no Odekake Benri Tool Vol.1, which apparently translates roughly to 'Convenient Tool For Adventurers On the Go: Vol.1'. It will apparently update with alerts from the game and provide updates for the Traveler's Bazaar, as well as information on friends and support characters and the ability to send letters to fellow adventurers. There's even a StreetPass function that will trade data related to your in-game character, so it seems as if there's potentially substantial interaction between the home consoles and the app.

The first release will also be completely free, but no release date has been given as yet: nor is there any news on a worldwide release.

[via andriasang.com]

Bubbab5

Bubbab5 said:

Meh I haven't really playEd a dragon quest game before but its free club Nintendo coins do I'll download. It

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

Ooh, dangerous. If I was able to interact with World of Warcraft even when I was away from the computer I never would have finished uni!

Depending on what exactly they implement it could be a really cool feature though.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I was very bothered that 9 came out on the DS after playing 8 on the PS2. If this were to only come out in Japan that would be less bothersome. I really do miss the abundance of good JRPGs on the PS2.

This is confirmed for both the Wii and Wii U? Does the Wii U version have improved HD graphics or is it the same game with Gamepad controls tacked on? Yes, I'm looking at you Twilight Princess.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Wow that sounds really handy, being able to do certain things with DQX even when away from home. I do hope they bring it over here though I'll have a pretty hard time picking it up if its pay/month.

AcesHigh

AcesHigh said:

Wait a tick... was DQX even announced for WiiU? I had been hoping (and expecting) that it would. I know it's still Japan only, but I must have missed that it's coming to WiiU.